Paul McCartney

124»

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I'm not talking about the past. I'm talking about what he's done as an individual in the past 40 years. The fact is, he's done nothing of any worth.

Mutiple huge solo albums, sell-out tours, huge songs like "Live & Let Die" and "Band On The Run" and "Jet" and "Maybe I'm Amazed", etc etc etc. Plus he's been a humanitarian, donating time and money to important causes.

Should I go on?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Dreamfire2 wrote:
    I've been a long time fan of Mccartney and the Beatles for over 40 years. However IMO he wandered well into cunt territory when he started charging $250 for tickets (not necessarily even excellent seats) for his concerts. Sure supply and demand says he can get it. But when you are worth way over a billion dollars it sucks. Like some oil producing countries are finding out right now just because you can suck the last fucking dollar out of people doesnt make it a particularly smart thing to do. I also haven;t been overly keen on his last 2 cd's despite tehir receiving substantial critical acclaim and some Grammy nods.

You're not from the UK. Using the C word makes you look like a douche.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    You're an IDIOT.

Paul McCartney can kiss my arse.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    There was a new single in June called "Come On To Me" and I like it very much. :) I wonder if that means another album coming up? Anyone heard anything?

https://open.spotify.com/track/1EiSEUs3FuRZDBU23MuUN3?si=Tf3Meee8SyKA-w_fdKn0Dg

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ultrapigultrapig South Dakota Posts: 142
    PJ_Soul said:
    There was a new single in June called "Come On To Me" and I like it very much. :) I wonder if that means another album coming up? Anyone heard anything?

Yeah I think it comes out sometime in September. It's called Egypt Station. 

ultrapig said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah I think it comes out sometime in September. It's called Egypt Station.

Awesome, thanks!

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    Keeping my fingers crossed for some US dates in my neck of the woods next year. I've seen him twice (once with my wife) and my 7 year old daughter absolutely loves the Beatles. It would be awesome to give her the experience of seeing Paul.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    DC29940 said:
    Keeping my fingers crossed for some US dates in my neck of the woods next year. I've seen him twice (once with my wife) and my 7 year old daughter absolutely loves the Beatles. It would be awesome to give her the experience of seeing Paul.
    It really would... I just wish his shows didn't cost an arm and a leg. I love him, but it's hard for me to justify paying hundreds at face value for any artist.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Pauls shows are as good any...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • cornelia.hcornelia.h Vienna Posts: 47
    Pretty excited, got tickets for his Vienna show (Dec 5th) today. Small place for his standards, the last time he was here, he played in a stadium.
    Salzburg 2000, Vienna 2006, Munich 2007, Novarock 2007, Prag, Berlin 1 + 2, Stockholm 2012, EV London 1 + 2 2012, Vienna 2014, EV Berlin 2017, Berlin 2018, EV Amsterdam I + II 2019
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Seen him 4 times and I’m glad I get to see him 2 more at ACL this year. Still the best show out there. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited September 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QGxFpSb6Sc

Would love to get to see him, but not playing Sweden :/
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I miss byrnzie.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,944

PJ_Soul said:
    DC29940 said:
    It really would... I just wish his shows didn't cost an arm and a leg. I love him, but it's hard for me to justify paying hundreds at face value for any artist.
    When he played BC place we did ok'ish.   The floor was really expensive.  Something like $250, but upper decks were cheaper.  We got one of the front rows of the upper deck for about $120.  I felt that was worth it.

I guess it shows where I rank things though.  GNR had a similar cost/location/venue set up and we completely opted to pay $250 to be right up front in the pit :)  Most expensive tickets I've ever bought.   That was in Seattle in 2016, given the price, we opted not to go again in Vancouver the year after.    Mega expensive tickets get me out to see something on my bucket list that I haven't seen, but it doesn't generally result in repeat business.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    First #1 album in 36 years
    I miss igotid88