PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    Yeah, for a SCOTUS nominee.

no, one accusation is enough for a SCOTUS nominee apparrently. multiple are good for a conviction of anyone. I just thought it was interesting since this post from 2014 doesn't seem to line up at all with current opinions. 
    Lol. Jesus, I can't believe you actually spent your time doing this HFD. I'm really not sure what your motivation is here, but I know it's not just because you find it "interesting".
    Yes, it all lines up. As dankind pointed out, and as I pointed out myself several times in the AMT, the fact that it's a SCOTUS nominee during confirmation hearings is EXTREMELY relevant.
    Also, my perspective about media coverage of Cosby 4 years ago isn't relevant now in any case, whether you compare it to the totally different situation with Kavanaugh or not. Has it occurred to you that my evolving perspective, as shown in this thread and others, has been influenced by the Cosby case and how accusations are handled and perceived? I guess not.
    spent time looking back at the original post and then noticing your post a few below that, that completely contradicts your current opinion on the matter? it was about 2 seconds. 

as I pointed out to dankind, the take of many is this:

-one accusation is good enough to disqualify a SCOTUS nominee, so that's not what I was referencing here
    -multiple accusations make them all credible, no matter who the accused is (but back in 2014, to you, not cosby)

yes, I did find it interesting. why? because it's a complete 180. and in the context of a discussion about sexual assault/rape, that's pretty significant. 

but by all means, assume I have some ulterior motive. ok.  
    I think your ulterior motive was to basically just try and stick it to me, lol.
    And no, it's not a complete 180. Once I knew there were multiple accusers and had the details I was fully convinced. What you quoted above was me explaining why there was no traction in the media, not me stating that I didn't believe multiple accusers. I think I did say something early on about being suspicious but reserving my ultimate decision until I knew more, and that was short-lived, because I did learn more and made a decision.
    just checking to see if you still find a cartoon of Cosby assaulting a woman on the street funny?

cute...but no.  I'm curious if her perspective has changed on the GIF as well.
    Why would it have? I think you showed that you don't get my humour after he was found guilty.
    Know what's also funny? That you're asking about this. :lol:
    having only seen that post right now (can't see images at work, so I went on my phone to look), I'm quite surprised you find that appropriate, never mind humourous. I mean, the only way that gif makes sense is in the context of him being a convicted rapist. 

I never expect comedy to be appropriate. I'm a person who thinks that literally nothing is off limits when it comes to comedy. I couldn't care less if someone finds a joke inappropriate.... Actually, I think people finding a joke inappropriate and complaining about it and being oh so serious about it makes the joke even funnier! So keep it up folks! :lol:

trash. 
    You're calling me trash?!
    not you. that post. 

you obviously don't give a shit about the implications of humour like that, and the effect it can and will have on some of those that view it.
    I think those who allow comedy to impose such implications are the ones creating the problem, so I do give a shit in the sense that I think it's harmful to society to allow those who give comedy that kind of power a legitimate voice. I think the negative reactions to that gif are ridiculous and stupid ... and such reactions only serve to strengthen my own viewpoint on this issue.
    NOTHING is off limits in comedy. No exceptions.
    I'm not going to list all the things that I think might give you pause on your "no exceptions" policy, but I'll just say that there's room for decency in the world, and a sexual assault victim's negative reaction to a sexual assault gif is not "ridiculous and stupid". 
    There is no way anything will give me pause on my opinion that nothing is off limits in comedy.
    Again, I couldn't care less if a joke gif offends someone. I will never, ever care.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

no, one accusation is enough for a SCOTUS nominee apparrently. multiple are good for a conviction of anyone. I just thought it was interesting since this post from 2014 doesn't seem to line up at all with current opinions. 
    Lol. Jesus, I can't believe you actually spent your time doing this HFD. I'm really not sure what your motivation is here, but I know it's not just because you find it "interesting".
    Yes, it all lines up. As dankind pointed out, and as I pointed out myself several times in the AMT, the fact that it's a SCOTUS nominee during confirmation hearings is EXTREMELY relevant.
    Also, my perspective about media coverage of Cosby 4 years ago isn't relevant now in any case, whether you compare it to the totally different situation with Kavanaugh or not. Has it occurred to you that my evolving perspective, as shown in this thread and others, has been influenced by the Cosby case and how accusations are handled and perceived? I guess not.
    spent time looking back at the original post and then noticing your post a few below that, that completely contradicts your current opinion on the matter? it was about 2 seconds. 

-one accusation is good enough to disqualify a SCOTUS nominee, so that's not what I was referencing here
    -multiple accusations make them all credible, no matter who the accused is (but back in 2014, to you, not cosby)

yes, I did find it interesting. why? because it's a complete 180. and in the context of a discussion about sexual assault/rape, that's pretty significant. 

And no, it's not a complete 180. Once I knew there were multiple accusers and had the details I was fully convinced. What you quoted above was me explaining why there was no traction in the media, not me stating that I didn't believe multiple accusers. I think I did say something early on about being suspicious but reserving my ultimate decision until I knew more, and that was short-lived, because I did learn more and made a decision.
    just checking to see if you still find a cartoon of Cosby assaulting a woman on the street funny?

Why would it have? I think you showed that you don't get my humour after he was found guilty.
    having only seen that post right now (can't see images at work, so I went on my phone to look), I'm quite surprised you find that appropriate, never mind humourous. I mean, the only way that gif makes sense is in the context of him being a convicted rapist. 

I never expect comedy to be appropriate. I'm a person who thinks that literally nothing is off limits when it comes to comedy. I couldn't care less if someone finds a joke inappropriate.... Actually, I think people finding a joke inappropriate and complaining about it and being oh so serious about it makes the joke even funnier! So keep it up folks! :lol:

trash. 
    not you. that post. 

you obviously don't give a shit about the implications of humour like that, and the effect it can and will have on some of those that view it.
    I think those who allow comedy to impose such implications are the ones creating the problem, so I do give a shit in the sense that I think it's harmful to society to allow those who give comedy that kind of power a legitimate voice. I think the negative reactions to that gif are ridiculous and stupid ... and such reactions only serve to strengthen my own viewpoint on this issue.
    Even a picture of a possible Supreme Court Justice putting a flag made of women's panties up?  I imagine those guys thought that was funny so i guess in your mind that is ok?  Kind of a different attitude than what you are portraying in the Kavanaugh thread. and yes I know the Kavanaugh case goes deeper than just a picture but i'm fascinated by the difference you are portraying in the two separate threads.

how about Al Franken pretending to grab the woman's tits on the airplane as she slept? him and the others on the plane thought it was funny? ok with that too?
    What I said nothing, I meant nothing. This has literally NOTHING to do with my views about actual sexual assault.
    Also, people simply finding something funny doesn't = comedy. Some men might stand around watching a woman get raped and laugh, or laugh over a hate crime. That's doesn't mean the acts are comedy. And Al Franken groping a sleeping woman without her consent falls under that category. That's a sex crime, not comedy. Crimes that people happen to find funny aren't comedy, and I'm sure you know that.
    i don't believe Franken actually touched her in the picture.  so not a crime just poor taste...or comedy according to your standards. 
    Here is a quote from Tweeden: "He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep."
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Imagine if pjhawks scrolled through Anthony jeselnik’s twitter feed?!?!?
    Hell, I think he'd need a fainting couch just to watch Family Guy.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited September 2018
    i imagine a world where men and pj_soul don't find sexual assault funny. maybe if people didn't make jokes and laugh and those things and treated women with more respect that type of behavior might happen less often?  just maybe?  possible?  do you think douche bags like Brett Kavanaugh get empowered by their buddies laughing while he assaults someone? i do.  
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    edited September 2018
    pjhawks said:
    i imagine a world where men and pj_soul don't find sexual assault funny. maybe if people didn't make jokes and laugh and those things and treated women with more respect that type of behavior might happen less often?  just maybe?  possible?  do you think douche bags like Brett Kavanaugh get empowered by their buddies laughing while he assaults someone? i do.  
    I don't find sexual assault funny.

I'm starting to realize just how far over your head that gif went, lol. You don't even seem to have grasped that it is an insult to Cosby. It condemns him. It doesn't glorify his crime.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    Lol. I love him.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited September 2018
    This thread reminds of that time HFD and PJ_Soul were arguing with each other while on the way to a PJ show: :lol:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited September 2018
    Hey now... I always listen to HFD. I just don't always agree with him. :) Same thing with pjhawks here, although it's safe to say that I agree with him far less often than I do HFD! :lol:

(and yes Brian, I get the joke, haha!)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hey now... I always listen to HFD. I just don't always agree with him. :) Same thing with pjhawks here, although it's safe to say that I agree with him far less often than I do HFD! :lol:
    you must enjoy being wrong a lot then :)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    PJ_Soul said:

(and yes Brian, I get the joke, haha!)
    LOL.  And we all knew HFD was a bit of a head banger but, dang!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    not a gif but more appropriate imo....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

trash. 
    not you. that post. 

I'm not going to list all the things that I think might give you pause on your "no exceptions" policy, but I'll just say that there's room for decency in the world, and a sexual assault victim's negative reaction to a sexual assault gif is not "ridiculous and stupid". 
    There is no way anything will give me pause on my opinion that nothing is off limits in comedy.
    Again, I couldn't care less if a joke gif offends someone. I will never, ever care.
    yes, we get it. you don't care. no one gives a shit if you care. i'm not sure why you keep focusing on that. seems a bit narcissistic. my opinion on the fact you don't care is that it's disgusting. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:

I'm starting to realize just how far over your head that gif went, lol. You don't even seem to have grasped that it is an insult to Cosby. It condemns him. It doesn't glorify his crime.
    people interpret things differently. that's the nature of being individuals. just because he and I interpret it differently than you doesn't mean it went over our head. it's interesting how you can't grasp that no one person, not you, not I, not anyone, gets to set the bar on what is appropriate and what isn't.  
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

trash. 
    not you. that post. 

yes, we get it. you don't care. no one gives a shit if you care. i'm not sure why you keep focusing on that. seems a bit narcissistic. my opinion on the fact you don't care is that it's disgusting. 
    she'll never ever care until its something that hits close to home
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited September 2018
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

trash. 
    not you. that post. 

No, I won't care then either. Do you really think no joke has ever hit close to home for me? That has no impact on my opinion that nothing is off limits in comedy. If a joke upsets me, that changes absolutely nothing.
    FWIW, I have been a victim of sexual assault.
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:

people interpret things differently. that's the nature of being individuals. just because he and I interpret it differently than you doesn't mean it went over our head. it's interesting how you can't grasp that no one person, not you, not I, not anyone, gets to set the bar on what is appropriate and what isn't.  
    Lol. I'm not setting the bar on what people find appropriate or not. You or anyone can find whatever joke inappropriate, I never said otherwise. It's simply irrelevant that you or whoever does.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

trash. 
    not you. that post. 

And I think you're being ridiculous. So I guess we're even?
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

trash. 
    not you. that post. 

No, I won't care then either. Do you really think no joke has ever hit close to home for me? That has no impact on my opinion that nothing is off limits in comedy. If a joke upsets me, that changes absolutely nothing.
    but you will deny saying this in another thread (insert eye roll here) 
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

trash. 
    not you. that post. 

but you will deny saying this in another thread (insert eye roll here) 
    No I didn't. Huh?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

trash. 
    not you. that post. 

Ummmm, it's y'all that won't let it go.  She's just defending herself.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/12/us/bill-cosby-prison/index.html

Cosby thinks prison is an "amazing experience". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

WHEN LIFE HANDS YOU LEMONS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Well golly, ain't this just so funny

"And he hasn't drank any coffee since he's been in there. Now the funny part about it (is) Mrs. Cosby's been trying to stop him from drinking coffee for 55 years and it took this to stop him from drinking coffee," Wyatt said. 

"And he hasn't drank any coffee since he's been in there. Now the funny part about it (is) Mrs. Cosby's been trying to stop him from drinking coffee for 55 years and it took this to stop him from drinking coffee," Wyatt said. 
    yeah, so "funny". that made me cringe too. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

yeah, so "funny". that made me cringe too. 
    Classic Cosby!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    "Hey Bill! I got your pudding, pops!"
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

WHEN LIFE HANDS YOU LEMONS.
    LOL
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/12/us/bill-cosby-prison/index.html

Wait what?

Was he assigned to a Canadian prison?
    "My brain's a good brain!"

Wait what?

Was he assigned to a Canadian prison?
    smh
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD