New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    that might have been the worst Giants game I have ever seen.  no heart, I am a big fan of Eli but he is done.  the play calling was so fucking bad.  OBJ should be running the slant more esp when he is being double teams all game long.  picking Barkley was a great move and was the only one who showed up yesterday.  the defense played well but look beaten down. 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Question is: Do we draft a lineman or QB with our top 3 pick next draft?
    I haven't been paying much attention to the top QB's coming out but I may have to now.
  • A lot of Manning apologists in here. He was dreadful... aaaaagain. He has to go.

There are so many poor things to point out about this team it's not even worth doing- one of them being vanilla play calling and coaching.

Saquon looked amazing. It's ironic they kept comparing him to Sanders- at this point... his career might compare too (exceptional individual on a brutal team).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Giving that contract to CrazyHead Beckham is going to go down as a really big mistake.
    I do not hate the Giants...my brother is a huge fan and, as a 49ers fan, we have played some great battles for NFC supremacy with the Giants over the years.  Respect the Blue.
    I dislike CrazyHead more than any other NFL player who is NOT a beater at this point in time.  Really, with the display of craziness I think it only a matter of time before CrazyHead joins the ranks of woman-beaters that the NFL rewards.  Cannot root for a team that rewarded this guy with the biggest contact in WR history.  Makes me want to barf.

Love Barkley, though, he is awesome. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    edited October 2018
    eddiec said:
    Question is: Do we draft a lineman or QB with our top 3 pick next draft?
    I haven't been paying much attention to the top QB's coming out but I may have to now.
    There are 3 legit tackles, like usual in upcoming draft

Herbert from Oregon should be toP QB off board

hes 6-6.... Oregon system doesn’t translate well to NFL, but who knows
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    igotid88 said:
    We're probably celebrating if both of those floaters by Wentz gets picked off
    Yeah. The game was that close. 
    at the time it was
    I miss igotid88
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited October 2018
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    at the time it was
    Not enough time had elapsed yet. Every game is tied to start.

This was a thundering. One team wasn't even in the same hemisphere as the other. In fact, if the Giants hadn't had Saquon... they'd have looked like a high school team.

* Not an Eagles fan by any stretch.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited October 2018
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    at the time it was

This was a thundering. One team wasn't even in the same hemisphere as the other. In fact, if the Giants hadn't had Saquon... they'd have looked like a high school team.

The Eagles could've won that game by 30 if they were firing on all cylinders.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    at the time it was

Giants too
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    at the time it was

Giants too
      A 4 cylinder engine firing on all cylinders is a bit different than a V8 firing on all cylinders.
    edited October 2018
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    at the time it was

Giants too
    ha.
    ha.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    You're telling me if the offensive line made their blocks, defense got off the field on 3rd down, and special teams made their plays
     The Giants wouldn't at least made it a game?
    I miss igotid88
    Flowers signed with Jacksonville
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    igotid88 said:
    You're telling me if the offensive line made their blocks, defense got off the field on 3rd down, and special teams made their plays
    If the giants did all this, they’d have different players 
    igotid88 said:
    we weren't blown out in every game though. Like I said just one bad play or bad call and we win those games. Yes we made more than one mistake in those games. Especially on special teams. But Eli and the defense played well enough to win. Defense held Brees to 0 touchdown passes.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    we weren't blown out in every game though. Like I said just one bad play or bad call and we win those games. Yes we made more than one mistake in those games. Especially on special teams. But Eli and the defense played well enough to win. Defense held Brees to 0 touchdown passes.
    Were you watching a different game? Eli was trash on Thursday. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Were you watching a different game? Eli was trash on Thursday. 
    I was talking about the previous 4 losses
    I miss igotid88
    Saquon is at penn state today rocking a trace jersey. Fucking love the dude, if you didn’t know 
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    After the past 3-4 seasons with no protection from the O-line - Eli is seeing ghosts. He is a great quarterback. He has not been protected for years. It's not just the sacks, it's the constant knockdowns. He's playing as if he has PTSD - no joke. He is not comfortable in the pocket and he is not one who moves out of the pocket much and he sees lineman coming at him if they are or they aren't. It is affecting how he plays, why he's throwing the ball to no one, throwing the ball to the other team, dumping the ball. He has been mentally affected by so many knockdowns and no trust in protection. 

I love Eli. I don't give a shit about Eli haters. I know that my QB is not playing like he can. He may not be able to mentally play the game because he is seeing ghosts and he's dumping the ball. And I put that on the management for poor O-line coverage since the Coughlin years. Coughlin wanted to be able to have control over hires - they wouldn't give it to him, they had a losing record, he got fired and the Giants have sucked since then and their QB has fucking PTSD. 

It is a fucking shame that a Hall of Fame QB (screw you haters) is ruining his record in his final years due to being completely spooked by lack of protection. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Giants need to pick up Kaep.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Saquon is at penn state today rocking a trace jersey. Fucking love the dude, if you didn’t know 
    How’d that work out? :confounded:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    How’d that work out? :confounded:
    Not how you want
  • njnancy said:
    After the past 3-4 seasons with no protection from the O-line - Eli is seeing ghosts. He is a great quarterback. He has not been protected for years. It's not just the sacks, it's the constant knockdowns. He's playing as if he has PTSD - no joke. He is not comfortable in the pocket and he is not one who moves out of the pocket much and he sees lineman coming at him if they are or they aren't. It is affecting how he plays, why he's throwing the ball to no one, throwing the ball to the other team, dumping the ball. He has been mentally affected by so many knockdowns and no trust in protection. 

I love Eli. I don't give a shit about Eli haters. I know that my QB is not playing like he can. He may not be able to mentally play the game because he is seeing ghosts and he's dumping the ball. And I put that on the management for poor O-line coverage since the Coughlin years. Coughlin wanted to be able to have control over hires - they wouldn't give it to him, they had a losing record, he got fired and the Giants have sucked since then and their QB has fucking PTSD. 

It is a fucking shame that a Hall of Fame QB (screw you haters) is ruining his record in his final years due to being completely spooked by lack of protection. 

I'm not a hater. There's some truth to this post of yours.
    edited October 2018
    njnancy said:

Thank you.  i don't think you are a hater, but some people love to hate on Eli and I get protective. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    njnancy said:

Are you a giants fan?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:

Are you a giants fan?
    Yes, I am.  :D 
    Solder getting beat by a rookie
    I miss igotid88
    I don't know how many more sacks that Eli can take and still perform. 
    Jenkins is trash