The Idiot Thread

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    Angry cyclist in Victoria throws own poop on car.
    I think any poop-bandit is an idiot. I don't care what the driver did. Fuckin' gross.

The cyclist was last seen wearing a brown sweater

guy's gotta wipe. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    Angry cyclist in Victoria throws own poop on car.
    I think any poop-bandit is an idiot. I don't care what the driver did. Fuckin' gross.

The cyclist was last seen wearing a brown sweater

guy's gotta wipe. 
    LOL
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • This doosh is a serious idiot of the disrespectful variety:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/im-just-sorry-for-what-i-did-alberta-woman-arrested-in-thailand-returns-home/ar-BBQ2YMV?ocid=edgsp

They should have kept her behind bars. F**king moron.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    This doosh is a serious idiot of the disrespectful variety:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/im-just-sorry-for-what-i-did-alberta-woman-arrested-in-thailand-returns-home/ar-BBQ2YMV?ocid=edgsp

They should have kept her behind bars. F**king moron.
    Agreed. I'm actually bummed out that they let her come home.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    No I am sorry, you don't apologize for this kind of crap.  You named your daughter abcde for god sakes.  What is her middle name, fghij?
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/30/us/abcde-southwest-apologizes-scli-intl/index.html

Girl called Abcde 'mocked by Southwest Airlines staff'

Southwest Airlines has apologized after a mother claimed its staff mocked her five-year-old daughter, called Abcde, over her name. 

A gate agent laughed at the name -- pronounced 'Ab-si-dee' -- and posted a picture of her boarding pass online, the girl's mother, Traci Redford, alleged. 
    "The gate agent started laughing, pointing at me and my daughter, talking to other employees. So I turned around and said, 'Hey, if I can hear you, my daughter can hear you, so I'd appreciate if you'd just stop,'" Redford told ABC News.
    The incident allegedly took place at John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California, as the mother and daughter boarded a flight to El Paso, Texas.
      She added that she later found out the picture of her daughter's boarding pass had been posted to Facebook.
        A spokesman for the airline offered a "sincere apology to the family" in a statement emailed to CNN. "We take great pride in extending our Southwest Hospitality to all of our Customers, which includes living by the Golden Rule and treating every individual with respect, in person or online," he added.
        "We have followed up with the Employee involved, and while we do not disclose personnel actions publicly, we are using this as an opportunity to reinforce our policies and emphasize our expectations for all Employees," the spokesman said.
        I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
        edited November 2018
        Everyone is wrong in that story, lol. Of course the airlines worker shouldn't be taking photos of passengers' bordering passes and posting them online. That is blatantly, obviously wrong and unprofessional at best. It's just as wrong to make fun of a little child's name right in front of the child. Wtf was wrong with that Southwest employee???
        The mother is obviously also a fool, since only a fool would name their kid that, spelled that way. All she did was make her kid's life more difficult. However, I do think the mom was right in complaining about the treatment she and her kid got from the airline worker. I think that worker should be fired, frankly.
        Post edited by PJ_Soul on
        With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
        PJ_Soul said:
        Everyone is wrong in that story, lol. Of course the airlines worker shouldn't be taking photos of passengers' bordering passes and posting them online. That is blatantly, obviously wrong and unprofessional at best. It's just as wrong to make fun and little child's name right in front of the child. Wtf was wrong with that Southwest employee???
        The mother is obviously also a fool, since only a fool would name their kid that, spelled that way. All she did was make her kid's life more difficult. However, I do think the mom was right in complaining about the treatment she and her kid got from the airline worker. I think that worker should be fired, frankly.
        The employees should have definitely been more professional but for christs sake, ABCDE?!?!
        mcgruff10 said:
        PJ_Soul said:
        Everyone is wrong in that story, lol. Of course the airlines worker shouldn't be taking photos of passengers' bordering passes and posting them online. That is blatantly, obviously wrong and unprofessional at best. It's just as wrong to make fun and little child's name right in front of the child. Wtf was wrong with that Southwest employee???
        The employees should have definitely been more professional but for christs sake, ABCDE?!?!
        Yeah, it's dumb, but it seriously isn't the most important issue in this story. Not even close.
      • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
        Can we merge the Trump thread with this one?
        chinese-happy.jpg
      • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
        PJ_Soul said:
        Everyone is wrong in that story, lol. Of course the airlines worker shouldn't be taking photos of passengers' bordering passes and posting them online. That is blatantly, obviously wrong and unprofessional at best. It's just as wrong to make fun of a little child's name right in front of the child. Wtf was wrong with that Southwest employee???
        Yeah, the staffer was far more in the wrong here. The world is full of names that look weird or silly to us but are completely culturally appropriate. People had better get used to that. Just because someone isn’t named Bill or Sarah doesn’t mean that gives you license to publicly make fun of anyone, especially a child. Snicker privately if you wish to but otherwise just do your damn job and treat each customer with respect. Otherwise they’re not going to be your customer anymore.  
        my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
        edited November 2018
        PJ_Soul said:
        Yeah, the staffer was far more in the wrong here. The world is full of names that look weird or silly to us but are completely culturally appropriate. People had better get used to that. Just because someone isn’t named Bill or Sarah doesn’t mean that gives you license to publicly make fun of anyone, especially a child. Snicker privately if you wish to but otherwise just do your damn job and treat each customer with respect. Otherwise they’re not going to be your customer anymore.  
        Totally! (although to be fair, this was just some white American lady who apparently thought it would be "interesting" to name her kid the first 5 letters of the alphabet, not a culturally appropriate name .... I mean, okay, maybe now inventing dumb names is kind of a part of American culture!)
        Post edited by PJ_Soul on
      • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
        PJ_Soul said:
        PJ_Soul said:
        Totally! (although to be fair, this was just some white American lady who apparently thought it would be "interesting" to name her kid the first 5 letters of the alphabet, not a culturally appropriate name .... I mean, okay, maybe now inventing dumb names is kind of a part of American culture!)
        What does the race of the parent have to do with anything?
        PJ_Soul said:
        mcgruff10 said:
        PJ_Soul said:
        Yeah, it's dumb, but it seriously isn't the most important issue in this story. Not even close.
        This is the idiot thread. Naming your kid the first five letters of the alphabet In Order to be unique is idiotic. 
        my2hands said:
        PJ_Soul said:
        PJ_Soul said:
        What does the race of the parent have to do with anything?
        Holy fuck, you're just a shit disturber, eh? Do you really need me to answer that? Because I know you know that I meant it's a white American aka not an immigrant American with a non-American culture, nor a minority with a possible distinct minority culture. She is a plain old white American lady.
        just wonderin'
        my2hands said:
        just wonderin'
        :lol:
        PJ_Soul said:
        Abcde is culturally appropriate?  Lol, this lady is a total idiot.  I feel so bad for the kid. 
        I've recently considered my name recently to something totally badass... i want to pick my own damn name, why not?

Think of the potential
        edited December 2018
        mcgruff10 said:
        PJ_Soul said:
        Abcde is culturally appropriate?  Lol, this lady is a total idiot.  I feel so bad for the kid. 
        Read again - you’re having trouble comprehending what I  said. 

mcgruff10 said:
        PJ_Soul said:

I understood what you wrote; do you feel abcde is a culturally appropriate name?
      • mcgruff10 said:
        mcgruff10 said:
        PJ_Soul said:

I understood what you wrote; do you feel abcde is a culturally appropriate name?

Can I chime in?

It's a goofy name given by an even goofier person: an idiot.

I'm thinking the 'outrage' is more on the part of the adult ("How dare you mock the ridiculous name I gave my child and not find it the most unique name in the world making me the best mom to ever give a child a name?").
      • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
        Is this the new Trump thread?
      • dignin said:
        Is this the new Trump thread?

Very early on... in the intial stages of the idiot thread... Donald was anointed an idiot here. He's a founding member so to speak.
        mcgruff10 said:
        mcgruff10 said:
        PJ_Soul said:

Can I chime in?

I'm thinking the 'outrage' is more on the part of the adult ("How dare you mock the ridiculous name I gave my child and not find it the most unique name in the world making me the best mom to ever give a child a name?").
        Lol. Sooo true. Del you should try for another kid and name it hijklmno.

• mcgruff10 said:
        mcgruff10 said:
        mcgruff10 said:
        PJ_Soul said:

Can I chime in?

The only person that could possibly fit that name is... well... you. No wait. Maybe PJSoul lol.
        mcgruff10 said:
        mcgruff10 said:
        mcgruff10 said:
        PJ_Soul said:

Can I chime in?

The only person that could possibly fit that name is... well... you. No wait. Maybe PJSoul lol.
        I d just nickname the kid H2O. ;)
      • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
        edited December 2018
        I now know of two people with the name “Abcde”...weird

Post edited by PJPOWER on
        mcgruff10 said:
        mcgruff10 said:
        PJ_Soul said:

That’s not what I said, so no, you didn’t understand. 

Somebody definitely made the naughty list.
        https://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2018/11/santa_isnt_real_substitute_teacher_tells_students.html

Substitute teacher told 1st graders Santa isn't real, basically ruined Christmas

A substitute teacher in Montville has landed on the naughty list after telling first-graders that Santa isn't real.

The Cedar Hill School sent a letter to parents apologizing for the holiday gaffe, which occurred on Thursday in the first-grade class.

"During the course of the day, a substitute teacher apparently announced to the class that Santa was not real," the school's principal, Michael J. Raj, wrote in the letter provided Friday to NJ Advance Media.

Raj did not identify the teacher, but said he had spoken with her "regarding her poor judgement in making this proclamation."

"As a father of four myself, I am truly aware of the sensitive nature of this announcement," Raj said, adding he was informing parents "so that you are aware of the situation and if the conversation comes up at home over the next few days you can take appropriate steps to maintain the childhood innocence of the holiday season."

Montville Schools Superintendent Rene Rovtar issued a statement that she was "troubled and disheartened by this incident."

"The childhood wonder associated with all holidays and traditions is something I personally hold near and dear in my own heart," Rovtar said.