2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,415
    Warriors and Celtics are on crisis..
    Space Bucks!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    ^that's a shame.

Joel Embiid--best big man in the game now? He just destroyed Anthony Davis again last night. Interested in non-Sixers fans thoughts on this...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172

He's a match up issue for Davis.

I still might put Davis ahead of him, but he's right there.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • I wonder if those who claim Curry is somehow overrated can admit that they are way off. Without him the Warriors are a borderline line playoff team. Finished last season 7-10 with him hurt and now this year they are 2-6 since he went down this year. With him in the lineup they are literally the biggest favorites in American sports history and without him they are another mediocre NBA team. But yeah he’s overrated. He and LeBron have dictated the last 8 champions and this year is clearly no different. By far the two most significant players of this decade and it’s not even debatable.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited November 2018
    ^that's a shame.

Joel Embiid--best big man in the game now? He just destroyed Anthony Davis again last night. Interested in non-Sixers fans thoughts on this...
    He guarded Davis but Davis didnt guard him at all.  Mirotic on Embiid was a laugh.  
    The size difference between the two is pretty jarring. You can’t bully Embiid in the paint and Davis’ jumper was off even when he was open

• No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    I wonder if those who claim Curry is somehow overrated can admit that they are way off. Without him the Warriors are a borderline line playoff team. Finished last season 7-10 with him hurt and now this year they are 2-6 since he went down this year. With him in the lineup they are literally the biggest favorites in American sports history and without him they are another mediocre NBA team. But yeah he’s overrated. He and LeBron have dictated the last 8 champions and this year is clearly no different. By far the two most significant players of this decade and it’s not even debatable.
    Very true. Curry is an absolute Top 3 player in the NBA and the best player on the Warriors. His value has been highlighted by their current play without him. They are playing terrible basketball at the moment
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • ^that's a shame.

He guarded Davis but Davis didnt guard him at all.  Mirotic on Embiid was a laugh.  
    The size difference between the two is pretty jarring. You can’t bully Embiid in the paint and Davis’ jumper was off even when he was open

Yeah I saw that too.  I wonder what would have happened if Davis did D up on him?
  • No Coder said:
    I wonder if those who claim Curry is somehow overrated can admit that they are way off. Without him the Warriors are a borderline line playoff team. Finished last season 7-10 with him hurt and now this year they are 2-6 since he went down this year. With him in the lineup they are literally the biggest favorites in American sports history and without him they are another mediocre NBA team. But yeah he’s overrated. He and LeBron have dictated the last 8 champions and this year is clearly no different. By far the two most significant players of this decade and it’s not even debatable.
    Very true. Curry is an absolute Top 3 player in the NBA and the best player on the Warriors. His value has been highlighted by their current play without him. They are playing terrible basketball at the moment
    The rest of the team aren't slouches in the slightest they are just not playing "together".

They had a system and it ran like a top.  Take out any one of their components and the machine stops working.

Remember when Green got suspended during the finals?  They didn't function right as a team and the Cavs capitalized on it.

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    ^that's a shame.

Yeah I saw that too.  I wonder what would have happened if Davis did D up on him?
    I think Embiid still wouldve gotten 25+ lol.  Hes so much stronger than Davis.  Davis usually guards PFs
  • ^that's a shame.

I think Embiid still wouldve gotten 25+ lol.  Hes so much stronger than Davis.  Davis usually guards PFs
    Davis is a beast.

I would love to see them square off as Embiid is a damn beast too.

A damn 7 footer shooting tres at the top of the key is just crazy to me still.  I know the game has evolved to this over the last couple years but it still makes me wow when I watch it.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    korver?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    No Coder said:
    The rest of the team aren't slouches in the slightest they are just not playing "together".

They had a system and it ran like a top.  Take out any one of their components and the machine stops working.

Remember when Green got suspended during the finals?  They didn't function right as a team and the Cavs capitalized on it.

Yes, Durant and Klay are great, but losing Curry has highlighted their lack of depth this year. No consistent player at the C position, especially with Green out also. Iggy is starting to show his age and apart from Livingstone, the rest of the bench are average at best. With all players back fit, they are still the best team in the league, but they really do not have the bench depth they used to have. Knowing how good the Warriors FO is, they will still have moves coming before trade deadline to shore that up

• No Coder said:
    No Coder said:

Yes, Durant and Klay are great, but losing Curry has highlighted their lack of depth this year. No consistent player at the C position, especially with Green out also. Iggy is starting to show his age and apart from Livingstone, the rest of the bench are average at best. With all players back fit, they are still the best team in the league, but they really do not have the bench depth they used to have. Knowing how good the Warriors FO is, they will still have moves coming before trade deadline to shore that up
    I don't want to hear another word on a Raptors/Warriors final.

All the sports pundits just need to stop.

Man it must be a slow time for basketball writing...
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    No Coder said:
    No Coder said:

I don't want to hear another word on a Raptors/Warriors final.

All the sports pundits just need to stop.

Man it must be a slow time for basketball writing...
    While I am a Raptors fan, I agree that its way to early to talk about the finals but I will say that I like it better that its not lebron/warriors finals talk. 

anyway, the warriors/raptors game last night was a great game
  • Nick Van Excel or Eddie jones?

Who was better?
  • Luca Doncic?

Are we taking him seriously?
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Nick Van Excel or Eddie jones?

Who was better?
    I don’t know who was better but Eddie Jones was one of my favorites when I was a kid. 
    Luca Doncic?

You should..ROY..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    Luca Doncic?

You should..ROY..
    I don't know how you wouldn't take him seriously. The kid has been great and as many expected him to be. He has made some plays that have been jaw dropping good and has a very good IQ. Nothing but success for him.

Bulls finally pull the trigger and fire Hoiberg. Great decision, but FO should also be in firing line. I'll give them a reprieve until they pick up the option on Parker. If that happens - sack GARPAX!!
    I will give them some credit on the last 2 drafts, Laurie and Wendell are both very good picks

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    No Coder said:
    Bulls finally pull the trigger and fire Hoiberg. Great decision, but FO should also be in firing line. I'll give them a reprieve until they pick up the option on Parker. If that happens - sack GARPAX!!
    I will give them some credit on the last 2 drafts, Laurie and Wendell are both very good picks

GarPax should have been gone 5 years ago.  Unfortunately Reinsdorf will never fire either of them.  It's a sad state of affairs.
    No Coder said:

GarPax should have been gone 5 years ago.  Unfortunately Reinsdorf will never fire either of them.  It's a sad state of affairs.
    Yeah, I agree. They are our biggest issue and have been for a long time

Happy Birthday Freak!!!!

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Wobbie said:
    korver?
    Nice addition! :plus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    edited December 2018
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    edited December 2018
    ^ The title of the video says it all... :angry:
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024