The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited October 2018
    This team is a fucking embarrassment. Punked by Boston tonight, especially at the end. 
    I see no improvement. The softest Flyer team I've ever seen. One of four teams without a fight this year.
    Time to start questioning the coach and GM. Beyond drafting I'm not impressed with Hextall at all.
    The only good thing they have going for them is a fucking mascot and I don't think that's a coincidence.
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Punked again on home ice to the Isles. No emotion, no push back.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    This team is a fucking embarrassment. Punked by Boston tonight, especially at the end. 
    I see no improvement. The softest Flyer team I've ever seen. One of four teams without a fight this year.
    Time to start questioning the coach and GM. Beyond drafting I'm not impressed with Hextall at all.
    The only good thing they have going for them is a fucking mascot and I don't think that's a coincidence.
    they don't need to fight. it's not the 70s. they need to fucking score.  and their goaltending is still a joke.  It's time for a change with the veterans.  Giroux, Simmons or Voracek have to be moved. they haven't won a playoff series in what 7 year with those guys as their core? 
    pjhawks said:
    they don't need to fight. it's not the 70s. they need to fucking score.  and their goaltending is still a joke.  It's time for a change with the veterans.  Giroux, Simmons or Voracek have to be moved. they haven't won a playoff series in what 7 year with those guys as their core? 
    You're missing the point. They are an incredibly soft team with no emotion, push back or toughness. Fights are absolutely necessary from time to time. Especially when you're continuously getting thrashed on the scoreboard and physically in games. Their opponents havent a worry in the world. They get behind and just fold over.
    I think Simmonds will be moved. He should be. The coach is officially n the clock and now eyes are looking at Hextall too. The scene today was ugly. Fans are not happy seeing regression with this team.
    pjhawks said:
    You're missing the point. They are an incredibly soft team with no emotion, push back or toughness. Fights are absolutely necessary from time to time. Especially when you're continuously getting thrashed on the scoreboard and physically in games. Their opponents havent a worry in the world. They get behind and just fold over.
    I think Simmonds will be moved. He should be. The coach is officially n the clock and now eyes are looking at Hextall too. The scene today was ugly. Fans are not happy seeing regression with this team.
    no they are not
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    no they are not
    If you don't believe that I don't know what to tell you. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    This is the best thing ever and has convinced me to post here. I said it's a Muppet on meth, but I concur with this sentiment:

:lol:

I just noticed this tonight.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    no they are not
    can't believe they won last night without fighting :)
    edited November 2018
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    no they are not
    woah 2 wins in a row without a fight. how is that possible? :)
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    That hurt watching Kings get shelled by road Flyers.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    This team is a yo-yo
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    while I agree that its time to question the coach (Hello Quinville?) I don't believe that its right to question Hextall.  other then a couple of trades I would say his drafting and player signing has been very good. 
    pjhawks said:
    While I agree that the flyers goaltending is a joke, they also have 2 very high prospects coming up and I expect atleast Carter Hart to be up with the team next year.  I personally don't understand why people think a guy who was an MVP candidate last year has to be moved.  The flyers do have alot of pieces that are very young (if I remember correctly, they were the youngest team last year) 
    second place now in a "weak" metropolitan division.  Looked pretty dominate against Chicago yesterday.  Keep it boys!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Was a good game to be at
      Chicago sucks.
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    no they are not
    6 games in a row with points. still no fights.  guess not as necessary as some still believe.
    just to mention for the people who want Giroux traded.  has 8 points and is a +8 in the last 3 games.
    handled the rangers, then get clobbered by the Maple Leafs.  Only good thing about the Flyers this year is Gritty :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    handled the rangers, then get clobbered by the Maple Leafs.  Only good thing about the Flyers this year is Gritty :lol:
    that's what average teams do. just not enough skill and speed to handle the top teams.  the Leafs made them look silly
    wow Hexy gone.  Didn't see that happening.  
    Wow, think this is a mistake....however, there could be many discussions going on behind the scenes beyond the record of the team and things people outside can see.  (Most notably, discussions on trades/direction/etc...)
    This is a plum job, gotta believe they would be of interest to whomever their top candidates are.
    Wow, think this is a mistake....however, there could be many discussions going on behind the scenes beyond the record of the team and things people outside can see.  (Most notably, discussions on trades/direction/etc...)
    This is a plum job, gotta believe they would be of interest to whomever their top candidates are.
    I imagine they don't like the patient approach Hexy has been taking.  Not a patient franchise. It's kind of baffling Holmgren keeps his job though with the organization.  he was not a good GM and his moves are still somewhat hamstringing the franchise.

so Carter Hart up before Christmas?
    Holmgren and Clarke need to go as well.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    pjhawks said:
    I imagine they don't like the patient approach Hexy has been taking.  Not a patient franchise. It's kind of baffling Holmgren keeps his job though with the organization.  he was not a good GM and his moves are still somewhat hamstringing the franchise.

so Carter Hart up before Christmas?
    from someone outside, I agree with this. IMO, dropping Hexwall and retaining Holmgren and Clarke might set the organization back.

Dont know.  I would say, maybe Hextall refused to fire Hakstol... but in that case, Hakstol would be gone too.  
    While I am surprised about this I can see why they did it.  imo, the coach also has to be gone.  the team doesn't have a system and thats on the coach.  hextall biggest issue was not getting a short term goalie until Hart is ready.  I do like the picks that Hextall picked.
    Haha, my enthusiasm for this boring team has jumped 3 fold, although I was content to just see Hakstol fired. Hextall screwed this team by not addressing a lot of things over the summer, mainly a stable goalie, a 3 Center and getting help for/changing up the dreadful PK.
     I would imagine the new GM will not be keeping him as the coach. I can only hope.
    Now they need a couple of roster moves to shake things up there too.

there is a article on ESPN where Hart says he doesnt want to be "seasoned".
    http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/25376856/nhl-philadelphia-flyers-goalie-prospect-carter-hart-pushing-promotion-playing
    Haha, my enthusiasm for this boring team has jumped 3 fold, although I was content to just see Hakstol fired. Hextall screwed this team by not addressing a lot of things over the summer, mainly a stable goalie, a 3 Center and getting help for/changing up the dreadful PK.
     I would imagine the new GM will not be keeping him as the coach. I can only hope.
    Now they need a couple of roster moves to shake things up there too.

there is a article on ESPN where Hart says he doesnt want to be "seasoned".
    http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/25376856/nhl-philadelphia-flyers-goalie-prospect-carter-hart-pushing-promotion-playing
    hey Delight, what roster moves do you what done?  to be honest, I don't think an issue is the 3rd line center.  the Pk is horrible but for me its also how they play the PK which is on the coach.  the biggest mistake is the goalie when you consider that Neuvirth was hurt in the preseason and has not been an NHL goalie for a long time.  he could have gone for a Halak who can be a reliable back up.  you don't want a long term signing as you have Hart coming up hopefully next year.  I don't know about bring him up this year.
    I dont see Hart being up here for 2-3 more years, honestly. He's had his struggles a lot so far in the AHL this year. I would not mind them at all signing a proven goalie for 2-3 years and let Hart marinate/ have Stolarz back him up.
    Absolutely, Laperriere needs to be let go along with Hak when the new GM takes over. He should have been fired 2 years ago. Worst PK in the league.
    I think Simmonds is gone. 
    I'd also like to see a reliable Vet D-man acquired to help these kids out. Both Ghost and Provorov have regressed this year, Provorov especially.
    I dont see J. Weal as a good 3rd line Center at all. Not a fan.
    Seems to me part of this firing was that Comcast also wanted Hextall to make some roster changes as well, and he basically wasnt willing to do much of anything, which included firing his coach too. So down he went.

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I admit i don't follow the Flyers like i use too, but when i hear names like Hextall, Homgren, Brown, Mcelhargy have positions in the Front Office/Souting i just laugh. When i did watch the Flyers those guys were IDIOTS when they played. How can they have major roles in the Front office? And, how the hell was that idiot Craig Berube ever a head coach? They were the type of players, except Hextall who was a good goalie but a lunatic, would make dumb plays and commit penalties at crucial times be smart in the front office?
    Wasn't Holmgren removed from his position for Hextall? Now he's firing Hextall. How does that make sense?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer