Chris Cornell Tribute Concert

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited November 2018 in The Porch
Chris Cornell Tribute Concert
News November 13 2018

httpsdownloads-pearljam-coms3amazonawscomimgnews-thumbs1542130985b96acb69e78e542eb79163dfdc45e891jpg

On January 16th, members of Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Audioslave will takeover the Forum in Los Angeles for “I Am The Highway: A Tribute to Chris Cornell.”

The event, hosted by Jimmy Kimmel and special guests, will feature special performance by Foo Fighters, Metallic, Ryan Adams, and more.

In keeping with Chris’ vision to protect the world’s most vulnerable children, the evening will benefit the Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation as well as The Epidermolysis Bullosa Medical Research Foundation.

TICKETS  - on sale Fri , Nov. 16th @ 10am PST
Includes 1 copy of Chris Cornell’s Retrospective

Photo Credit: Karen Loria

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• This is going to be so special. I'm so glad that I live in LA. Not going to miss this.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Awesome. I hope all who can go have a wonderful time. Nice to see him being remembered. Thanks for the announcement. 
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    Oh man. Why LA? Why!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Oh, wow!  If I lived in SoCal still, I would be there.  Hope those who go have a great experience and that there is video for the rest of us.  (PPV?)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Yessssssss!!!!
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    wondering if Eddie will show up.   

Thats a big lineup tho
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Very cool
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Can't wait for Ryan Adams to crush his cover. Will be special.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I'm gonna try to go. Would be amazing to be there. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    too sad for me and no one can sing those songs like Chris
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2018
    On sale the same day as Backstreet Boys tickets to Scandinavium Arena here in Gothenburg.

Maybe I should take a trip to LA instead...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 537
    excited for this. the Forum is the best
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Looks like a very cool event for a good cause......def gonna be there!
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,486
    Anyone else find it a bit strange that it says 'members of Soundgarden, temple of the dog and audioslave' but no members pearl jam? 

Foo fighters, Metallica and Ryan Adams (for some reason) also appearing and get a mention but again....no pearl jam or Eddie???

What's going on? Can anyone explain??
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Anyone else find it a bit strange that it says 'members of Soundgarden, temple of the dog and audioslave' but no members pearl jam? 

Foo fighters, Metallica and Ryan Adams (for some reason) also appearing and get a mention but again....no pearl jam or Eddie???

I would imagine that the details haven't been 100% finalized. I would also imagine that Eddie may never sing his part of Hunger Strike again.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594

Probably because Cornell was in those bands.  He wasn't in Pearl Jam (I know you know that).

• Anyone else find it a bit strange that it says 'members of Soundgarden, temple of the dog and audioslave' but no members pearl jam? 

Chris was a member of Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, and Audioslave. Chris was not a member of Pearl Jam. I don't find it strange at all that the event is advertised as such. It's a Chris Cornell tribute - clearly the emphasis is on the fact that members of HIS former bands will be paying tribute to him.

Why would Pearl Jam or Eddie be mentioned when neither Pearl Jam nor Eddie will be performing? Now THAT would be strange...
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Anyone else find it a bit strange that it says 'members of Soundgarden, temple of the dog and audioslave' but no members pearl jam? 

TOTD is basically pearl jam
    maybe it means without eddie
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • I think Eddie could be considered a member of temple of the dog.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2018
    It lists members of bands Cornell has been it... obviously...
  • PearlNChainzPearlNChainz Seattle Posts: 3
    I wish this was in Seattle. But happy that we did have our first Chris Cornell tribute on his birthday. It was held at the historic Crocodile. 
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,486

Chris was a member of Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, and Audioslave. Chris was not a member of Pearl Jam. I don't find it strange at all that the event is advertised as such. It's a Chris Cornell tribute - clearly the emphasis is on the fact that members of HIS former bands will be paying tribute to him.

Why would Pearl Jam or Eddie be mentioned when neither Pearl Jam nor Eddie will be performing? Now THAT would be strange...
    Ok yeah I get that. It's just Chris and Eddie (and PJ) had such a close relationship I'm just surprised there's no mention...but I see your point. Well said.
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

this is awesome, wish I could attend

I hope EV would attend and take the mic for his boy

• tell Jimmy Kimmel he can sit this one out
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:

this is awesome, wish I could attend

I hope EV would attend and take the mic for his boy

It's also helping raise money for EB. Being a cause that Ed has been really involved in, I think there's a decent chance he will be there.

Edit - not that he needs that incentive to be there
  • MO195132 said:
    tell Jimmy Kimmel he can sit this one out
    Why...
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    Sad.

Glad he's being honored. Nice talented person I had the pleasure of watching scream his lungs out-louder than love-and kick the ceiling tiles out of city gardens. He was the original club climber after all. Lots of love to family & fans forever...
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Wow, would love to see this show! 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 870
    I don’t see how I can miss this one. Sounds like a road trip is in order!
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Surprised no 10C tickets offered 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
This discussion has been closed.