"The calm before the storm."

Comments

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    kst said:
    Wonder if it has anything to do with the just announced NHL team in Seattle and a rumour from a year or so ago about the band doing a Seattle residency as part of a new arena deal for that.
    Except the pic is from the Philadelphia Spectrum from 2009.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    I’ve been keeping a mental log of PJ tour patterns since the advent of social media and seen them on most of their tours over the last 20 years.   Based on the few facts we have about recording a “forthcoming album”,  prior social media campaigns, and prior tours, I personally think this is more than a suddle himt that an announcement is forthcoming.   I would say there is a 75% chance 2019 shows get announced before the end the year and new album by spring. 

As a resident of houston, I’d say it’s unlikely we get a show.    

I could be full of shit and maybe I’ve had too much wine tonight. 
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    kst said:
    Wonder if it has anything to do with the just announced NHL team in Seattle and a rumour from a year or so ago about the band doing a Seattle residency as part of a new arena deal for that.
    Details.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    on2legs said:

JA is finally doing stand-up comedy
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    With the fact that they posted a photo of a concert venue and then on the same day a photo from a studio, it seems like there is a good chance things are brewing.  I don't suspect any announcements soon though.  Would be surprised to hear anything before March. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Yeah, I think people are overthinking it.

On this forum? Never! :lol:
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Matt released a story on insta showing three pics. A recording device, an iPad near instruments and a Ludwig drum set. IDK WTF that means but seems like a recording studio. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I d love for them to play arenas with reserved seating on the floor!! Oh yeah!!!!  
    They won't. They sell far fewer tickets that way.
    (I definitely support there being as many available 10C tix as possible)
    Best way to do that is just play more shows.  Dave Matthews Band did/doing like nearly 70 shows this year.  I was at the Times Union Center last night in Albany NY.  I had row AA sec 121 seats for them.  I have not been a consistent long term member of the Warehouse.  I usually end up with Balcony seats on their summer tour if I happen to get tickets.  You play a ton of shows it spreads the wealth.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    “The calm before the storm”...5 words....5 Washington Lane...the next show is at the White House!
  • tdawe said:
    “The calm before the storm”...5 words....5 Washington Lane...the next show is at the White House!

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    tdawe said:
    Isn't that 1600 pennsylvania ave?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    10C newsletter coming in few days.  Maybe they'll drop some more hints!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    The initial announcement of a tour is always separate from the newsletter.  
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    I'm always whining they never play enough shows near NY,  but Cali is waaaaay overdue. Can they still sell out there?

/s
    PB11041 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I d love for them to play arenas with reserved seating on the floor!! Oh yeah!!!!  
    Best way to do that is just play more shows.  Dave Matthews Band did/doing like nearly 70 shows this year.  I was at the Times Union Center last night in Albany NY.  I had row AA sec 121 seats for them.  I have not been a consistent long term member of the Warehouse.  I usually end up with Balcony seats on their summer tour if I happen to get tickets.  You play a ton of shows it spreads the wealth.

Not sure we would ever see them play 70 shows. It's usually no more than about 25 per with an off year thrown in sometimes.

Now if they were going to do a tour with full lottery seating or reverse number priority, then someone can dream for the impossible!

• jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    I'm always whining they never play enough shows near NY,  but Cali is waaaaay overdue. Can they still sell out there?

/s
    Yes!!!  Oakland please!
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    not sure if they record together? Isn't Ed on a safari adventure currently with the family, not in the studio for sure 
  • WildFlyWildFly Posts: 210
    It is actually the name and cover of the new album!!!!!!!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    You could be my plus one if there is reserved seating in vancouver.  I am usually in the first 8 rows.
    But what would your wife say? =);)
    If you wanna be in the 3rd row you can have my extra 8th row puff that’s far back lol ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    PB11041 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Not sure we would ever see them play 70 shows. It's usually no more than about 25 per with an off year thrown in sometimes.

Now if they were going to do a tour with full lottery seating or reverse number priority, then someone can dream for the impossible!

Just because they have not done it like 1998, 2000 or 2003 or even 2006 in a while doesn't they can't or won't.

In 2013-14 they basically played 55 shows in a calendar year.  57 in 2009-10 in the same type of structure.   2007, 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2016 and 2018 have definitely been outlier types of touring years.

And screw reverse lottery, I've earned my seniority as I head towards being a senior ;)

Their kids are all mostly getting of an age where the guys being on the road is not as difficult to do at big stretches.   
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Just because they have not done it like 1998, 2000 or 2003 or even 2006 in a while doesn't they can't or won't.

In 2013-14 they basically played 55 shows in a calendar year.  57 in 2009-10 in the same type of structure.   2007, 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2016 and 2018 have definitely been outlier types of touring years.

And screw reverse lottery, I've earned my seniority as I head towards being a senior ;)

Their kids are all mostly getting of an age where the guys being on the road is not as difficult to do at big stretches.   
    Yeah, keeping seniority makes total sense. Now this is coming from someone who joined in in 1998 so I have a decent number. But why not reward those who never canceled or let it lapse and have been in 20+ years? Everyone else still has a chance for the lottery. Plus, it is to the band's benefit too, how many would let their number lapse if there was no advantage to it?
    mace1229 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Yeah, keeping seniority makes total sense. Now this is coming from someone who joined in in 1998 so I have a decent number. But why not reward those who never canceled or let it lapse and have been in 20+ years? Everyone else still has a chance for the lottery. Plus, it is to the band's benefit too, how many would let their number lapse if there was no advantage to it?

Sure there are ways to reward senoority but Zero chance at decent seats every show doesn't sound fair.

Charging the same price for prime seats as 100% obstructed view doesn't sound fair either 

Not notifying purchasers of obstructed views at time of purchase is grossly unfair  

I know their legacy with Ticketmaster but the only issues I've ever had buying concert tix was with 10c, not TM.

• BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    mace1229 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Sure there are ways to reward senoority but Zero chance at decent seats every show doesn't sound fair.

Charging the same price for prime seats as 100% obstructed view doesn't sound fair either 

Not notifying purchasers of obstructed views at time of purchase is grossly unfair  

I know their legacy with Ticketmaster but the only issues I've ever had buying concert tix was with 10c, not TM.

You do have a chance at Great Seats!  Rows 1 and 2 and 9 and 10 were random for sometime with Reserved floor seating and have been at Fenway in 16 and 18.  
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Same faces seem to be at the front regardless of GA.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    kst said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    kst said:
    Details.
    That pic they posted was taken in 2009. thats the spectrum. Which has been demolished.  

I dont think this has anything to do with the Seattle NHL team. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    You could be my plus one if there is reserved seating in vancouver.  I am usually in the first 8 rows.
    But what would your wife say? =);)
    LoL. Touché!! As long as we don’t go camping!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    MayDay10 said:
    Same faces seem to be at the front regardless of GA.

right on. time to go back to seniority seating. :lol: I can only hope.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Since the only thing this band produces anymore is merchandise, it is pretty clear that a merch storm is coming. Prepare your credit cards for the coming storm!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    jeffbr said:
    Since the only thing this band produces anymore is merchandise, it is pretty clear that a merch storm is coming. Prepare your credit cards for the coming storm!

merch stands all over the country... No need to tour