2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,905
    i just hope Pearl Jam doesnt tour Europe on the summer...that would mean Festival dates for Portugal for sure :(
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    jmug23 said:
    Believe this info or not, but I talked to my friend who is directly affiliated with one of the band members. He has had really good info in the past, although I try to not bother him about it. 
       According to one of the band members, most of the music on next album is already done. Didn’t ask for details or release date, but it’s coming sooner than later. Not sure how long production and all that stuff is, but that’s what he told me. Also told me they are playing South America next year as him and his family are planning their vacation to coincide with tour. I didn’t ask countries or even time frame. He didn’t mention any other regions, although I’m sure they are playing other regions and again I don’t like to push for info. If I hear more I’ll post it but again he’s definitely always in the know. Cheers 
    I have always believed that the album was further along than we think.  As was the case with LB
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Cal.PJ.C said:

CopperTom said:
    rummy said:
    Europe would surprise me the most. Aside from 2006/2007 and the few shows they played in 2009 before the 2010 tour, they haven't played the continent in back to back years - especially lately.
    No way they tour Europe again considering they haven't toured the west coast since 2013 and the Midwest since 2014. 
    they tour europe every 2 ywear(if wasnt for terrorist attack they would do the 2016 tour as well and twice the last 12 years bac k to back years..they fior sure tour more to europe than west usa,its obvious..and one is irrelavent to the other.

Was the 2016 Euro tour really locked in? I remember around the time you were certain it would happen
    yes was locked and all was booked
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    jmug23 said:
    Believe this info or I not, but I talked to my friend who is directly affiliated with one of the band members. He has had really good info in the past, although I try to not bother him about it. 
       According to one of the band members, most of the music on next album is already done. Didn’t ask for details or release date, but it’s coming sooner than later. Not sure how long production and all that stuff is, but that’s what he told me. Also told me they are playing South America next year as him and his family are planning their vacation to coincide with tour. I didn’t ask countries or even time frame. He didn’t mention any other regions, although I’m sure they are playing other regions and again I don’t like to push for info. If I hear more I’ll post it but again he’s definitely always in the know. Cheers 

I hope you are right but didn't McCready recently say he has no idea where they are with the new album?

I sensed that meant there were no immediate plans to record and I'm not even sure he was confident of which songs will be included.

Let's guess best case scenario is they are in the studio in a couple months, a few months to record, then usually five months for post production so maybe it's out in 10-12 months?

Then possibly enough time remaining in the year to do their standard 25 show run late 2019, with some more in 2020?

And SA is next? Then Australia is way overdue, and the US it looks like seven stadium shows (zero arena shows) over  a three year period (unless some magic happens by August)
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    edited September 2018
    jmug23 said:
    According to one of the band members, most of the music on next album is already done. 

The band, except Can’t Deny Me, has not recorded anything yet. The new record is not ready at all.
    Post edited by raindog80 on
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
    edited September 2018
    The band, except Can’t Deny Me, has not recorded anything yet. The new record is not ready at all.
    pearljamonline.it
  • raindog80 said:
    Says... you? 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    DL3031 said:
    A couple of thoughts about # of shows & stadiums: perhaps the # of shows per year will rise in about five to ten years as the children of the band members get older and it becomes easier for them to want to get away. As for stadiums, we can only hope that they return to arenas but in the markets in the U.S. where they can play stadiums, i expect that to continue. It reminds me of the Springsteen model, why play ten shows at the former Brendan Byrne Arena when you can hit the same amount of customers in five shows at Giants Stadium? It's not great for fans to see them at stadiums but it's about economics at the end of the day. 

I'm curious if they'd ever consider the smaller US soccer stadiums that typically hold 30k + 10k on the field

Set up huge stage midfield and play 360 like they do in arenas.

This would maximize access for fans while not playing a mile away from the depths of deep CF in baseball fields.
    raindog80 said:
    Says... you? 
    Trust me. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Ed said they were going to play in the studio next so album can't be done lol.
  • raindog80 said:
    Maybe most of the songs are written and instrumental parts have been made, they just haven't gotten down to tweak and record. So many steps in creating an album
    raindog80 said:
    Maybe most of the songs are written and instrumental parts have been made, they just haven't gotten down to tweak and record. So many steps in creating an album
    Maybe yes, maybe not.
    pearljamonline.it
    So many steps in creating an album
    Very true. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,839
    edited September 2018
    So in a nutshell...apart from a few bits and pieces of information from Mike, Ed and Jeff we all have no idea, it’s all speculation and guesswork! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    DL3031 said:
    A couple of thoughts about # of shows & stadiums: perhaps the # of shows per year will rise in about five to ten years as the children of the band members get older and it becomes easier for them to want to get away. As for stadiums, we can only hope that they return to arenas but in the markets in the U.S. where they can play stadiums, i expect that to continue. It reminds me of the Springsteen model, why play ten shows at the former Brendan Byrne Arena when you can hit the same amount of customers in five shows at Giants Stadium? It's not great for fans to see them at stadiums but it's about economics at the end of the day. 

I'm curious if they'd ever consider the smaller US soccer stadiums that typically hold 30k + 10k on the field

Set up huge stage midfield and play 360 like they do in arenas.

This would maximize access for fans while not playing a mile away from the depths of deep CF in baseball fields.
    Mapfre Stadium in Columbus has a permanent stage built in the stadium for concerts.  I know of at least a few country concerts have played there and its where the Rock On The Range Festival is every year.  I would love it if Pearl Jam would play there but I highly doubt it will ever happen.  Capacity is 19,968 but i think that is for soccer.  

Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    jmug23 said:
    Believe this info or I not, but I talked to my friend who is directly affiliated with one of the band members. He has had really good info in the past, although I try to not bother him about it. 

I hope you are right but didn't McCready recently say he has no idea where they are with the new album?
    When was this? I know he said he didn’t know during his book tour, but that was last June.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Again not trying to be some guy just spreading random info from a 3rd party person. I won’t say who my friend knows in the band or how he’s affiliated, but he’s typically right in the past and has told me concert locations long before reading them on here. He’s not a close enough friend where I feel comfortable pushing for more info, but I believe what he says. Album is closer to being done than not. Now maybe that means there is still tons of production and editing that needs to be done, I have no idea.  He’s also planning family trip to SA to be with the band next year. All I can say about that. Thanks 
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    jmug23 said:
    Again not trying to be some guy just spreading random info from a 3rd party person. I won’t say who my friend knows in the band or how he’s affiliated, but he’s typically right in the past and has told me concert locations long before reading them on here. He’s not a close enough friend where I feel comfortable pushing for more info, but I believe what he says. Album is closer to being done than not. Now maybe that means there is still tons of production and editing that needs to be done, I have no idea.  He’s also planning family trip to SA to be with the band next year. All I can say about that. Thanks 

guessing he is friends with BOOM

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    jmug23 said:
     He’s also planning family trip to SA to be with the band next year. All I can say about that. Thanks 
    SA again?!? They’ve been there twice since last playing Detroit. Enough already. 

2014 Detroit show, Ed goes on and on about loving the venue (Joe Louis Arena) and wanting to play there again before they tear it down.  Didn’t happen. 

Now there’s the new arena (Little Caesar’s Arena) which supposedly is a great place for concerts.  I’d sure like to get some Detroit love before they head to Europe or SA again.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Milestone said:
    I wish PJ did something similar to Neil Young. Play new songs live before the album is out. Road test them, perfect them, change what’s not working, ect..... then go record it. 

I recall seeing Neil play his Greendale album in its entirety before it was even released. 

.Haven't they kinda done this with Can't Deny Me
  • Milestone said:
    I wish PJ did something similar to Neil Young. Play new songs live before the album is out. Road test them, perfect them, change what’s not working, ect..... then go record it. 

I recall seeing Neil play his Greendale album in its entirety before it was even released. 

Can't Deny Me
    Milestone said:

Well, considering that the studio cut was released before they started playing live.....No.

But I guess you have me on a technicality since the album is not released yet. I should have stated more clearly “before studio versions are released” rather than using the word “album”.

I’ve got to be on my toes in this forum!!! ;-)
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
    jmug23 said:
    https://www.alternativenation.net/pearl-jam-new-album-rumor-revealed-believe-this-or-not/

You are famous now.
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Milestone said:
    jmug23 said:
     He’s also planning family trip to SA to be with the band next year. All I can say about that. Thanks 
    SA again?!? They’ve been there twice since last playing Detroit. Enough already. 

2014 Detroit show, Ed goes on and on about loving the venue (Joe Louis Arena) and wanting to play there again before they tear it down.  Didn’t happen. 

Now there’s the new arena (Little Caesar’s Arena) which supposedly is a great place for concerts.  I’d sure like to get some Detroit love before they head to Europe or SA again.
    I saw Jack White there.  Is it a nice arena, yes.  Was it great for a concert, I wasn't impressed with the sound.  I've heard mixed responses for other shows there from friends.  It is a great area in terms of things to do within walking distance, parking, food....etc.... But to really get that effect, it needs to be in the good weather months.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    pulling69 said:
    Raleigh is owed a show for sure, people that had 10C tickets for the cancelled show should get them automatically if they want them.
    Agreed! That cancellation is still a sore spot for me.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
    Milestone said:
    jmug23 said:

More money playing a 100k person festival than bloody Detroit!
    I think Ed was meant to play more solo shows in South America last year but got cancelled for some reason, he may go back.
  • WaperdWaperd The Hague, Netherlands Posts: 10
    jmug23 said:
    I think you are right. I remember Dimitris saying something big was planned for april 2018, but was  postponed. Shortly after tour 2018 was announced. Imo this means the album was due for spring 2018; but they could not finish it in time as the tour was coming up. So they released Can’t deny instead. I think the new album Is almost done and is going to be released soon. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Edved007 said:
    They obviously have a lot of studio work to do to "finish" this new album per Ed's comments in Boston.  From the sound of it, they aren't going to be playing another show until that album is out, so I think the best we can hope for is that album gets out sooner than later where we could actually get a couple U.S. warm up/album release shows, then some Euro festivals in the summer, and then some fall U.S. dates....but realistically that album probably isn't going to out till late 2019 at best which, to me, means it's a very real possibility we don't see any real dates until 2020 besides maybe a one off fest show or something like that.  I don't want to be right, but I'm mentally preparing myself for a totally dry 2019.
    album out spring 2019, tour summer and fall 2019.  it's only September. plenty of time to finish recording and do post-production to get it out.  just my guess here.
    edited September 2018
    Brisk. said:
    Milestone said:
    jmug23 said:

More money playing a 100k person festival than bloody Detroit!

If it's about the money, they should stop charging below market prices for their prime seats, and start offering platinum and VIP tickets.

If that's what it takes them to play arena shows in the US again, I am paying.

Seven US stadium shows over three years, zero albums in six,  is basically a retired band.