Sea Hear Now 2021
    EV New York 1 & 2 2022
    Berlin 2022
    Frankfurt 2022
    New York 2022
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Life wasted. Wasted reprise, better man and sonic reducer was crossed from setlist
    So nothing exciting was crossed out. 
    Easy cowboy! You're starting to remind me of @HesCalledDyer on the Cubs thread in AET. Lmao
    Which song crossed off was exciting?  Wasted reprise?  Sonic reducer?  Pretty weak tonight. Yeah outta of mind was played but it is a pretty shitty song hence the reason they never play it. 
    I'm not saying you were wrong Jersey Boy. I actually agree wholeheartedly with ya.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    Fucking hell this negative nancy crap in setlist threads lately really sucks. 
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Nice set, looks on par for the tour...out of my mind is nice!!
  • Fucking hell this negative nancy crap in setlist threads lately really sucks. 
    I agree.  There has been an increase in spoiled people lately I have noticed.  Like, if each night doesn't have tons of obscurities and a 99 percent change from the last show it automatically sucks.

It is Pearl Jam playing tons of great tunes at Fenway.  If you can't enjoy a set filled with great songs by a great band, no matter how often some might be played more than others, that is on you, not Pearl Jam.  
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    chadaw76 said:
    So were minds supposed to be blown because they played a bad song for only the fourth time ever?
    Are we supposed to consider you the judge of what is a good or bad song? lol

Hey if you're one of those guys that gets all excited based on how many times a song is played that's cool. Do your thing.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,190
    edited September 2018
    chadaw76 said:
    chadaw76 said:
    So were minds supposed to be blown because they played a bad song for only the fourth time ever?

Hey if you're one of those guys that gets all excited based on how many times a song is played that's cool. Do your thing.
    I am actually the opposite, as shown by my last post right before yours here.  But to pretend music is anything but subjective and writing off musical moments as "bad" and as truth and writing off the excitement of others who are excited it got played is just silly 

Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,434
    edited September 2018
    Whose being negative I said it was an awesome show! I just don't understand why they release a statement to be in your seats at 6:30 and then don't take the stage for an hour and a half? 20-30 minutes is one thing 1.5 hours is quite another thing and then have to cut 4-5 songs cause they came up against the curfew which, they caused! I'm going on Tuesday and if this scenario plays out again I'm going to be pissed no matter how good the 2.5 hours is! Sorry but, it's BS to tell people to be in their seats at 6:30 and take the stage at 8!!
    Post edited by vito on
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• Fucking hell this negative nancy crap in setlist threads lately really sucks. 
    Yes please only post reviews that contain the word ‘epic’ a minimum of ten times
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I agree.  There has been an increase in spoiled people lately I have noticed.  Like, if each night doesn't have tons of obscurities and a 99 percent change from the last show it automatically sucks.

It is Pearl Jam playing tons of great tunes at Fenway.  If you can't enjoy a set filled with great songs by a great band, no matter how often some might be played more than others, that is on you, not Pearl Jam.  
    Oh Christ stop.  It is a Pearl Jam message board talking and debating everything and anything Pearl Jam. Yes it is ok to say you didn’t nut in your pants when seeing tonight’s set list from a far. Now go get your Kleenex mr first timer. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:

Oh Christ stop.  It is a Pearl Jam message board talking and debating everything and anything Pearl Jam. Yes it is ok to say you didn’t nut in your pants when seeing tonight’s set list from a far. Now go get your Kleenex mr first timer. 
    Hmmm again with the condescension.  Keep going, that is classy
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    edited September 2018
    What other band plays their hearts out for over 2.5-3 hours? And they don’t play the same or mostly the same setlist every night. That’s what I thought. GTFO
    Post edited by vedpunk on
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Life wasted. Wasted reprise, better man and sonic reducer was crossed from setlist
    Easy cowboy! You're starting to remind me of @HesCalledDyer on the Cubs thread in AET. Lmao
    Which song crossed off was exciting?  Wasted reprise?  Sonic reducer?  Pretty weak tonight. Yeah outta of mind was played but it is a pretty shitty song hence the reason they never play it. 
    I'm not saying you were wrong Jersey Boy. I actually agree wholeheartedly with ya.
    Lol. That poster will be out this week. I promise. 
  • They played Sometimes. 
    Then they played Release. 
    Then they played Low Light. 
    Then they played Elderly Woman. 
    Absolutely epic start. 

They played Won’t Back Down into Just Breathe into Present Tense. Three beautiful, heartfelt songs. 

And they also played barn burners like Corduroy, Daughter, Amongst the Waves, Given to Fly, and State of Love and Trust. 

This setlist was rad as fuck. Stop complaining. 
    2013: Baltimore, Los Angeles (1&2), Seattle
    2009: Los Angeles (1,2,3,4)
    2008: Los Angeles (1&2)
    2003: Los Angeles (1&2)
    2000: Maryland
    1998: Washington, DC
  • Seattle 2 remains the bar! 
  • Chris1401 said:
    Seattle 2 remains the bar! 
    Seattle 2 and the two Wrigley shows are for sure instant buys for me as soon as they are released

• chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    chadaw76 said:
    chadaw76 said:

I am actually the opposite, as shown by my last post right before yours here.  But to pretend music is anything but subjective and writing off musical moments as "bad" and as truth and writing off the excitement of others who are excited it got played is just silly 

I really wasn't being negative. It was just funny to me that that was supposed to be a mind blowing moment. Trust me I'm not one of these people that thinks the show has to have 10 tracks off of Lost Dogs played to be good. You and I probably see eye to eye on this subject more than you think.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Chris1401 said:
    Seattle 2 remains the bar! 
    That’s a once every couple years kinda show, hard to live up to. People hit missoula and got an average show with a few nice rarities and bitched about it not being a 35 song show
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    PJM3333 said:
    Release - Sometimes opener
    How did you guys know?! First Sometimes opener after 27 shows! Only got it once with Ed solo before tonight. What a magical, magical night!
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,190
    edited September 2018
    chadaw76 said:
    chadaw76 said:
    chadaw76 said:

I really wasn't being negative. It was just funny to me that that was supposed to be a mind blowing moment. Trust me I'm not one of these people that thinks the show has to have 10 tracks off of Lost Dogs played to be good. You and I probably see eye to eye on this subject more than you think.
    That is fair - I think for me I just get mindblown by those who kind of seemingly jump straight to complaining about a show based on what a setlist looks like on paper and my mindset of being bewildered kind of carried over to your post after being bewildered by the poster above you lol sorry if there was misunderstanding on that one
    Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • Great show in my book. Re a few comments above. What rock band had ever taken the stage at 6:30? No way there going to play for 4 plus hours. 
    4/6/94, 4/10/94, 4/11/94
    9/26/96, 9/28/96, 10/2/96
    6/14/98, 9/13/98, 9/15/98, 9/16/98
    8/3/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00
    7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03
    9/28/04, 9/29/04
    5/24/06, 5/25/06
    6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    5/17/10
    10/15/13, 10/16/13
    8/5/16, 8/7/16
    9/4/18, 9/4/18
    chadaw76 said:
    chadaw76 said:
    chadaw76 said:

That is fair - I think for me I just get mindblown by those who kind of seemingly jump straight to complaining about a show based on what a setlist looks like on paper and my mindset of being bewildered kind of carried over to your post after being bewildered by the poster above you lol sorry if there was misunderstanding on that one
    To be fair this is a setlist thread so people commenting either way is fair. 

• vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,434
    Great show in my book. Re a few comments above. What rock band had ever taken the stage at 6:30? No way there going to play for 4 plus hours. 
    Some of you really lack reading comprehension! Don't make the statement and don't come out 1.5 hours later! take the stage at 7:30 at the latest and there's no problem! Last time I'm stating this, if you still can't comprehend, too bad.
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• vito said:
    Great show in my book. Re a few comments above. What rock band had ever taken the stage at 6:30? No way there going to play for 4 plus hours. 
    Some of you really lack reading comprehension! Don't make the statement and don't come out 1.5 hours later! take the stage at 7:30 at the latest and there's no problem! Last time I'm stating this, if you still can't comprehend, too bad.
    Was the email from pj or Fenway? May have to direct your matters accordingly 
    4/6/94, 4/10/94, 4/11/94
    9/26/96, 9/28/96, 10/2/96
    6/14/98, 9/13/98, 9/15/98, 9/16/98
    8/3/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00
    7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03
    9/28/04, 9/29/04
    5/24/06, 5/25/06
    6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    5/17/10
    10/15/13, 10/16/13
    8/5/16, 8/7/16
    9/4/18, 9/4/18
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Great show in my bo book. Re a few comments above. What rock band had ever taken the stage at 6:30? No way there going to play for 4 plus hours. 

Really Ed, you start at 8 with a strict 10 .30 curfew????

PJam east coast fans that traveled 10+ hours you gotta be kidding Ed

Typical east cast crap, oh well, present tense was incredible, but yet again, no ledbetter for me:(
  • KC48939KC48939 Missoula, MT Posts: 45
    I'm sitting at home watching The Prince and Me (Eddie just proposed!!!) and wishing I were in Boston right now. Oh man, what a great setlist - would have loved to have seen Out of my Mind! And all the others. I was incredibly lucky to get to go to the first five US shows this tour and I knew I'd be kicking myself for not going to Boston. Argh.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lol. That poster will be out this week. I promise. 
    No worries, bud. It seems your sick right now? Luckily you don't have a class to teach tomorrow. 

Basement isn't anywhere near finished so the poster isn't being hung for a few months at least.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • jefftjefft Posts: 649
    Phish  enough said.
  • jefftjefft Posts: 649
    Fuckin awesome show.  Good job yet again fellas.  
  • They started more than an hour late at both Seattle shows after sending emails saying you better be on time, so it's not like this is a new thing. Not sure why anyone expected them to start on time.