Boston Red Sox

Comments

• Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    What a glorious morning!

What did I miss?
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Congrats Sox fans. Happy for Pearce and JBJ (both alums of my alma mater).

JBJ is now one of about a dozen or so who have played in and won a College World Series and MLB World Series.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    yeahbuddy

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    that’s a hell of a team.

thank you so much for extending the d**ger drought.

congrats!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    You know what I love? I love that Craig Kimbrel didn’t get to close it out. He didn’t deserve that pleasure. Well played by Cora to reward Sale with that celebration, especially after he went apeshit in the dugout for game 4 and lit a fire under his teammates’ asses. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Wobbie said:
    that’s a hell of a team.

congrats!
    Even better, the Red Sox now have more WS titles (9) than the New York/San Francisco Giants franchise(8).
    Great day all around, eh Wob.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    that’s a hell of a team.

congrats!
    Even better, the Red Sox now have more WS titles (9) than the New York/San Francisco Giants franchise(8).
    Great day all around, eh Wob.
    :lol:
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    The duck boats are getting a workout and that teenager now will be at the parade with his sign. Only Sixteen years old upteen titles won, that kid has no idea how much or how many losing droughts that city of Boston has been through. Fans, old school fans like myself better enjoy this winning run while it’s happening it may never happen again in my life time.

Congratulations to this very good RedSox team. My streak continues as I’ve attended a RS spring training game they’ve won a World Series.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Congrats
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Haha the Yankees have so much real estate in your head the fans are chanting Yankees suck after you won the World Series. free rent 

it actually makes me smile. 
    There’s truth to that chant.
    For some reason I subjected myself to Bill Simmons this morning.  He was with me on this...why were Red Sox fans even thinking about the Yankees 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    edited October 2018
    Beat LA chant > Yankees Suck chant
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Haha the Yankees have so much real estate in your head the fans are chanting Yankees suck after you won the World Series. free rent 

For some reason I subjected myself to Bill Simmons this morning.  He was with me on this...why were Red Sox fans even thinking about the Yankees 
    The Red Sox winning these World Series is sweet. However, its ALWAYS sweeter when those championships comes through beating the Yankees otherwise known as
    THE EVIL EMPIRE I.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    I thought it was very cool how post winning game every player interviewed basically talked about how they play and think as a team instead of self-congratulating/ boasting.  Great team, well done.  Congratulations Red Sox!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    brianlux said:
    I thought it was very cool how post winning game every player interviewed basically talked about how they play and think as a team instead of self-congratulating/ boasting.  Great team, well done.  Congratulations Red Sox!
    That is the sign of a good manager, a trusted manager. Alex Cora might have the easiest job in baseball with all the talent that's on that team, but if you can't win the clubhouse over, get your players to believe in your philosophy, to trust your decisions, and all work together toward a common goal, then you won't be a champion. Plain and simple.
    While I was rooting for the Dodgers I really didn't care either way.  I was simply rooting for them because I wanted to see someone different win it (but not Milwaukee, so thank you Dodgers for that at least).  But I have no dislike towards the Red Sox whatsoever.  They were just an incredible team this year! Best record in baseball in the regular season, most wins in franchise history.  In the postseason convincingly beat the two next best records in baseball to win the pennant, and won the World Series with great certainty.  Congratulations, Boston!  And thank you Mookie for the free taco!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

maybe because some Yankee fans insisted on wanting to play the Sox? or at least 1 
    pjhawks said:

maybe because some Yankee fans insisted on wanting to play the Sox? or at least 1 
    How quickly Yankee fans forgot their "we want Boston" chant.
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

I wanted Boston then and I stand by it.  I thought the Yankees were getting hot at the right time and Boston didn't have the pitching.  Clearly no one was beating them.

But yeah, the Yankees Suck chant wasn't because of that, it was because that is what they say an average of 14 times a day period
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

I wanted Boston then and I stand by it.  I thought the Yankees were getting hot at the right time and Boston didn't have the pitching.  Clearly no one was beating them.

But yeah, the Yankees Suck chant wasn't because of that, it was because that is what they say an average of 14 times a day period
    You're just bitter cause you can't chant "1918" in the shower, at dinner, at church and during sex any more like the good old days.
    ;)
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

You're just bitter cause you can't chant "1918" in the shower, at dinner, at church and during sex any more like the good old days.
    ;)
    Touche.  Though everything was going just gravy for the Red Sox until the 18th year of the 20th century.  Let's hope we can start a new '18 chant for the same fate in the 21st century
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

;)
    Touche.  Though everything was going just gravy for the Red Sox until the 18th year of the 20th century.  Let's hope we can start a new '18 chant for the same fate in the 21st century
    Try this one..."twenty-O-nine"...has a nice musical ring to it for the next several decades. 
  • Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

And the playing of “New York, New York.” Losers.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

;)
    Try this one..."twenty-O-nine"...has a nice musical ring to it for the next several decades. 
    That doesn't have a very natural flow to it, plus it should be updated soon, that is...if the Steinbrenners open their wallets
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

;)
    That doesn't have a very natural flow to it, plus it should be updated soon, that is...if the Steinbrenners open their wallets
    Well the 300 Mil for 6 years of Manny Machado that Shallow Hal and Mr. Hankey are going to pay may not end that drought....but you guys will get to watch lots of opposing first basmeen carted off with ruptured Achilles tendons, so you'll have that going for you.
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:

And the playing of “New York, New York.” Losers.

Well, in Judge's defense, they needed to only win one game to advance past Oakland, he probably thought they only needed to win one game to advance each round.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    This will never get old seeing Machado cork-screwing himself into the ground striking out for the last out .

https://youtu.be/ZTnZO5H-kAY
  • What a glorious day.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    looks to me like you could lose every one of your FA’s and still be OK.

I would keep joe kelley, tho. your current GM seems > theo.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Another glorious morning.

Brilliantati©
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Looks like good weather for a parade tomorrow!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."