Options

Time For A Canadian Summer Stadium Tour: Call it "The Aw-EH Shows"

13»

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Zod said:
    kst said:
    They hit Toronto, Ottawa and Quebec City in 2016 and I think London, Vancouver and Calgary in 2013 so they're not supremely due to return to those places, but, it's been since 2011 for Montreal.  A great spot for anyone in the US northeast, the Canadian maritimes, south and east Ontario, and of course Quebec, not to mention a major international airport not that many hours from Europe.  Some people think Montreal is a quasi-European city and the band really likes Europe.  It would make a lot of sense to play there.  Just not in winter!
    They played Vancouver in 2016 too (Pemberton).    I wonder if that's more like what Canada will see in the future.  Larger Markets only.  Vancouver/Toronto/Montreal/Quebec City/One of the Alberta cities/Ottawa
    it's not just the future. it's largely its past and present. PJ has historically only hit the larger markets (Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto) and lately for some reason Calgary a few times. the rest of canada only gets a show if it's a cross canada full scale tour. I get it, but it still sucks. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    love for them to come to canada but just not stadiums. i'm not saying the shows suck it just isn't much fun being 50 to 80 yards back. and besides i'm older than them. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    When the heck did the arena in Toronto change names?! Scottibank arema? I thought it was the air canada center?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    mcgruff10 said:
    When the heck did the arena in Toronto change names?! Scottibank arema? I thought it was the air canada center?!
    I think the name changed on July 1st. Made me so mad, I moved out of town!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think the name changed on July 1st. Made me so mad, I moved out of town!
    Holy cow I too didn't know they changed it to the Scotiabank Arena.  :o 
    Halifax has the Scotiabank Centre.
  • Options
    nicolenicole Posts: 59
    I feel like there is so many reasons for them to visit Canada right now, 2005 and 2011 were so long ago now that it feels like it won’t ever happen again.. but those shows were amazing, would love to see them do an arena tour like those again. Lots of reasons to visit Canada! Such a beautiful country, with many things to entice others to travel here for the shows!  I would book my travel plans around a Pearl Jam Canadian tour for sure! We have great hockey teams, friendly people, great food, great legal bud everywhere, fantastic beer, energetic and enthusiastic crowds, and a beautiful landscape. It’s time! I know everyone feels like it’s been so long since Pearl Jam has been to their city, but it really has been over 7 years since they have been to
    many great cities in Canada. Jack White just did a fairly extensive Canadian tour and his shows were absolutely amazing with what I thought was a pretty cool vibe! It’s really time Pearl Jam show their Canadian friends some love!