***Official U2 Appreciation Thread***

Comments

• TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    TFlyer said:
    I'm sure there are people who have had positive experiences with the U2 fan club but mine has been anything other than that and I couldn't ever honestly suggest something to someone where I genuinely felt like I was shafted out of my money. And I know I'm not the only one because there's large threads on their forums expressing related stress. 

Answer me this...if you were in my position, where you were restricted from posting in the forums (that is supposidly part of what you paid for) and your membership item came a year late and damaged would you feel happy with what you paid for? 

I still enjoy the music that the band makes but I think that their fan club is an absolute load of nonsense, especially after being part of the 10club and seeing how well things are handled here.
    It's been a joke for me too, I have everything shipped to my work address, in December of last year they shipped the JT vinyl singles without my name on the shipping label, and no email notification they were shipped, so they were shipped back since my name wasn't in the shipping label, been waiting for the records ever since, and the 10inch set from the previous year, I keep getting the same answer that they are currently out of stock.
    Exactly! This is what I was trying to discuss in the forum! That I couldn't get an answer from anyone as to what was going on with my package and one of the mods blocked me from posting. He sent me a message saying something along the lines of "stop repeating yourself you're being restricted for abusive behavior."  When mine was eventually delivered it just showed up. I got a message saying it was allocated and being prepared for shipment and weeks later they arrived in poor condition. I feel like it's useless trying to get a hold of anyone at this point after the horrible experience I've had so far! And I couldn't even contact anyone of the forum if I wanted to...

I had no sort of warning or anything (about the ban) and I wasn't repeating myself I was simply trying to figure out what was going on and trying to get help in tracking down my package. 
  • I got Zooropa and Achtung Baby in the mail today.

Listening to Zooropa right now!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    I don't know why but mine have been shipping separately. I got the "singles" a couple days ago, achtung is on the way and haven't received anything on Zooropa yet... strange shipping method.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I got Zooropa and Achtung Baby in the mail today.

And?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Pop & Zooropa, man oh man. Just so good. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Pop & Zooropa, man oh man. Just so good. 
    Yeah definitely.  I really like these two albums now. Talk about two different types of sound for the band: from Joshua tree and achtung baby to zooropa and pop. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    mcgruff10 said:

And?!
    Cut and mastered well. Sound amazing. Flat and quiet. 
  • mcgruff10 said:

And?!

Lemon!!!
    mcgruff10 said:

And?!

Lemon!!!
    Just ordered zooropa on vinyl...will be here Saturday. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

And?!

Lemon!!!
    Just ordered zooropa on vinyl...will be here Saturday. 

I've been really busy the last few days, but I've managed to spin the whole album. Solid. Exactly what I had hoped for.
    mcgruff10 said:

And?!

Lemon!!!
    Have they performed this song live? Do people actually like this song?
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    On the Zoo TV tour they did. they also came out to a remix of it for the Pop Mart tour encores. 

I don't think its a top tier popular U2 song, but its memorable single and people do enjoy it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_dLirLT6cA
    edited August 2018
    On the Zoo TV tour they did. they also came out to a remix of it for the Pop Mart tour encores. 

I don't think its a top tier popular U2 song, but its memorable single and people do enjoy it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_dLirLT6cA
    Thank you for the info!  Lemon definitely feels like it could fit on pop.  
  • thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    I bought every single album by U2 from Boy through No Line On The Horizon. Gotta be honest, I lost the plot on Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience. There's a few gems on those albums for sure, but it really wasn't the same for me after How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. Legendary band...appreciate they are still putting out new material, wish PJ would do the same.
    spinning zooropa as I type....it sounds great!  I am glad I bought it.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    spinning zooropa as I type....it sounds great!  I am glad I bought it.

I haven't even listened to Achtung Baby yet. Zooropa has been on my turntable since it arrived.
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Been waiting for the Europe tour premiere in Berlin tonight, and there are no audio streaming. Boo hoo.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    bluegrace said:
    Been waiting for the Europe tour premiere in Berlin tonight, and there are no audio streaming. Boo hoo.
    Gotta wonder if they'll switch up the NA setlists. I wasn't a fan of them - mind you, I didn't attend one of the shows so maybe it's better than what it reads "on pauper."
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Show stopped tonight in Berlin after a few songs, Bono "completely lost" his voice.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier said:
    Show stopped tonight in Berlin after a few songs, Bono "completely lost" his voice.
    Age hasn't been super kind to Bono.

He's been on the ropes for a while now- a fraction of his former self.

I still love the shows, but I'd be a liar if I tried to say he was still as good as ever.
    Poncier said:
    What?!??
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I felt so sorry for him, I was listening to the audio stream, he couldn't sing at all during Beautiful Day, he just spoke the words instead.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Poncier said:

I still love the shows, but I'd be a liar if I tried to say he was still as good as ever.
    I thought he sounded great in June...
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Poncier said:

I thought he sounded great in June...
    He has moments for sure, but he has other moments as well. It's no fault of his own age ha taken its toll on him.

Don't get me wrong- I love U2. But a fair assessment of his vocal range is one that concedes his limitations.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    The bike accident in NY a few years ago and mysterious near death experience a couple of years ago have really slowed him down IMO.  The shows still kick ass though
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    mr bungle said:
    The bike accident in NY a few years ago and mysterious near death experience a couple of years ago have really slowed him down IMO.  The shows still kick ass though
    Don't forget about that bad back of his in 2010 that postponed the 2nd NA leg of the 360 tour until 2011.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    Yes! I was going to mention that also! The guy has to have chronic pain!?
  • PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    edited September 2018
    It was a scary moment as it happened so sudden and seemingly without warning. I was at the show and the cancellation worried everyone, also because Bono himself looked terrified, which also shocked the band.
    The good news is that apparently the tour can continue. The concert is rescheduled for November 13th (right after the Dublin dates).
    https://www.u2.com/news/title/back-on-song-back-to-berlin

"I've seen a great doctor and with his care I’ll be back to full voice for the rest of the tour. So happy and relieved that anything serious has been ruled out. My relief is tempered by the knowledge that the Berlin audience were so inconvenienced. There was an amazing atmosphere in the house, it was going to be one of those unforgettable nights but not for this reason… We can’t wait to get back there on November 13th." - Bono
    Post edited by Popmartijn on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Man, that must be high on a performers list of worst case fears. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    U2 concert ends early after Bono loses voice in Berlin

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/topnews/u2-concert-ends-early-after-bono-loses-voice-in-berlin/ar-BBMLprL?li=AAggSpD&OCID=ansmsnnews11

Swa U2 last fall ... show sucked.  Will never see them again...
    Give Peas A Chance…