'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

Comments

• RedMosquitoSmile28RedMosquitoSmile28 Posts: 274
    edited September 2018
    3days said:
    I stood in line 1 morning in Seattle, and 1 morning in Chicago. I also went back to a tent once with literally no wait, trying to score a kiddie shirt for my friend's son.

I've also questioned the sense and sanity of everything; waiting for hours just to pick up a few souvenirs. I'm not sure why we're willing to endure snake lines and hot asphalt. Or why some do it more than once. 

That being said, I met some really nice people during those long waits. I have no idea as to each person's intentions for what they were buying, but I can tell you that they were genuine fans. People talking about the music, past shows, upcoming shows, etc. People were sharing water, donuts, and extra coffees with others in line. Strangers holding spots for one another during bathroom breaks. What I saw was people taking care of each other. 

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who made me glad that I waited in line. It can be frustrating to see the last poster disappear right in front of you, or to see someone leaving with shirts of every possible size. It would be a lot less bearable, if not for the kindness, sharing, and pleasant conversation. Thanks everybody!
    I waited in line the morning of Seattle 1. Got there about an hour before the actual lineup. Never thought I'd do something like that. Got everything I wanted except the Yeti poster (was trying to get all five for the Home Shows just because I am crazy), which was already sold out when we got in. About 100th in line. Got that easy in the venue. Again, never thought I'd do something like that and man was it a fun experience. At least everyone around me were Pearl Jam fans who had traveled far and wide and many who traveled often. The time flew by and it was great fun.

We were busy sight seeing in Montana and didn't get to the venue in Missoula until about 1 in the afternoon. Had sort of just decided it was OK if I didn't get what I wanted and would figure it out later just because we were there later. Decided what the heck and waited then. That line was only an hour but again, great experience being around everyone. Again, got everything I wanted except the trout sticker, which we also got fairly easily inside. 

Posters are my thing, like so many others here, and to some extent it's nuts to wait too long but the first part of this tour it was very memorable to wait. It was a good experience. I was prepared to do it again in Boston, and I don't want all five posters because I'm only going to one show and going to just Tuesday knew it would be more difficult anyway, but I did have my eyes on a couple of them. But hearing all this, I'm just going to test my luck inside and if nothing, well I'll see if I go eBay or if they show up online or something. I'm so excited for the trip it doesn't really matter and now I know I'll have more time around Boston, which is good too. But I haven't minded waiting a bit at all.
    Post edited by RedMosquitoSmile28 on
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290
    If someone can get me a Klausen poster and tube and one of each sticker and pin, PM me.  I will pay via PayPal since I'm arriving in Boston on Tuesday and workout the details.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Wait for the venue doors to open. Merch lines  are much shorter inside...45 minutes to an hour.
    Goes quick with people watching, line neighbor small talk and easy access to beer.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • 3days said:
    I stood in line 1 morning in Seattle, and 1 morning in Chicago. I also went back to a tent once with literally no wait, trying to score a kiddie shirt for my friend's son.

I've also questioned the sense and sanity of everything; waiting for hours just to pick up a few souvenirs. I'm not sure why we're willing to endure snake lines and hot asphalt. Or why some do it more than once. 

That being said, I met some really nice people during those long waits. I have no idea as to each person's intentions for what they were buying, but I can tell you that they were genuine fans. People talking about the music, past shows, upcoming shows, etc. People were sharing water, donuts, and extra coffees with others in line. Strangers holding spots for one another during bathroom breaks. What I saw was people taking care of each other. 

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who made me glad that I waited in line. It can be frustrating to see the last poster disappear right in front of you, or to see someone leaving with shirts of every possible size. It would be a lot less bearable, if not for the kindness, sharing, and pleasant conversation. Thanks everybody!
    Well said. 
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    edited September 2018
    Does anyone know what the story is with the St. Christopher keychain?

9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    ski-bum said:
    Does anyone know what the story is with the St. Christopher keychain?

They sold these before (maybe 2009), and they were very popular. As for the design and inspiration, St Christopher is the patron saint of travel. His Catholic superpower is helping others on their journey. It's nice to see him rocking the mic. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    I got your Mumford here 

DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    pjl44 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Clearly there is sneaky shit going on in Boston. No way they sell everything out in 20 minutes 
    If Gern was serious about an employee offering to hold some back for $...
    Totally serious... Almost took her up on it but too much of a trust factor 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    There's that whole ethical thing if you took her up on it, like the teachers telling you you're supporting organised crime if you buy a bag of weed.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • What’s strange to me is when I was out there for foo fighters in July there was zero issue with merch—stands all over the place-plentiful posters. I don’t understand how PJ manages to absolutely fuck up this merch situation and FF can figure out a good system.  

Wrigley a few weeks ago was bad but Boston sounds worse. I’m hitting the merch line at ten am tomorrow when my flight gets in with “hopes” for a chance at Mumford.
  • Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Did they have posters for sale inside fenway back in ‘16?
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    What’s strange to me is when I was out there for foo fighters in July there was zero issue with merch—stands all over the place-plentiful posters. I don’t understand how PJ manages to absolutely fuck up this merch situation and FF can figure out a good system.  

Wrigley a few weeks ago was bad but Boston sounds worse. I’m hitting the merch line at ten am tomorrow when my flight gets in with “hopes” for a chance at Mumford.
    I think the desire is not quite the same for the foos posters. Don't get me wrong tho. I like the foos and they had some great posters on this tour, but we can't compare them to PJ fans and the poster madness that we bring.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    edited September 2018
    Heading in from the south shore. If you see a guy in green Notre Dame #3 football jersey that may be me, say hello.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    What’s strange to me is when I was out there for foo fighters in July there was zero issue with merch—stands all over the place-plentiful posters. I don’t understand how PJ manages to absolutely fuck up this merch situation and FF can figure out a good system.  

I think the desire is not quite the same for the foos posters. Don't get me wrong tho. I like the foos and they had some great posters on this tour, but we can't compare them to PJ fans and the poster madness that we bring.
    +1. It’s the fan craze with PJ. I was walking out of the Foos show in Toronto and still saw posters at a booth. 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Fixer13 said:
    Did they have posters for sale inside fenway back in ‘16?
    Yes and I actually got the Thomas in 2016 at a stand that was set up when I walked out of fenway
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Massara133Massara133 Stettler AB Canada Posts: 430
    Most ppl were buying for themselves and friends but there was a kid with an analog shirt and his mom who must have bought their full allotment (10 each). They spent a good 10-20 min rolling.
    There was a kid right in front of me wearing an Analog shirt with his Mom. I had a huge smile on my face thinking how great it is to see a teenager so into this band. They were the in the second group of people to get let into the store and I was at the front of the third group. I saw him with five poster tubes and pretty sure he had five posters (1 of each) I didn’t see him rolling posters (because I had been let in by that time) but he struck me as the type that was so excited about his purchase he spent a lot of time carefully rolling them. I think he was a fine example of what I’d like to see in the next generation of PJ fans.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    No merch line right now 

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    ^^^^official merch stands outside of the venue hurts the other vendors.  Think of the little guys!

i bought some of my favorite PJ shirts stuck in concert traffic from street vendors. 
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Most ppl were buying for themselves and friends but there was a kid with an analog shirt and his mom who must have bought their full allotment (10 each). They spent a good 10-20 min rolling.
    There was a kid right in front of me wearing an Analog shirt with his Mom. I had a huge smile on my face thinking how great it is to see a teenager so into this band. They were the in the second group of people to get let into the store and I was at the front of the third group. I saw him with five poster tubes and pretty sure he had five posters (1 of each) I didn’t see him rolling posters (because I had been let in by that time) but he struck me as the type that was so excited about his purchase he spent a lot of time carefully rolling them. I think he was a fine example of what I’d like to see in the next generation of PJ fans.
    What, the new generation of flippers! Lol somebody already said he and his mom both had at least 2 of every poster.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    pjl44 said:
    No merch line right now 

That shirt is insulting to the rest of the band 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    the somebody said stories are always exaggerated here.  go figure.
  • the somebody said stories are always exaggerated here.  go figure.
    Every great story gets obscured by the truth.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    If that’s the case then my bad. Good for him.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    Horse2345 said:
    What, the new generation of flippers! Lol somebody already said he and his mom both had at least 2 of every poster.
    I’m only going off what I saw and I admittedly did not see it all (didn’t see what his mom purchased) but he struck me as a kid who loves this band, Convinced his mom to take him Fenway, and wanted posters from the show.

Did he buy four copies of each?
    If that’s the case then my bad. Good for him.
    Sounds like it’s more my bad, if he brought his mom and he bought two of each and she bought 2 of each then that’s not cool at all.
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    see how things get blown outa proportion...

"somebody said" ......  "at least 2 of each poster"......  "both of them" 

total bullshit.

see how things get blown outa proportion...

"somebody said" ......  "at least 2 of each poster"......  "both of them" 

total bullshit.

Hard to have the facts when you’re just observing.
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Hard to have the facts when we're on an internet forum talking about this stuff and should be just trying to focus on enjoying the music there guys.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    It’s a merch topic. There will always be insanity

Merch upon entrance much easier than the early morning rush.
  • MB93672MB93672 Posts: 255
    It’s a merch topic. There will always be insanity

Merch upon entrance much easier than the early morning rush.
    What did you score on the way in?