Baroness/Deafheaven tour

Just read that these guys are doing a co-headlining tour, coming to Alberta in March!  I've always loved Baroness but have never seen Deafheaven.  I think this will be a DO NOT MISS show.  Any thoughts?

Comments

• toolie said:

Just read that these guys are doing a co-headlining tour, coming to Alberta in March!  I've always loved Baroness but have never seen Deafheaven.  I think this will be a DO NOT MISS show.  Any thoughts?

I've dabbled in listening to Baroness.  Never heard of Deafhaven.  I will have to look.
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388
    toolie said:

I've dabbled in listening to Baroness.  Never heard of Deafhaven.  I will have to look.

Deafheaven is a bit more of an acquired taste but I bet they would kill live.  Baroness just keeps getting better and better, I'm excited to hear their new record. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 782
    This is my non-PJ dream tour.  Literally have hoped these two would coheadline for a few years now.  I’ve seen Baroness 3x and Deafheaven 4x.  Both bands are just so good live.  So excited for this tour!
    I saw Baroness open for Clutch years and years ago but not since, and I’ve never seen Deafheaven. I’m stoked. 
    edited December 2018
    toolie said:
    I saw Baroness open for Clutch years and years ago but not since, and I’ve never seen Deafheaven. I’m stoked. 
    I never knew they opened for Clutch.  That’s awesome, i’ll be seeing Clutch in March along with the Baroness/Deafheaven tour.
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    Do not miss Zeal & Ardor if they are opening in your city. Stranger Fruit is one of my top five albums of the year.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    Do not miss Zeal & Ardor if they are opening in your city. Stranger Fruit is one of my top five albums of the year.
    Good to know! I don’t know any of their stuff but they sound interesting after reading a bit about them.

Oh man, this new Deafheaven song Black Brick is killer.  Glad they’ll be bringing it out on this epic tour!
    Holy that song is 🔥🔥🔥
    New Baroness song out now (Borderlines) and new album out in June!! Preorders open now.
    toolie said:
    New Baroness song out now (Borderlines) and new album out in June!! Preorders open now.
    It’s great.  Cant freakin wait!

So after waiting for this tour for MONTHS (I bought tickets the day of sale) I ended up super sick all weekend and only today have finally left the house.  What a piss off, I'm so mad I missed Baroness. 

Anyone have any reviews? Hopefully it was an awful show and I didn't miss anything? :)

toolie said:

So after waiting for this tour for MONTHS (I bought tickets the day of sale) I ended up super sick all weekend and only today have finally left the house.  What a piss off, I'm so mad I missed Baroness. 

Anyone have any reviews? Hopefully it was an awful show and I didn't miss anything? :)

That sucks.  We’re driving 6 hours for the show tomorrow.  Ironically Im not feeling the greatest.
    edited March 2019
    This show was absolutely fantastic.  All 3 bands.  I’m in the minority wishing PJ would have an opening act again.  I could see Baroness fitting that bill quite perfectly.
    Post edited by Deadman on

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it!  I'm still disappointed I missed it but I'm also still sneezing so whatever I got was a doozy.  Maybe they will do another tour after the album release :)

toolie said:

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it!  I'm still disappointed I missed it but I'm also still sneezing so whatever I got was a doozy.  Maybe they will do another tour after the album release :)

Oh they will for sure!