'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I don’t know why they don’t spend a few extra dollars to use solid tubes. It saves them money in the long run, rather than incurring the cost to replace damaged prints. 
  • Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    It looks like someone on the plane from Australia karate chopped it!
    Are you going to email him?
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Redrumh2o said:
    It looks like someone on the plane from Australia karate chopped it!
    Are you going to email him?
    I did
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    That stinks. Hope he makes it right.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    bUCK you have had a lot of bad luck lately getting posters from the artists. I think your last 3 or so have come damaged???? That sucks!!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    BLACK35 said:
    bUCK you have had a lot of bad luck lately getting posters from the artists. I think your last 3 or so have come damaged???? That sucks!!!
    I think I am one of the first to receive the witch print.  It shipped from Australia in a thin tube to Michigan. I think this dude is going to have his hands full.......
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    edited October 2018
    BLACK35 said:
    I think I am one of the first to receive the witch print.  It shipped from Australia in a thin tube to Michigan. I think this dude is going to have his hands full.......
    And that's 400 posters in thin tubes. Ouch!!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    The amount of money it costs to have a thicker scheduled tube is so small why are these artists going the cheap route to save a couple of bucks? The headache of dealing with refunds and replacements makes it a no brainer on going with a thicker tube and yet here we are still talking about it.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Shit man now I’m nervous for mine to arrive.  He’s actually been pretty good with emails with me- maybe someone should tell him to ship thum foil prints in sturrrdy tubes.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Mine arrived Wednesday and was also damaged. Waiting for a reply from Ben brown to see what my options are. 
  • Mine arrived Wednesday and was also damaged. Waiting for a reply from Ben brown to see what my options are. 
    Ouch.. That´s pretty ugly, mate..
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Now if they all come damaged we won't need to get refunds as it will just be part of the 'signature'. 
  • Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    I had a feeling this would happen to at least a few coming from Australia.

Was Kraft paper used? Was it taped to make a smaller cylinder inside the tube, or was it against the edge?
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Redrumh2o said:
    I had a feeling this would happen to at least a few coming from Australia.

Was Kraft paper used? Was it taped to make a smaller cylinder inside the tube, or was it against the edge?
    None of that matters when a poster isn’t crush proof to a certain degree.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Has anyone emailed him and suggested using better tubes? That’s a shame. Hope he makes it right for you guys. 
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    bbiggs said:
    Has anyone emailed him and suggested using better tubes? That’s a shame. Hope he makes it right for you guys. 
    I just emailed him to ask him to package them in sturdier tubes, we’ll see if he replies.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    gonna be butthurt if that foil arrives damaged.  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    got my variant today...looks great, no shipping issues
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • gonna be butthurt if that foil arrives damaged.  
    Use ointment for the swelling...
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    My sister’s Brown AP arrived yesterday. Tube was fine but poster still has two small creases. One near the bottom edge & one in the “Pearl Jam” lettering. Neither are very noticeable but it looks like he wasn’t too careful rolling them. She did get #13/300 though, kinda cool. 
  • I received a damaged boston ap from brad klausen. I've emailed and sent a PM on facebook. I can see thath he has seen the PM, but still no response. How long do I wait before filing a dispute with my cc company?
    Ben Brown contacted me - hopefully we can get a resolution 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    My Mumford variant arrived with edge damage. Is it a waste of time reaching out to him? If memory serves me right he did nothing for others in the past. Also finally took my Madrid Klausen out and it is banged up as well. Still waiting on my Boston variant from him. If it was packed like the Madrid (looking at all the complaints on damaged Seattle and Boston ticket posters on Facebook it is) I am not expecting much better. I know he comes on these boards and gives us updates and is fairly transparent but this whole summer has been a mess for him imo. 
  • karl_chihirokarl_chihiro Posts: 430
    edited October 2018
    My Rome poster just  showed up here in Spain this morning and no charges at all!!! . I am so happy :):). Thank you Santos for a quick and easy delivery. Hope everybody get theirs safe and sound. This one goes straight to the frame shop and I get a cool reference and example how to do it in the frame poster thread. Cheers!
    Post edited by karl_chihiro on

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I received a damaged boston ap from brad klausen. I've emailed and sent a PM on facebook. I can see thath he has seen the PM, but still no response. How long do I wait before filing a dispute with my cc company?
    He is very busy.

I emailed him a few weeks ago due to a damaged seattle print and heard nothing, but i also mentioned im in no urgency and know he is swamped.

In a month or 2 im going to reach out again
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    My Rome poster just  showed up here in Spain this morning and no charges at all!!! . I am so happy :):). Thank you Santos for a quick and easy delivery. Hope everybody get theirs safe and sound. This one goes straight to the frame shop and I get a cool reference and example how to do it in the frame poster thread. Cheers!
    I’m in NY and still haven’t received mine. 
  • nicknyr15 said:
    I'm on Long Island and received it Thursday.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    nicknyr15 said:
    I'm on Long Island and received it Thursday.
    Yea I’m starting to get nervous. No update on tracking for a week. 
  • nicknyr15 said:
    So sorry to hear that. I expect there is some kind of misunderstanding there and everything will be ok.