Chris Cornell Tribute Concert

Comments

• I am happy to hear that Stub Hub doesn't sell tickets when it's a charitable event.... although they were initially on there.
    Congrats to those who were lucky enough to get tickets 💙
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    Its fucking LA.  The celebs and industry types will have no problems getting tickets.  This should be in Seattle and should have been sold through the fan clubs. Happy its a fundraiser but it feels wrong to me. I hope Eddie skips it (sorry to those who bought tickets-no offense intended). 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Why would you want Ed to skip this event?  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Just my two cents.  The arena will be full of Hollywood rather than real fans. It stinks.  Glad their money will go to good use.
  • Get_Right said:
    Its fucking LA.  The celebs and industry types will have no problems getting tickets.  This should be in Seattle and should have been sold through the fan clubs. Happy its a fundraiser but it feels wrong to me. I hope Eddie skips it (sorry to those who bought tickets-no offense intended). 
    I fully agree. Was actually glad he did not make an appearance at any of the TOTD shows. 
  • Get_Right said:
    I fully agree. Was actually glad he did not make an appearance at any of the TOTD shows. 
    Got some sour grapes? Chris lived in LA. He's buried here. Mike has a house here. The Foo Fighters live here. Ryan Adams lives here. Kimmell lives here. Neil Young lives here. LA is the 2nd largest city in the U.S... and the Forum seats 17,000. There will be more than just Hollywood and industry people at this show, I can assure you.

Eddie will probably be there. It benefits EBMRF so it makes sense he will be there. Sorry you didn't get a ticket. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    ^Exactly.  I don't see why people complaining about this.  
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • Who else do you guys think will/should perform?  I think Chris Stapleton would be great, he definitely sounds similar to CC at times.  I think Myles Kennedy is about the only mainstream singer with a similar range to Chris.  I'd say Ann Wilson too.
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 870
    Get_Right said:
    Just my two cents.  The arena will be full of Hollywood rather than real fans. It stinks.  Glad their money will go to good use.
    Right. Because Ed never hangs out with any of those Hollywood folks. 
    KC2917 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Right. Because Ed never hangs out with any of those Hollywood folks. 
    You are 100% right. Sarcasm detected. My views are biased as I hate LA.  Chris Cornell story coming soon to a theater near you.  
  • kemicskemics Posts: 54
    Looking for a ticket to this if anyone has an extra shoot me a message... small chance I know.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm starring at you the whole fuckin' time." E.V.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    edited November 2018
    Who else do you guys think will/should perform?
    Toni & Christopher Cornell Jr.

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    ^ powerful and sad.
  • Get_Right said:
    Got some sour grapes? Chris lived in LA. He's buried here. Mike has a house here. The Foo Fighters live here. Ryan Adams lives here. Kimmell lives here. Neil Young lives here. LA is the 2nd largest city in the U.S... and the Forum seats 17,000. There will be more than just Hollywood and industry people at this show, I can assure you.

Eddie will probably be there. It benefits EBMRF so it makes sense he will be there. Sorry you didn't get a ticket. 
    No sour grapes here, and my comment was about Ed skipping it, not the other stuff, but I see how you thought differently. Though I'm not sure what difference it makes to have the event where some of the people taking part in this live, it would seem more appropriate in Seattle. Regardless, I don't give 2 shits where it is, and I've got tickets and my airfare & hotel are booked.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Holding the show in "fucking" L.A. will help bring more attention to the causes.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I'm happy for the folks who got tickets to this event i'm sure it will be a beautiful & emotional event ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Get_Right said:

And Eddie isn't part of that Hollywood crowd?  

• IdlewildIdlewild London, England Posts: 173
    There are more tickets available https://ebmrf.org/i-am-the-highway-a-tribute-to-chris-cornell/    350 dollar ones 
    London Brixton Academy 1993, Wembley Arena (Both Nights) 1996, Wembley Arena 2000, London Astoria 2006, Reading Festival 2006, Verona Italy 2006, London Wembley Arena 2007, Copenhagen Denmark 2007,
    London Shepherds Bush Empire 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena 2009, London O2 Arena 2009
    Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester Arena 1 and 2, Stockholm, Oslo 2012
    Amsterdam 1 and 2, Leeds, Milton Keynes Bowl 2014
    Wrigley Field 1 and 2 2016
    London 1 and 2 2018
    Fenway Park 1 and 2 2018
  • kenkkenk Posts: 210
    I wonder if those $350 level vip's are the upper level 'box" seats which were not available at all on ticketmaster.
  • Given2FlyGiven2Fly Seattle Posts: 167
    Idlewild said:
    There are more tickets available https://ebmrf.org/i-am-the-highway-a-tribute-to-chris-cornell/    350 dollar ones 
    Anybody who bought these the first go-around receive any info on where these seats are ? 
  • Given2Fly said:
    Idlewild said:
    Anybody who bought these the first go-around receive any info on where these seats are ? 
    not yet.
    Given2Fly said:
    Idlewild said:
    not yet.

London Brixton Academy 1993, Wembley Arena (Both Nights) 1996, Wembley Arena 2000, London Astoria 2006, Reading Festival 2006, Verona Italy 2006, London Wembley Arena 2007, Copenhagen Denmark 2007,
    London Shepherds Bush Empire 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena 2009, London O2 Arena 2009
    London 1 and 2 2018
    Fenway Park 1 and 2 2018
    I don’t know either I’m afraid I just bought them today. The only confirmation I got was PayPal confirmed payment. 
    London 1 and 2 2018
    Fenway Park 1 and 2 2018
  • KB82926 said:

The TM listing now shows a button that says,

"Every online ticket purchase comes with one physical copy of Chris Cornell's upcoming album, "Chris Cornell". Approximately 24-48 hours after purchase, you will receive an additional email with instructions on how to redeem your album. US residents only. One CD per online ticket. Not valid for Fan to Fan Resale."

Has anyone who scored tickets through TM received an email with info on getting the album?  I bought 2 tickets but have not received anything.  Thanks
  • markbyrne8520markbyrne8520 Boston Posts: 17
    MR282891 said:
    KB82926 said:

"Every online ticket purchase comes with one physical copy of Chris Cornell's upcoming album, "Chris Cornell". Approximately 24-48 hours after purchase, you will receive an additional email with instructions on how to redeem your album. US residents only. One CD per online ticket. Not valid for Fan to Fan Resale."

Has anyone who scored tickets through TM received an email with info on getting the album?  I bought 2 tickets but have not received anything.  Thanks
    I bought 3 tickets and have not heard a thing from TM.  
  • THETONYCLIFTONTHETONYCLIFTON SAN LUIS OBISPO Posts: 153
    So fuckin' excited for this show, while it is bittersweet, having all these guys together under the same roof is going to be absolutely spectacular to witness! 
    "..to find the comfort in this world."
  • MR282891 said:
    KB82926 said:

I bought 3 tickets and have not heard a thing from TM.  
    I received my tickets today, no CD included
    Given2Fly said:
    Idlewild said:
    not yet.
    I’ve emailed a.pett@bep-la.com to see if any confirmation was to be sent. Hopefully will get a swift answer. 
    London 1 and 2 2018
    Fenway Park 1 and 2 2018
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Get_Right said:

I heard they were considerering only allowing Cornell Fan Club members from 1992 access to the best seats. That would have been fair.
  • Keep in mind the rapid Metallica and Foo Fighter fans were also in the hunt.
This discussion has been closed.