Chris Cornell Tribute Concert

Comments

• PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 California Posts: 594
    Every time I attempted to buy a ticket it would just say someone beat me to it or it was no longer available...
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Every time I attempted to buy a ticket it would just say someone beat me to it or it was no longer available...
    Me too.  Such a shitshow.  Its annoying feeling like you dont even have a chance at reasonably priced tickets for a show.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Cheers to the lucky ones! :star:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    I got in the waiting room around 30 minutes before.  When they went on sell I was about 300 back.  Grabbed a pair wayyyyy up top (sec 230 I think) as I couldn't really justify spending a lot more on lower levels.  At least i'm in the building!  

Also to note, I did this on my laptop.  I had my mobile app pulled up and joined the waiting room maybe a minute or less after I did on the laptop and didn't get through for about 15 minutes on that one.  
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • jcarte59jcarte59 Portland, OR Posts: 15
    Well that was frustrating. The only way I'd pay $5k for a ticket is they replaced the stage with a lake and Chris Cornell himself walked out on it.
  • jcarte59 said:
    Well that was frustrating. The only way I'd pay $5k for a ticket is they replaced the stage with a lake and Chris Cornell himself walked out on it.
    I'd pay 5K for that experience as well!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Managed to get a floor. Woo!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • chitty said:
    See what the stubhub prices are closer to the day I guess, but then that makes it tough to plan with work and flights being more expensive. 
    I doubt that StubHub will have any tickets. It is their policy to not allow any shows that raise money for charity on their site. Your best chance may be some of the other, lesser-known ticket resale sites.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Given2FlyGiven2Fly Seattle Posts: 167
    chitty said:
    See what the stubhub prices are closer to the day I guess, but then that makes it tough to plan with work and flights being more expensive. 
    I doubt that StubHub will have any tickets. It is their policy to not allow any shows that raise money for charity on their site. Your best chance may be some of the other, lesser-known ticket resale sites.
    Uh.. stubhub has already sold hundreds (if not thousands) of tickets to this show.. heh.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    I thought ticket master sold seats at regular face value? How are they thousands through TM?
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    StubHub pulled the listing for the show.
    kasedoug said:
    Yeah I was just about to say that.. crazy. So is the arena going to be half empty now with scalpers owning half the tickets and can't sell them?
  • Very Frustrating Experience today!  I thought the Waiting Room BS was only on AXS but now Ticketmaster is using it. I’m no rookie at buying tickets - Today I was using 2 devices and sitting in the waiting room 15min early & didn’t get a chance to buy tickets till after 10:25am.  
    The scalpers know how to get around the waiting room BS and lots of tickets were listed Stubhub before they removed the show listing.
    Each of the bands should have had a block of fan club tickets for will call pickup only.  
  • Given2Fly said:
    kasedoug said:
    Yeah I was just about to say that.. crazy. So is the arena going to be half empty now with scalpers owning half the tickets and can't sell them?
    There are many other after market ticket sites
  • KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 88
    Thankfully I didn't book my flights from Ireland first.  A disaster of a website, I'm so dissapointed I missed out.
    madhat181 said:
    Given2Fly said:
    kasedoug said:
    There are many other after market ticket sites
    Right I know, but on things Ticketmaster doesn't have an official resale on I'm willing to bet StubHub does well over 50% of the secondary market sales... 
  • Given2Fly said:
    I liked how they started releasing the previous $99 upper level seats at first $230, then $330 to maximize profits (and I guarantee the artist/charity doesn't get 2.5x/3.5x for those seats). Criminals.
    I know people don't like to hear this because it's easier to blame TM than the artist they are going to see but except for fees, prices for concerts are set by the promoter of the show in conjunction with the artist. TM does not set the price of tickets. If they are using Platinum Tickets, the artist agrees to that. TM does not just price tickets however they want. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Expensive show.  Wow
  • Ticketmaster......ughhhh  I hate you! So sad that tribute BENEFIT concert tickets get eaten up by bots and instead of the big ticket price money going to the benefit....some nasty individual makes huge bucks reselling the tickets 😥😥😥😥
  • Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • I guess I got lucky, I snagged a great ticket to this show. It was $405, but it's a great ticket. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    I wish I knew where the EB charity tickets are located.  Seems like that could be a great deal given what other seats are going for.  
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    same. plenty of nice upper levels for a normal price were there but couldn't cart one. sucks. 

ISO a ticket if anyone out there happened to get an extra- or decides they can't go to LA.  
  • Given2Fly said:
    chitty said:
    Uh.. stubhub has already sold hundreds (if not thousands) of tickets to this show.. heh.
    Yeah, I was referring to chitty's comment about using StubHub closer to the day of the show. Charity shows can mistakenly find their way onto StubHub sometimes, but they always get identified and taken down pretty quickly. Looks like that was the case today as well.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    The only thing is once pulled off Stubhub the market demand actually increases. Less avenues to obtain tickets and those with tickets get more money on their sale. I wish they left them on Stubhub. 
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    Remember folks, there were LOTS of spare tickets available for EV + The Who benefit show in 2015.  Especially as the show neared.  I expect this to be no different.
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    edited November 2018
    CopperTom said:
    Remember folks, there were LOTS of spare tickets available for EV + The Who benefit show in 2015.  Especially as the show neared.  I expect this to be no different.
    I don't think I agree. With no tickets on stubhub and some tickets being chase customers only I think it will be an impossible find without big money for those that did not get tickets.  I wish they'd work a deal with stubhub to donate a portion of their proceeds then there would be more tickets available. 
    Post edited by cmalisze on
  • kenkkenk Posts: 210
    cmalisze said:
    CopperTom said:
    I don't think I agree. With no tickets on stubhub and some tickets being chase customers only I think it will be an impossible find without big money for those that did not get tickets.  I wish they'd work a deal with stubhub to donate a portion if their proceeds then there would be more tickets available. 
    Totally agree. Plus I got in right away and was able to get 2 tickets easily. At that point I could pretty much get any ticket I wanted. Almost everything on the map was available other than the upper level "box" sections. Then over the next hour I watched the entire map empty. I don't think many tix were held back. It really would make more sense for Stubhub to allow sales and just give x amount of their fees to the charity. But I guess at the end of the day Stubhub isn't really in the charity business.
This discussion has been closed.