2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    edited September 2018
    Milestone said:
    jmug23 said:
     He’s also planning family trip to SA to be with the band next year. All I can say about that. Thanks 
    SA again?!? They’ve been there twice since last playing Detroit. Enough already. 

2014 Detroit show, Ed goes on and on about loving the venue (Joe Louis Arena) and wanting to play there again before they tear it down.  Didn’t happen. 

Now there’s the new arena (Little Caesar’s Arena) which supposedly is a great place for concerts.  I’d sure like to get some Detroit love before they head to Europe or SA again.
    Ed says lots of things.

We had a great time in DET and would love to see the band there again.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    Waperd said:
    jmug23 said:
    Again not trying to be some guy just spreading random info from a 3rd party person. I won’t say who my friend knows in the band or how he’s affiliated, but he’s typically right in the past and has told me concert locations long before reading them on here. He’s not a close enough friend where I feel comfortable pushing for more info, but I believe what he says. Album is closer to being done than not. Now maybe that means there is still tons of production and editing that needs to be done, I have no idea.  He’s also planning family trip to SA to be with the band next year. All I can say about that. Thanks 
    I think you are right. I remember Dimitris saying something big was planned for april 2018, but was  postponed. Shortly after tour 2018 was announced. Imo this means the album was due for spring 2018; but they could not finish it in time as the tour was coming up. So they released Can’t deny instead. I think the new album Is almost done and is going to be released soon. 
    I agree,  the album is closer to being completed then the band leads on.  Did the same thing back in 2013 with LB.  The band has a habit of saying "were half way done" then 6 weeks later a new  record and tour is announced. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Anything any of the band says about an album release or progress should be taken with a HUGE grain of salt.  They’ve been giving vague non answers on the subject for as long as I can remember.  That said, I believe they are probably just about to go into the studio and start chipping away at whatever they’ve been working on
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    So in a nutshell...apart from a few bits and pieces of information from Mike, Ed and Jeff we all have no idea, it’s all speculation and guesswork! 
    That's all these threads ever are.
  • Yes, I wish the thread was more rumor with info - hey I heard this from so and so or they have a hold at this venue.  Most of the thread is please play X because it's been X # of years.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    Milestone said:
    jmug23 said:
    Again not trying to be some guy just spreading random info from a 3rd party person. I won’t say who my friend knows in the band or how he’s affiliated, but he’s typically right in the past and has told me concert locations long before reading them on here. He’s not a close enough friend where I feel comfortable pushing for more info, but I believe what he says. Album is closer to being done than not. Now maybe that means there is still tons of production and editing that needs to be done, I have no idea.  He’s also planning family trip to SA to be with the band next year. All I can say about that. Thanks 
    https://www.alternativenation.net/pearl-jam-new-album-rumor-revealed-believe-this-or-not/

You are famous now.
    What is with Alternative Nation?? Scouring message boards for news? They are worse than Gawker.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Milestone said:
    jmug23 said:
    https://www.alternativenation.net/pearl-jam-new-album-rumor-revealed-believe-this-or-not/

You are famous now.
    What is with Alternative Nation?? Scouring message boards for news? They are worse than Gawker.
    Yeah, it's pretty sad. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Milestone said:
    jmug23 said:

You are famous now.
    Yeah, it's pretty sad. 
    Wow...maybe I can be famous too? Post some unfounded info on rumor thread and get published on internet. LOL. Listen, I'll be first in line for a new PJ album/tour whether it comes in 4 weeks, 4 months or 4 years. No point in 10C members getting our panties all twisted in knots over this "speculation". 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    My goal is to go to four pj shows next year. Get writing so you can Announce the dates already!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Milestone said:
    jmug23 said:

You are famous now.
    Yeah, it's pretty sad. 
    Wow...maybe I can be famous too? Post some unfounded info on rumor thread and get published on internet. LOL. Listen, I'll be first in line for a new PJ album/tour whether it comes in 4 weeks, 4 months or 4 years. No point in 10C members getting our panties all twisted in knots over this "speculation". 
    Amen to that!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 374
    mcgruff10 said:
    My goal is to go to four pj shows next year. Get writing so you can Announce the dates already!!
    Similar goal here! I am aiming to see 40 PJ shows by my 40th bday, so I need to get in 5 more shows before the end of Nov 2019. C'mon West Coast tour! I am willing to travel farther, but I don't really want to go broke, especially as the Canadian dollar is so bad right now compared to USD.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    West coast would be great. Have some family and friends in AZ and southern CA I’d like to see. Good reason to kill two birds with one stone. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    nothing booked yet for 2019...keep your dreams 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Bummer. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited September 2018
    I need four showS damn it!!
    oh and I’ll be on vacation from aug 24-31 so no us dates then please. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    bbiggs said:
    Bummer. 
    but the key word is 'yet'
  • dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    heres my theory...album out before christmas (MERRY CHRISTMAS 10C!), need 2.5 to 3 months for ticket sales. spring/early summer tour like 2016 east coast but with a few one off stops like 2013 cville and maybe camden or new hard rock in ac, spotted fest stop or 2 potentially firefly since it is beginning of june and deleware is owed a show badly, then midwest/ west coast leg august and sept to wrap up in time for baseball playoffs
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    was really holding out hope for canada summer tour. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    basically supports all band member comments over the summer. Going to be a while
  • DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    At least Ed twice referenced going into the studio. Fenway 2 and then at Wrigley? (I forget where) he mentioned that “they’ve been working on some great stuff”.

So we have that going for us....
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    edited September 2018
    My guess is a 2020 30 year anniversary tour with this being their final album. Then band calls it a day after giving us a glorious back catalog and a lifetime's worth of great music...maybe a few charity events here and there. They "release" some kinda vault/archives/singles material over the next 20-25 years. #PJGloriousRetirementThanksGuysSeeYouInHawaii

Post edited by thispureamericanriot on
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    ^^^no offence to TPAR above, but I hate reading posts like that. Don't give them any ideas. As long as they still enjoy it, mix up the setlists every night, and bring much positive energy to so many people around the world...they should be rocking well into their 70's!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I don't think they stop touring.

One thing I always liked about PJ is they only tour when they feel like it.   If they're not into it, they take a break.   So many bands do those lame press conferences where they announce a hiatus or they break up (only to reform later).

PJ gets tired or need a break, they take one.   They get bored, they come back and play some shows.   I don't think they walk away from that.  I think they keep trucking at their own speed. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I don't believe they will ever do a farewell tour, and I hope the end never comes. Ever. But if it does I think they will follow the R.E.M. model. One day they are here, the next day they are just gone.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • I don’t think we see them until 2020
    "So much it dont show"
  • But if they want to do two random shows in 2019 at United center in Chicago similar to 2009, I’d be down
    "So much it dont show"
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    JimmyV said:
    I don't believe they will ever do a farewell tour, and I hope the end never comes. Ever. But if it does I think they will follow the R.E.M. model. One day they are here, the next day they are just gone.
    Yeah they don't seem like a 'farewell tour' kind of group. Someone will die or they just sign off with something like a song.
  • nadahombrenadahombre Brooklyn Posts: 456
    Of the more ridiculous rumors I've heard is Japan next year
  • Of the more ridiculous rumors I've heard is Japan next year

And Southeast Asia....

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Of the more ridiculous rumors I've heard is Japan next year

Why else is there WORLD TOUR written in Japanese on the hoodie..