albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Definitely the best song on backspacer and a kick ass song live. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    edited October 2018
    One of the better songs on Backspacer but wildly overrated overall. For evidence of this, see claims that it is the best song ever.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Easily the best backspacer song live. Lightning Bolt, Unthought Known, and Given to Fly are all great and have that soaring chorus. I remember seeing the song played in 2012 and it was great to hear live,
  • Ok the best song ever is It’s a Good Life If You Don’t Weaken
    Great song and art is subjective of course, but I would argue that isn’t even the best song ever by the Hip. 
  • Ok the best song ever is It’s a Good Life If You Don’t Weaken
    Great song and art is subjective of course, but I would argue that isn’t even the best song ever by the Hip. 

And you would easily win that argument!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 532
    edited October 2018
    I am just kidding on both counts but I do love both songs.  There is no best song ever just good songs... Grace, Too.
    Post edited by Torontonian on
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Ok the best song ever is It’s a Good Life If You Don’t Weaken

Well thats a close second after Machine, which is a real box bending stunner.
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Machine is killer. Ocean Next live kicked my ass too.
  • The song takes on special meaning for me. My 8 year old son has autism, and while i already liked the song, the first time i heard it after he was diagnosed, i was immediately blown away by the last verse ("See the path....you'll be no one's rival"),  and how that's exactly how i felt about him and the whole situation. So anytime I hear it live now, i always get extra pumped and emotional. I wish i could thank Eddie for writing those words, because there's no song/verse I've ever heard that means as much to me in regards to my son as Unthought Known. 
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    The song takes on special meaning for me. My 8 year old son has autism, and while i already liked the song, the first time i heard it after he was diagnosed, i was immediately blown away by the last verse ("See the path....you'll be no one's rival"),  and how that's exactly how i felt about him and the whole situation. So anytime I hear it live now, i always get extra pumped and emotional. I wish i could thank Eddie for writing those words, because there's no song/verse I've ever heard that means as much to me in regards to my son as Unthought Known. 

I have a somewhat similar experience with this song. A couple years ago my dad passed away and for some reason I was in a backspacer phase at the time and this song constantly reminds me of that hard time in my life. Not in a negative light though, More in a spiritual sense.