House Of Cards (Netflix Tv Show)

124»

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    PJ_Soul said:
    I have watched up to episode 7 I think. Really enjoying it a lot!! The storyline is... extreme. But that's okay with me! I am enjoying how diabolical Claire is now. Those fucking Shepherds man... I really wish the worst for them, lol. I actually want Duncan to die. :lol:
    It wasn’t horrible.  The thing with the Shepherds was that we should have learned about them a long time ago.   Since Frank couldn’t be the villian to Claire they had to find someone new and were in a tough spot as writers.  The season jumped around, repeated itself,  and left a lot of loose ends to me.   Maybe they left room for another season if the fans really fought for it but I doubt it.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    I have watched up to episode 7 I think. Really enjoying it a lot!! The storyline is... extreme. But that's okay with me! I am enjoying how diabolical Claire is now. Those fucking Shepherds man... I really wish the worst for them, lol. I actually want Duncan to die. :lol:
    It wasn’t horrible.  The thing with the Shepherds was that we should have learned about them a long time ago.   Since Frank couldn’t be the villian to Claire they had to find someone new and were in a tough spot as writers.  The season jumped around, repeated itself,  and left a lot of loose ends to me.   Maybe they left room for another season if the fans really fought for it but I doubt it.
    Well I haven't finished the season, so can't speak to that, but I like the Shepherds as Claire's villain more than I like Frank as her villain.... because I loved Frank. I was more on his side than Claire's.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Well I haven't finished the season, so can't speak to that, but I like the Shepherds as Claire's villain more than I like Frank as her villain.... because I loved Frank. I was more on his side than Claire's.
    Claire was a strong character but Frank was most important to the show.  Claire is too one dimensional as a character.  More self centered and single minded than Frank.  I think Frank actually liked some people but Claire probably never had a friend in her life other than Frank who was a means to an end.  I don’t think I am being sexist either or having any inconcious bias.
    There was a point in this season where I started rooting for Claire but that quickly faded.  No one to root for on this show except the reporters, or rather the “fake media”.
    edited November 2018
    I love Claire's character - I don't agree that she's one-dimensional at all. Yes, Frank's character was awesome, mainly because he had actual humour, which Claire doesn't. But I still love her character, more now that she's so evil, enough so that I'm not actually missing Frank at all. Frank was a better person than she is, which is shocking, considering how awful he was, lol! But Claire is just so fucking devious that it's completely entertaining to me! I am absolutely rooting for her.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Not missing Frank at all? Really? Wow.

chinese-happy.jpg

No. He had a good run and got the story to where it is; I couldn't really see where else they could take him anyhow, with the way the story went up until he got fired. I think him dying and Claire taking over actually seemed like the only viable direction the story could have taken even if Spacey hadn't been #metoo'd. Frank was done as POTUS before that.
    PJ_Soul said:

No. He had a good run and got the story to where it is; I couldn't really see where else they could take him anyhow, with the way the story went up until he got fired. I think him dying and Claire taking over actually seemed like the only viable direction the story could have taken even if Spacey hadn't been #metoo'd. Frank was done as POTUS before that.
    Well I was looking forward to witnessing his, inevitable, epic downfall. Just because he wasn't president doesn't mean he wasn't on a collision course with a prison sentence. I don't believe Claire agreed to pardon him at the end of last season, right? Seemed like that was where it was all leading... 

Anyway, I'm not in a hurry to watch the final season. But I am sure I will probably hate-watch it sooner or later. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited November 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

Well I was looking forward to witnessing his, inevitable, epic downfall. Just because he wasn't president doesn't mean he wasn't on a collision course with a prison sentence. I don't believe Claire agreed to pardon him at the end of last season, right? Seemed like that was where it was all leading... 

Anyway, I'm not in a hurry to watch the final season. But I am sure I will probably hate-watch it sooner or later. haha
    I can't talk about this anymore without spoilers from the current season, lol.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I can't talk about this anymore without spoilers from the current season, lol.
    Oh boy....now I want to watch it!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I'm two episodes in..............I hate it so far! Ugh. I've fallen asleep during portions of both episodes. But I must plow through. I must. I must finish this series.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I'm two episodes in..............I hate it so far! Ugh. I've fallen asleep during portions of both episodes. But I must plow through. I must. I must finish this series.

I keep seeing it pop up when I scroll through Netflix but have zero urge to watch it.  Maybe I'll get to it one of these days but just hard to imagine the show without Francis...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I am in the Hate Watch at Some Point category.  I know I am going to dislike it but I need to finish.  I love Robin Wright but not this character.  (Any longer.)
    I do not miss cock grabber, at this point I don't care to watch K*Pax the Creeper anywhere.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I quite liked the last season.... besides the ending.
    Well I read some recaps of what I missed whilst snoozing through the first two episodes and now that I am 3 episodes in, I'm liking it a little bit more. The plot twists are so soap opera-y though. They're tough to digest.

Doug Stamper is still awesome. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    One episode left. I've really despised this season but am curious to see how it actually ends.......
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Fuck this last season. Fuck this show in general. The last episode can do directly to hell.

I'm happy to have finished this but at the same time, I'm pissed at the time I wasted watching it. Everyone sucks. Everyone is miserable. No character makes you want to root for them--except maybe Doug, but he's also a miserable murdering human being. 

I liked Claire early on but she just morphed into some crazy ass cartoon character as the season's went on.

I immediately watched the first half of the series premier after the finale ended. The difference in quality is astounding. The show as always a bit of a soap opera but it was at least grounded in reality early on. RIP Peter Russo. 

Fuck you House of Cards!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    One episode left. I've really despised this season but am curious to see how it actually ends.......
    After reading this post yesterday I assumed something like your next post was on its way.  Terrible season.