Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    on2legs said:
    rummy said:
    I am the first to admit that I can be a bit...frugal but doesn't $35 for a t-shirt seem a bit steep? I suppose it doesn't help that I'm Canadian and also have to factor in exchange rates and higher shipping costs. 

Let me rephrase my earlier comment: I am the first to admit that I can be a bit frugal but doesn't $70 for a t-shirt seem a bit steep?
    Cheapskate!! =)

Wouldn't be the first time I've been called that! :-)
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    rummy said:
    I am the first to admit that I can be a bit...frugal but doesn't $35 for a t-shirt seem a bit steep? I suppose it doesn't help that I'm Canadian and also have to factor in exchange rates and higher shipping costs. 

Let me rephrase my earlier comment: I am the first to admit that I can be a bit frugal but doesn't $70 for a t-shirt seem a bit steep?
    For 35 bones there better be a setlist on the back!
  • Simple question- did everyone actually get the newsletter email today?  Today is the first time I can ever remember it hasn’t come through to my email at all yet.
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    I have to agree with some others on this one. It was a pretty weak “newsletter”. But oh well. What really kinda bugs me is $80 for a shirt.   I love that long sleeve button up but $80 fucking dollars?!?  Really?  Seems a little ridiculous. Guess I won’t be owning that shirt. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    It's pretty rough for Canadians.  Between the exchange rate, shipping charges, and increased scrutiny over charging tax when goods cross the border, it really adds up ordering from 10c :( 

I remember that short window a few years ago where Canadian shipping was cheap, the dollar was close to par, and anything under $100 could slide through the CBSA without being charged tax....  Ordered so much stuff from the 10c back then.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    I have to agree with some others on this one. It was a pretty weak “newsletter”. But oh well. What really kinda bugs me is $80 for a shirt.   I love that long sleeve button up but $80 fucking dollars?!?  Really?  Seems a little ridiculous. Guess I won’t be owning that shirt. 
    Same here. The button up shirt is really nice, but way too expensive.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Pap said:
    Contest: Win a 2018 Halloween t-shirt (open for all).

WIN THIS YEAR’S HALLOWEEN SHIRT

Enter now to win this year’s Halloween shirt in the limited orange variant.

Deadline to enter is November 1, 2018

Nice! =) 

My wish came true! :smiley: If I win this contest, I won't miss out on my annual birthday gift (I couldn't afford to buy it this year). :prayer:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Anyone who’s won a contest in the past, how were you notified? Did they email you?
    Yes, they're going to notify you by email.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Why is this thread being bumped on the 17th?!
    I freaked out and checked the calendar for a second, thinking I've missed 3 week's worth of bills.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    I thought it was a pretty cool newsletter 😁
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

I thought it was a pretty cool newsletter 😁
    :o:o:o

Congrats dude!!! B)
  • big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,530
    anyone receive new button down shirt?  wondering about shirt quality and fit.

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

anyone receive new button down shirt?  wondering about shirt quality and fit.
    Will find out soon. Latest update from UPS say's it's already in Canada. :)
    Canada Package cleared by foreign customs office.

• evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    Black Friday bootlegs prices through the end of the month.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
    edited November 2018
    :prayer: Digital bootlegs in particular.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Don't hold your breath good people.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Lost Doggies and L2L reissues...
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    1995 Pacific tour bootleg box set. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

Hoping those Black Friday prices will also be on CD & CD Box Sets, not just digital downloads.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Be nice if they put the 2018 bootleg box set up for pre-order
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Another pointless monthly merch advertisement devoid of info about what the band is up to. Just like October's.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    RS151862 said:
    1995 Pacific tour bootleg box set. 
    That'd be too good to be true!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    jeffbr said:
    Another pointless monthly merch advertisement devoid of info about what the band is up to. Just like October's.
    Spot on.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I mean, we know they are working on making a new record, what more do we need to know? 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    The posts of some people here make me think they are being forced to be a ten club member and they’re really unhappy about it. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    on2legs said:
    The posts of some people here make me think they are being forced to be a ten club member and they’re really unhappy about it. 
     HA !!! 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I just feel like we've been at this long enough that we should kinda have an idea what to expect. Most of a year in the life of PJ is downtime. This is usually the downtime part of the year.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    I just feel like we've been at this long enough that we should kinda have an idea what to expect. Most of a year in the life of PJ is downtime. This is usually the downtime part of the year.
    This.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    Of course you do. Your MO is always to be 100% cheerleading for the 10c. But his is a thread about our expectations for the newsletter. My expectation is that it will be devoid of useful information. It if ends up having useful information, I'll be happy. If not, that's the way the 10c is these days. I'm not being forced to be a member, but that doesn't mean I jump in line and goose-step along like a good soldier at all times. I can complain if I'd like to. I can joke if I'd like to. I can express my opinion if I'd like to. Simple! Not everything is quite as binary as you seem to make it out to be. Lighten up, Francis.
    Exactly! I've been around for a long time. I do have an idea of what to expect - a newsletter devoid of info about the band, and mostly an advertisement for merch. What could they add? Well even in a downtime or quiet period, it has been some time since we've really heard about what is going on with the new album. Are they writing? Are they working on songs together? Have they recorded anything other than Can't Deny Me? What are the various band members up to? Pet projects? Guest appearances on other artists' records? Solo shows coming up? What causes have band members been active or involved with lately? Some of that would be interesting to include. And why not take queues from the Let Your Voice Be Heard sticky thread and respond to things that people are interested in. I know that thread isn't used a lot, because most know that they aren't actually being heard, but it would be good optics. For instance: Lots of people wanted to know when the cutoff date for the Vault 8 Pre-Order would be. That's something I'd expect to see in a newsletter. So that's all that was meant. There are plenty of things they could include in a newsletter that would be more like "news". But what we generally get these days is advertisements for merch.