Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• What it could be:
    A tease about making sure shipping info is current (the overdue single?)

A tease regarding the new album

Order cut-off for vault

"Stay tuned for more." -- Perhaps more coming in the early part of next year???

Contest

What it will be:
    Info about Innings Fest which we already know
    Buy the merch
    Contest
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    edited November 2018
    jeffbr said:
    on2legs said:
    The posts of some people here make me think they are being forced to be a ten club member and they’re really unhappy about it. 
    Of course you do. Your MO is always to be 100% cheerleading for the 10c. But his is a thread about our expectations for the newsletter. My expectation is that it will be devoid of useful information. It if ends up having useful information, I'll be happy. If not, that's the way the 10c is these days. I'm not being forced to be a member, but that doesn't mean I jump in line and goose-step along like a good soldier at all times. I can complain if I'd like to. I can joke if I'd like to. I can express my opinion if I'd like to. Simple! Not everything is quite as binary as you seem to make it out to be. Lighten up, Francis.
    I don’t know... what kind of info do you want?  They just finished a tour and the next record isn’t done.  There ain’t much to tell.  No need to be salty about it.  I think most of us are adults now and we’re not really waiting to hear what Jeff’s favorite color is or who Ed’s crush is.  Sometimes there just ain’t no news. 
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I think he's just saying they could be more open about the goings on in the PJ world rather than being secretive. And thats a fair desire.

But history has proven that if plans change or stuff doesn't materialize, PJ fans tend to get apoplectic. So I get why the 10c plays it close to the chest.

My guess is,

Ed's AZ headline
    Vault status update
    Holiday shipping timeline
    Summer tour merch dump
    Contest

Would love a 2018 Silver CD Box announcement

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    What’s the over/under on when they do announce the annual single it’ll be for 2018, hoping they we forgot last year’s “2017” was just a “typo”?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    on2legs said:
    jeffbr said:
    on2legs said:
    The posts of some people here make me think they are being forced to be a ten club member and they’re really unhappy about it. 
    Of course you do. Your MO is always to be 100% cheerleading for the 10c. But his is a thread about our expectations for the newsletter. My expectation is that it will be devoid of useful information. It if ends up having useful information, I'll be happy. If not, that's the way the 10c is these days. I'm not being forced to be a member, but that doesn't mean I jump in line and goose-step along like a good soldier at all times. I can complain if I'd like to. I can joke if I'd like to. I can express my opinion if I'd like to. Simple! Not everything is quite as binary as you seem to make it out to be. Lighten up, Francis.
    I don’t know... what kind of info do you want?  They just finished a tour and the next record isn’t done.  There ain’t much to tell.  No need to be salty about it.  I think most of us are adults now and we’re not really waiting to hear what Jeff’s favorite color is or who Ed’s crush is.  Sometimes there just ain’t no news. 
    The info I would be interested in is the recording process, specifics on how some songs came together, etc....
  • mace1229 said:
    What’s the over/under on when they do announce the annual single it’ll be for 2018, hoping they we forgot last year’s “2017” was just a “typo”?

If that's the case, I wouldn't expect it until June 2019. In other words, right on 10C time.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    VOTE!
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    VOTE!
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    VOTE!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited November 2018
    There's only one song fitting to this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lK4dgAXNLQ
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474

I love that movie!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Album and tour.  Those are the only two things I look forward to on the monthly emails, and guess what, those two things aren't announced on the monthly emails!  
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    Album and tour.  Those are the only two things I look forward to on the monthly emails, and guess what, those two things aren't announced on the monthly emails!  
    exactly, those two things get announced randomly  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
    edited November 2018
    I also look forward to actual music being made and sold. I really wish they were more into actual music than they are into shirts and posters now. Wtf are the guys doing on the side these days?? If the newsletter is any indication, nothing. But I really doubt that's true (and I'm not just talking the period where they're working on a PJ album, so don't have time for side projects... we've barely seen anything about what they've been doing for ages, while Mike has his own record label going. I've noticed some of those things just being in the shop, buried where no one will see them, without any mention of any of it in the newsletter. It's kind of weird).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    I also look forward to actual music being made and sold. I really wish they were more into actual music than they are into shirts and posters now. Wtf are these guys doing on the side these days?? If the newsletter is any indication, nothing. But I really doubt that's true (and I'm not just talking the period where they're working on a PJ album, so don't have time for side projects... we've barely seen anything about what they've been doing for ages, while Mike has his own record label going. I've noticed some of those things just being in the shop, buries where no one will see them, without any mention of any of it in the newsletter. It's kind of weird).
    Not that any of this is any news to us, but over 5 years and 1 ok song released doesn't sound like a band that's too focused on writing great music together.  It seems that they haven't been that into it for a while, but the lure of a lot of money from putting on great live shows and pumping out merch keeps them together.  The creativeness just declines with age and life priorities. Sucks, because truly great rock albums are rare in this age. 
    edited November 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    I also look forward to actual music being made and sold. I really wish they were more into actual music than they are into shirts and posters now. Wtf are these guys doing on the side these days?? If the newsletter is any indication, nothing. But I really doubt that's true (and I'm not just talking the period where they're working on a PJ album, so don't have time for side projects... we've barely seen anything about what they've been doing for ages, while Mike has his own record label going. I've noticed some of those things just being in the shop, buries where no one will see them, without any mention of any of it in the newsletter. It's kind of weird).
    Not that any of this is any news to us, but over 5 years and 1 ok song released doesn't sound like a band that's too focused on writing great music together.  It seems that they haven't been that into it for a while, but the lure of a lot of money from putting on great live shows and pumping out merch keeps them together.  The creativeness just declines with age and life priorities. Sucks, because truly great rock albums are rare in this age. 
    Yeah, I'm not even talking about PJ music though. I'm talking about what they're all doing outside of PJ .... that is where all their best work is going now. 10C does sell their side projects, so I don't know why we're not seeing more about it in the newsletters.
    I don't have any high hopes for good new PJ music anymore. Not after the last two albums. If they come up with anything as PJ that I really love at this point, I'll consider it a small miracle.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, I'm not even talking about PJ music though. I'm talking about what they're all doing outside of PJ .... that is where all their best work is going now. 10C does sell their side projects, so I don't know why we're not seeing more about it in the newsletters.
    I don't have any high hopes for good new PJ music anymore. Not after the last two albums. If they come up with anything as PJ that I really love at this point, I'll consider it a small miracle.
    Agreed, the singles and such from Mike's label just show up in the shop and we never hear anything about them.  I only really see them because Demetrios makes a thread.  Guess if it's not actually news about PJ, it's rarely communicated.
    These dudes are in their 50s and have young kids, they've earned not focusing on music and just doing their own shit. I think its just the way it is and we have just accept it. Short tours, big shows albums once a decade.

• Works for me, there's other music out there in the meantime.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    exactly. A lot of great stuff. Maybe not if you like just plain rock music.

• GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    Works for me, there's other music out there in the meantime.
    Yes. Thank you. Completely agree.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    edited November 2018
    Contest winner.

Reminder boots are available.

Some new shirt or merch stuff. 

Eddie playing a few gigs.

Tester wins.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Contest winner.

Reminder boots are available.

Some new shirt or merch stuff. 

Eddie playing a few gigs.

Tester wins.
    ^^^This guy is correct
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Pretty sure no album news.  The band is more than likely hooked on Red Dead Redemption 2.   Our only chance of studio time is if Stone finishes the campaign before everyone else but you know he’s going to drag it out by feeding buffalo and stuff like that. 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,874
    Im guessing....
    - Upcoming black friday sale teaser
    - Possible update on Missoula vault shipping out
    - Tester winning 
    - Reminder about Ed's gig at Global Citizens
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Add Green River / 10club vinyl exclusive releases to the newsletter. :)

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    demetrios said:

Do you think they'd be linking to sub pop if they were selling it themselves? Asking because I just ordered the Loser editions. :D
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    bazzer said:
    demetrios said:

Do you think they'd be linking to sub pop if they were selling it themselves? Asking because I just ordered the Loser editions. :D
    Yep, they have already started taking pre orders. https://pearljam.com/ten-club/home