*** Chicago, IL, Fanviews Here 8/20/18 ***

1234568»

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    Ok so I was fortunate to go to a good number of shows this year.  Seattle 2 was the best overall but no 15-20 minute segment anywhere came close to the Immortality/ Daughter (It's Ok)/ Unthought Known/ Jeremy segment of Chicago 2.  I still can't believe that happened.
    You are right, those four in a row were tremendous !!!! The more i reflect the more I like this show. 
    I must agree. If there were a different original setlist, we likely will never know. But they definitely brought "it". Leash (and ELG) were the only 2 new ones for me to see, but I was thrilled to finally get Leash. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited September 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    Ok so I was fortunate to go to a good number of shows this year.  Seattle 2 was the best overall but no 15-20 minute segment anywhere came close to the Immortality/ Daughter (It's Ok)/ Unthought Known/ Jeremy segment of Chicago 2.  I still can't believe that happened.
    You are right, those four in a row were tremendous !!!! The more i reflect the more I like this show. 
    I must agree. If there were a different original setlist, we likely will never know. But they definitely brought "it". Leash (and ELG) were the only 2 new ones for me to see, but I was thrilled to finally get Leash. 
    My new ones were: evil little goat, we re gonna be friends, throw your hatred down, and rain.  Also the first time I had seen patriots since the 03 tour.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234
    Aside from it being a fabulous show, one thing that surprised me was how many Tragically Hip fans are PJ fans. During the rain delay my wife and I went for a walk and hung out in the upper deck to watch the thunderstorm and was totally surprised by the amount of people who commented on my Tragically Hip shirt. Got me thinking of how cool it would have been to have the Hip and PJ tour together before Gord passed away,  that would have been fantastic. 
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    jhager79 said:
    Aside from it being a fabulous show, one thing that surprised me was how many Tragically Hip fans are PJ fans. During the rain delay my wife and I went for a walk and hung out in the upper deck to watch the thunderstorm and was totally surprised by the amount of people who commented on my Tragically Hip shirt. Got me thinking of how cool it would have been to have the Hip and PJ tour together before Gord passed away,  that would have been fantastic. 
    I saw som tragically hip shirts walking the missoula show as well
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Damn does this bootleg sound great. The start of this show sounds just as amazing as it did that night. Can totally feel the same energy 
    Damn does this bootleg sound great. The start of this show sounds just as amazing as it did that night. Can totally feel the same energy 
    After reading this I ordered the boot!  
    ^^^ I ordered that boot right away.

You'll be happy to know that I may have had a change of heart on GTF. Always kind of bored/a noted with it for whatever reason. Heard it on Sirius 22 a few days ago and got goosebumps as the memories came flooding back.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    It is here:

Awesome! Hope you enjoyed it.

I was hoping to get mine today so I could really re-live it by listening to it outside in a thunderstorm. 
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 961
    Dang I wish mine would show up
    Due to arrive tomorrow. Ordered a few hours after they were on sale. 

17 days is a bit much. Not very acceptable by 2018 shipping standards. 

Odd that I got mine last Saturday and I am in New Jersey.  Bootleg is awesome.
    mcgruff10 said:d

Odd that I got mine last Saturday and I am in New Jersey.  Bootleg is awesome.
    Definitely looking forward to listening to it. I'd be listening to it now, but, it still didn't arrive today. I'm a really patient, but this is quite annoying. 

I hope 10C is monitoring this and ready to put some accountability on Nugs. Or, better yet, maybe I am the only one waiting this long, and it's an anomaly.
    Received them yesterday
  • BH2538BH2538 Posts: 2
    Does anybody remember how the seats were numbered for the field? I picked up the printed version of my tickets and want to give my buddy his but for the life of me don't recall if they went left to right or what...
  • nicolenicole Posts: 59
    FINALLY received my bootlegs in Canada.... Listening to the show really brings back the magic of that night and gives me goosebumps... what a rocking show we got after that epic storm... the crowd was so into it and Mike was on fire that night! The Black and Immortality solos have got to be the best ones I have ever heard!! Goosebumps... 
    Comeback was so damn good at this show. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    3 years from today. My last show.   Crazy but fun night. Can't wait for Sea Hear Now.