*** Boston, MA Fanviews Here 9/2/18 ***

Comments

• vedpunk said:
    Sorry, Bruce doesn’t touch PJ’s relevance and popularity outside the Northeast US.  As much as your locale loves him and you really want to believe this, it’s just not true.  I don’t care how many times you’ve seen them both.  Let’s get back to the actual fanviews.
    Bruce sells out three shows at Ullevi Arena in Gothenburg Sweden -- 65.000 people x 3.

Pearl Jam can't sell out one show at Friends Arena in Stockholm Sweden -- 24.000 people x1

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • gems_n_rhinestonesgems_n_rhinestones Harrisburg, PA Posts: 379
    mrussel1 said:
    vedpunk said:
    If I hear Springsteen one more damn time...
    Seriously, it’s like the Springsteen fanboys have to do their job to correct and promote him like he’s actually in a hard rock band.  Might as well start making Bruno Mars and  Maroon 5 comparisons while their at it. 
    You don't have to be a fanboy to correct someone who doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about.  I've seen Bruce 5x probably.  I've seen PJ over 50 times.  Regardless of who I'm a bigger fan of, your post was still uninformed and continues to be.  You should probably stop bringing it up since you continue to embarrass yourself.  

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    vedpunk said:
    Sorry, Bruce doesn’t touch PJ’s relevance and popularity outside the Northeast US.  As much as your locale loves him and you really want to believe this, it’s just not true.  I don’t care how many times you’ve seen them both.  Let’s get back to the actual fanviews.
    Bruce sells out three shows at Ullevi Arena in Gothenburg Sweden -- 65.000 people x 3.

Pearl Jam can't sell out one show at Friends Arena in Stockholm Sweden -- 24.000 people x1

I believe he's the #1 selling artist all time in Sweden.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 502
    Pats16 said:
    Regard regarding the late start. Heard form a friend that there was a major medical emergency and someone was carted our close to start time. Band wanted that to go smoothly before coming on. Maybe that wasn’t the entire reason but heard it first hand. 

Anyways, great mix of tunes. Sometimes into release, out of my mind, tremor Christ, blood, once and my favorite present tense. I’m good there. Flow was a little off...maybe a little too much talk where they came out late but the bootleg will show this was a solid show. 

Mikes guitar was too low imo...but that was my opinion. Could just be the outdoor acoustics who know but I’m sure they will tighten it up tomorrow. Hard to notice the beginning of present tense for me and that’s my white whale even though I’ve heard it over 20 times. Can’t wait for the bootleg (and indoor shows to get back the energy that I enjoy the most). 
    No idea what happened, but I did recall seeing an ambulance and a stretcher around 7 trying to go IN. So I think everyone should just be understanding and not always put things under microscopes. Things happen. Initially I was kinda like shucks, but now if this was it I'm glad I was one of the ones on the first couple pages to say shhh. I didn't want to get soaked and literally see lightning hitting all around Wrigley, but WTF. With that, now home. And... would give anything to hear another show after both Wrigleys and Fenway 1... well maybe not anything but I would PAY! The band was sizzling on Sunday!
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 502
    Oh and at this point, this thread has dissolved into nothing, everyone is being ridiculous. Good they are playing tonight. Refocus. Everything will be OK. Maybe you won't love every minute of a show, or the show won't go as planned, but enjoy what you can. If you've been to shows lately you'd understand. Try for one soon, or get these boots!
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    I DONT CARE ABLUT BRUCE, this is Fenway 1 FANVIEWS keep to topic :)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    Be careful the Bruce fanboys are out in full force.  We've just learned that he's HUGE in Sweden.
    Ohmygod you guys are so ridiculous. Y’all need to get a grip!
    vedpunk said:
    Be careful the Bruce fanboys are out in full force.  We've just learned that he's HUGE in Sweden.
    Huuuge
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    vedpunk said:
     The irony is that you're the true fanboy, unable to grasp that your favorite band may not be the most popular... or more popular than a 68 year old.  Making statements completely without objectivity. We've just been providing facts.  So let it go. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    vedpunk said:
     The irony is that you're the true fanboy, unable to grasp that your favorite band may not be the most popular... or more popular than a 68 year old.  Making statements completely without objectivity. We've just been providing facts.  So let it go. 
    You are basically arguing with Trump here.  He makes an argument with facts that are not true, then when presented with evidence that he is wrong, he continues making uninformed statements or attacks the person that corrects him.  I would move on.  You've won.  Anyone with a brain in this thread knows you were right. 
    mrussel1 said:
    vedpunk said:
    You are basically arguing with Trump here.  He makes an argument with facts that are not true, then when presented with evidence that he is wrong, he continues making uninformed statements or attacks the person that corrects him.  I would move on.  You've won.  Anyone with a brain in this thread knows you were right. 
    I'd be lying if I said the analogy didn't cross my mind.  

Back to our regularly scheduled thread.   I do wish I was still  in Boston.  I've never left in the middle of a back to back so this will obviously be the greatest show ever tonight. 
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    edited September 2018
    Comparisons to Trump? Because I don’t agree with you?  You were the one who got all emotional, hand picked stats to support your claims, cursed at me and now are getting personal when it was just a simple debate amongst fans.....and I’m being compared to Trump.  
    Post edited by vedpunk on
    edited September 2018
    Lol
    Post edited by gems_n_rhinestones on
  • Shakescky said:
    BB6102 said:
    Gotta say I love this band I made the best of it but flying up from Virginia and laying out for flights and rooms to go to these shows and to be parked right in front of the foul pole and not being able to see unobstructed sucked butt Getting Out of my mind helped but I’d say don’t even sell tickets behind foul pole for ten club members..out whole section couldn’t believe it... night 2 hopefully will be a blow out!

I would agree with you that these seats might actually suck butt.

What's with the graffiti on the foul pole? Fenway maintenance should clean that up. Looks like a cheap gas station stall wall.
    It adds to the ballpark's "charm" just like the rest of the city. It's a shame they cannot really do much about cleaning up the town and helping society, yet they'll spend stupid amounts of money on sports team parades.

• The show was solid. Although I was admittedly grumbling a bit at 7:45 when they hadn't taken the stage yet, the opener of Sometimes/Release was just what the doctor ordered. Saw some old friends, and made some new ones. Honestly, the complaining is unbelievable to me. My first show was in 1996. If anybody told me that night that I would still be going to PJ shows 22 years later, I wouldn't have believed them for a second. I am grateful and thankful for this band, the joy they have given me, and the community of fans I am a part of. All I am feeling post show is post show blues. I had to head home for work/kids and couldn't be at night 2. Can't wait to see what 2019 has in store for us.
  • Awesome concert! Absolutely STOKED that they played almost all of Ten! Wish the show went on a little longer and wish it started a little earlier as well considering I got in at around 6:30! To hear Yellow Ledbetter and Jeremy would have been nice. Mind your manners and Do the Evolution were sweet to see tho. Overall pretty great first show! I hope there are many more to come!!!
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    We were really lucky to be there for sound check the night before and we had decent seats from the TM Verified Fan presale.

The band was absolutely on fire. Super tight and they really seemed to be enjoying themselves. That goes a long way with me. There was definitely a feeling like everyone was happy to be there, the band and the fans.

Mike came out wearing fancy pants and that's a tell tale sign that he's going to be melting faces off. Yup. Mike wears face-melting fancy pants. It's always great to hear Mike play but he was truly a notch above his typical greatness. His playing on Black might be the best I've ever heard from him.

The people in our section were cool. Most everyone was up and dancing. A group of four Evenbros were right in front of us though. They were already pretty drunk when they got to their seats. One was a little too drunk and spent most of the show with his head between his knees. Another one took him away, presumably to puke or faint, and neither one came back. The other two were there all night hi-fiving and screaming slurred karaoke into the faces of nearby fans. (Please leave the onions and peppers off the sausage next time, bro. That shit was gross.)

All in all, I'm glad we were there. It's always great to see PJ live but it's way better if the band is really into it. They certainly seemed to be.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Lol

I knew something like this was up when I saw 120+ new posts.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    edited September 2018
    A big thank you to Pearl Jam and Ten Club for an awesome show and and amazing time in Boston two days ago. 9/2 was little a less than 20 years and a week since my first show, and it was also my 40th show. I've had some great seats before, I've had some decent seats before, and sometimes I didn't get selected for tickets at all and missed a show here and there. That's OK ("It's OK!"). This past Sunday I scored amazing seats. Thank you Ten Club for doing what you can to get the fans great seats. Obviously not all 20,000, or 37,000, people can all have great seats, but you do what you can, and I thank you. It was an amazing experience.

9/2 was about as perfect a concert experience as I could ever ask for. I attended with one of my great friends, and met up with several other friends. Everybody in our section was great - no obnoxious drunks, just people there to have a good time and appreciate the music. Walking around outside the stadium before the show was great - it was all PJ all the way around Fenway. And with patience and strategy I was able to score all the merch I hoped to score (posters, shirts, tickers, etc.) (Well, I felt bad for my friend who didn't get the shirt he wanted because his size was out of stock in every booth we visited, the army green skull tee.)

And then the really important stuff - the music. My friend and I heard just about all the songs we wanted to, and then some great surprises.PJ delivered once again, just like they did the 39 other times I've seen them. So many memorable moments. I'm reliving the show in my head while listening to tonight's show on the internet. I wish I was there tonight, but I can't attend them all. But I am thankful for the shows that I have been to. Thank you again Pearl Jam and thank you again Ten Club for making it as great as possible. See you next tour!

And thank you too for allowing small point-and-shoot cameras! After the Seattle shows I thought my great opportunity up front to get some decent shots would not be. But all was well, and here are some of those shots.

-Rob

Post edited by ceska on
  • Great photos ceska! And great write-up thanks for posting
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    tbergs said:
    vedpunk said:

Bigger than ABBA??
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • do_the_revolutiondo_the_revolution Georgia Posts: 18
     Was an amazing show, as always. Unfortunately this was only my 8th show but they have always been incredible every single time, some may be better than others but it's all relative. I have never left a show and been disappointed, but that's just me.
    Some observations: 
    This was maybe the only show that the sound was not good at times from my seats, Box 115 on the 1st base side with half the stage obstructed. But I'm one of those types who just wants to be in the building and the better view is just icing on the most incredible cake you could ever eat.
    The setlist was amazing with something for everybody. Loved the opening run of songs. Sometimes/release was incredible. Down is always amazing to hear, Corduroy/SOLAT never disappoints. Mind Your Manners is a great live song. Tremor Christ between SOLAT/Black, freaking incredible. 
    The band was on fire and having a great time. Always want more but that's because I love them so much. Was upset about the late start, could be my military background & being taught to be 15 mins early to everywhere. 
    Great Show guys, thank you.
    tbergs said:
    vedpunk said:

Bigger than ABBA??
    Ace of Bass?
  • Even though these were some of the worst seats to see from... MCLOVIN at least said excuse me to get by. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    danfmous1 said:
    Even though these were some of the worst seats to see from... MCLOVIN at least said excuse me to get by. 
    Whoa! Is that actually him??
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • danfmous1 said:
    Even though these were some of the worst seats to see from... MCLOVIN at least said excuse me to get by. 
    It's him. McMuffin.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited September 2018
    tbergs said:
    vedpunk said:

Bigger than ABBA??
    I would think @tbergs means concert wise.

Albumwise, I think it is swedish dansband (dance band) Vikingarna:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWWd96MAS98
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I'm just here for the vedpunk selfings.  Dude is getting pwnt left and right.  Also night 1 was better, and the 2016 run was much better overall imo.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
    I'm just here for the vedpunk selfings.  Dude is getting pwnt left and right.  Also night 1 was better, and the 2016 run was much better overall imo.
    I only made N1, so I'm interested in hearing why you think it was better.  I thought the set was better for the hard core fan on n2.