*** Boston, MA Fanviews Here 9/2/18 ***

Comments

• SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    tbergs said:
    vedpunk said:
    Sorry, Bruce doesn’t touch PJ’s relevance and popularity outside the Northeast US.  As much as your locale loves him and you really want to believe this, it’s just not true.  I don’t care how many times you’ve seen them both.  Let’s get back to the actual fanviews.
    Bruce sells out three shows at Ullevi Arena in Gothenburg Sweden -- 65.000 people x 3.

Pearl Jam can't sell out one show at Friends Arena in Stockholm Sweden -- 24.000 people x1

I believe he's the #1 selling artist all time in Sweden.

Bigger than ABBA??
    I would think @tbergs means concert wise.

Albumwise, I think it is swedish dansband (dance band) Vikingarna:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWWd96MAS98
    Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews.
    Please respect topic integrity. See the Posting Guidelines. Thank you

• GreekFreakGreekFreak Posts: 32
    edited September 2018

If this is your view with a 10c ticket, take a photo and go see the 10c folks about it. They should be able to find you another seat.

Fenway is... an anomoly with poles and sightlines. They don’t always know that some tix in the fanclub allotment have a pole right in the way.
    Thanks for the info. You know where the 10c folks would be at Fenway? I do have photo’s...
    I was close.

Post edited by GreekFreak on
  • sad1170sad1170 Brooklyn, NY Posts: 6
    First time seeing them in a looooong time (2000???). Scored tix in A4, 2nd row a few seats from dead center. HOLY CRAP!!! For my buddy and I, PJ fans since '91, this concert will likely never be topped...EVER! They played our fave songs (him -Release, me-Elderly Woman) within the first 20 minutes. State of Love, Lukin, Blood, Curdoroy, and Free World were great choices. Ed standing 2 feet from me while singing Porch. Mike was killing it (and noticed my shirt  =)  McLovin was chillin' a few feet from us. Other than the seemingly tallest dude in Fenway Park directly blocking my view of Eddie, it couldn't have been any better! THANK YOU 10C for the unforgettable experience.
    Some more shots. My 'good' camera crapped out before the show started...would've really had some gems otherwise
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    Great photos ceska! And great write-up thanks for posting
    Thanks! And you're welcome!
  • paylingpayling Seattle Posts: 294
    Great show! Setlist was fantastic.  Anyone else notice how often Eddie kept singing/interjecting "SHA"! into songs, a little weird, I kept thinking of the beginning of the song "Big Country"
    PA
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    vedpunk said:
    Be careful the Bruce fanboys are out in full force.  We've just learned that he's HUGE in Sweden.
    Dude, seriously, I have no dog in this fight but you are totally stoking this.  Stop stirring the pot with digs (many of them factually incorrect, and I know that having NEVER seen a Bruce concert) and the conversation will die.  But not if you keep stoking the fire.
  • UNH1995UNH1995 Worcester Posts: 356
    End of the show, a mom and her daughter were shown on the screen. Mom had tears in her eyes. As a Dad standing there with my 10 year old, I related to her emotions and I teared up as well. Well done Mom. Incredible to share it with our children. 
    Lalapalooza 1992, Orphium Boston 1994, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1998, Mansfield 2000, Mansfield 2003(1&3), West Palm 2003, State College 2003, Boston 2004, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Chicago 2006, Boston 2006, Mansfield 2008(1&2), Hartford 2008, Hartford 2010, Boston 2010, Worcester 2013 (1&2), All Four Fenway shows 2016 & 2018.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    JH6056 said:
    vedpunk said:
    Be careful the Bruce fanboys are out in full force.  We've just learned that he's HUGE in Sweden.
    Dude, seriously, I have no dog in this fight but you are totally stoking this.  Stop stirring the pot with digs (many of them factually incorrect, and I know that having NEVER seen a Bruce concert) and the conversation will die.  But not if you keep stoking the fire.
    The conversation did die until you just stirred it up again.....or was that your intention?  I didn't realize there were so many passionate Bruce fans on the Pearl Jam forum....and that's cool.  Like I said before, he's a legend and I respect him but I just don't agree with all the statements made about his popularity and having to compare Pearl Jam's live shows to some 4 hr Springsteen show.  It's a Pearl jam show thread, let's leave it there. 
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    UNH1995 said:
    End of the show, a mom and her daughter were shown on the screen. Mom had tears in her eyes. As a Dad standing there with my 10 year old, I related to her emotions and I teared up as well. Well done Mom. Incredible to share it with our children. 
    That really sums up what really matters: how the shows make you FEEL. Lovely point!
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

If this is your view with a 10c ticket, take a photo and go see the 10c folks about it. They should be able to find you another seat.

Fenway is... an anomoly with poles and sightlines. They don’t always know that some tix in the fanclub allotment have a pole right in the way.
    Thanks for the info. You know where the 10c folks would be at Fenway? I do have photo’s...
    I was close.

such history...

I prefer this 27

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
     just my opinion

baseball stadiums are great for baseball. 
    you're not supposed to be out there walking around...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • UNH1995 said:
    She probably was regretting having a family and not being able to follow the band around more.  Tears of sadness and regret. 
  • I'm just here for the vedpunk selfings.  Dude is getting pwnt left and right.  Also night 1 was better, and the 2016 run was much better overall imo.

I was at both 2016 shows and then night 1 of 2018.  I too thought 2016 had much more energy but then I was on the field both nights.  Although, if you aren't within 30 rows of the stage and towards the middle, you are watching the jumbo tron most of the time regardless of where you are sitting.
  • LCLC North Andover, MA Posts: 253
    I was disappointed to not be on the field with 10c tix.....but I must say, the Box sections near Pesky Pole (5,6,7) ended up being great. I’d have no issue sitting there again.
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    I DONT CARE ABLUT BRUCE, this is Fenway 1 FANVIEWS keep to topic :)
    Yes!  Bruce is great, but I am looking to read about folks views of Fenway N1 here.  Can’t wait to hear the boot because sound quality in GS29 was off - muffled and too much echo.  Still a great show and setlist :-)
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Sounded great in G32. Soundcheck the night before sounded great, too. Maybe the FOH setup didn't have even coverage.

I have heard quite a few reports of bad sound but it apparently depended on seat location.

We were commenting on the way out of the park that it was one of the better sounding live shows we have been to.

FWIW, I didn't wear ear plugs, which I usually do.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    Heavy bass up front. The kind you feel more than you hear.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    ceska said:
    Heavy bass up front. The kind you feel more than you hear.
    Makes your clothes blow .. that's when you know you're close. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    I have been watching vids on youtube reliving night 1 a lot the last couple of days. First off Release was as perfect as I remembered it. My first show was Worcester night 1 and Release opened there. Loved that they opened up with that song at my first show but looking back it was just an ok version. Fenway night 1 2016 I got to hear it again and it improved greatly on the first time I heard Release. Night 1 2018 was the version that I always wanted to be able to hear. From the crowd singing along to Eddie nailing all the notes it was a great moment. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axI6stK9aoo

The next vid that I can't stop watching is the Slow/Fast I Am a Patriot. I heard it at Wrigley as well but this time it went off perfectly. What a cool version. I would like to see a full slow version someday. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_qujep6QKg

Out Of My Mind is the next vid that I have been watching a lot of. Some people do not get what the big deal of this song is and to be honest I can not explain it myself since it is a fairly simple song but I have to admit this was probably the single most memorable concert experience of my life. I had that jumping up and down holy shit moment that people get and I could not control myself. I sang this song as loud as I could and if you watch the vid you can see Eddie is having a pretty good time himself. This song just oozes awesomeness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO1Nzweg6M0
  • wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161
    edited September 2018
    PJNB said:
    I have been watching vids on youtube reliving night 1 a lot the last couple of days. First off Release was as perfect as I remembered it. My first show was Worcester night 1 and Release opened there. Loved that they opened up with that song at my first show but looking back it was just an ok version. Fenway night 1 2016 I got to hear it again and it improved greatly on the first time I heard Release. Night 1 2018 was the version that I always wanted to be able to hear. From the crowd singing along to Eddie nailing all the notes it was a great moment. 

Can’t remember if I saw this posted here yet or not but a fan picking up her N2 tix was outside N1 and recorded while listening to Release. The crowd is SO loud, really cool perspective.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=03xLa-i1OGU
    Thanks for posting that. Magical.
    edited September 2018

Post edited by sad1170 on
  • gems_n_rhinestonesgems_n_rhinestones Harrisburg, PA Posts: 379
    PJNB said:

The next vid that I can't stop watching is the Slow/Fast I Am a Patriot. I heard it at Wrigley as well but this time it went off perfectly. What a cool version. I would like to see a full slow version someday. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_qujep6QKg

Out Of My Mind is the next vid that I have been watching a lot of. Some people do not get what the big deal of this song is and to be honest I can not explain it myself since it is a fairly simple song but I have to admit this was probably the single most memorable concert experience of my life. I had that jumping up and down holy shit moment that people get and I could not control myself. I sang this song as loud as I could and if you watch the vid you can see Eddie is having a pretty good time himself. This song just oozes awesomeness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO1Nzweg6M0
    Ive had the Sometimes/release video on regular rotation while I’ve been painting and putting up blinds. I’ve been lucky to get Release at a few shows but the unexpectedness of it. Chills. 
  • acromleyacromley NJ, USA Posts: 7
    I've been to as many shows as times in which they have played Out of My Mind...and to see them play it made me go ape shit! How could anyone have expected that? Tremor Christ was also major highlight for me.
    "I'm still alive!"
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die,
    the in between is mine."

'16 MSG 2
    '16 Fenway 1
    '18 Fenway 1
    '18 Fenway 2
  • seanwonseanwon Posts: 264
    mrussel1 said:
    I don’t want to quote my review because it was really long  but I do want to mention corduroy again it was fucking phenomenal!
     I am really surprised that no one has mentioned this version of cordoroy as being such as stand out version
    You know, I didn't notice it to be spectacular, but I'll watch the tape tonight to see if change my mind.  I did notice that they changed the mid song interlude that they've played, pretty much nonstop since the Lauderdale show at the beginning of 16.  I'm glad because I don't really like the break they had been using.  
    If you want to critique everyone for being ignorant on Springsteen, you should brush up on PJ a little bit.  They absolutely played the slowed down, middle section crowd sing along of Corduroy at Fenway. 
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    edited September 2018
    seanwon said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I don’t want to quote my review because it was really long  but I do want to mention corduroy again it was fucking phenomenal!
     I am really surprised that no one has mentioned this version of cordoroy as being such as stand out version
    You know, I didn't notice it to be spectacular, but I'll watch the tape tonight to see if change my mind.  I did notice that they changed the mid song interlude that they've played, pretty much nonstop since the Lauderdale show at the beginning of 16.  I'm glad because I don't really like the break they had been using.  
    If you want to critique everyone for being ignorant on Springsteen, you should brush up on PJ a little bit.  They absolutely played the slowed down, middle section crowd sing along of Corduroy at Fenway. 
    Reading is fundamental.  I didn't say they didn't play the "slowed down" part, I said I'm glad they changed it.  And they did, with Mike playing a solo before Ed gets into it.  It's the first time I recall them doing that in the 15 or so shows I've attended since the beginning of 16.  I cut a little snip for you so you can jog your memory.   I promise to brush up on my PJ if you promise to read more carefully. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZxRoBXZSgo&feature=youtu.be
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Late getting my review in. I’m glad to see the debate between which night was better. Clearly, as a result, both were great!

I hit both shows and loved both. Out of the 13 I’ve seen, these 2 are easily top 5. N1 had a random, fun feel. The set flow was pretty unusual. Loved that. Will make listening to the boot more fun too. I was in F49 and the sound was pretty solid, especially after about 5 songs. Sometimes was a tad thin but had a great effect going into Release. That was a surprise. Ed’s vocals were strong and relaxed. I would even say crisp. Musically it was tight almost all throughout. Tremor Christ was a shock and is a great version. Not too fast and not a fuck up to be found lol. Highlight for me was Patriot. That cover cooks when played half slow and fast. 

Overall it it was the feel of the set flow and creating a fun vibe that I dug most. The encore was killer. I had a blast. 
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    edited September 2018
    LC said:
    I was disappointed to not be on the field with 10c tix.....but I must say, the Box sections near Pesky Pole (5,6,7) ended up being great. I’d have no issue sitting there again.
    Yes, I was in box 7 and dugout seats 13 and no complaints.I prefer being close in GA but I had great seats nonetheless. Such great energy from everyone around!! Perfect weekend for my 50th!!  :)
    Post edited by PorchgirlCO on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Lsk6453Lsk6453 Ponte Vedra, FL Posts: 539
    Lsk6453 said:
    Hi everyone. I had an opportunity to review the show for Sonic Sound Magazine. Please see my review and some pics I took from the photography pit

http://sonicsoundmagazine.com/2018/09/pearl-jam-brings-their-away-shows-to-boston/

Shows attended: 36

7/5/98 Dallas, 10/17/00 Dallas, 4/30/03 Uniondale, 7/8/03 MSG 1, 7/9/03 MSG 2, 9/28/04 Boston 1, 9/29/04 Boston 2, 10/03/05 Philly, 4/15/06 SNL, 5/5/06 Irving Plaza, 5/13/06 Hartford, 6/1/06 NJ 1, 6/3/06 NJ 2, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/27/08 Hartford, 7/1/08 The Beacon, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 5/20/10 MSG, 5/21/10 MSG, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13, Brooklyn, 10/25/13 Hartford, 11/15/13 Dallas, 10/12/14 Austin 2, 5/1/16 MSG 1, 5/2/16 MSG 2, 8/5/15 Fenway 1, 4/7/17 RRHOF Induction, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle  2, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/13/23 Ft. Worth 1, 9/15/23 Ft. Worth 2, 5/16/224 Vegas 1, 5/18/24 Vegas 2