15. Angry World
    16. Love And War
    17. Peaceful Valley Boulevard
    18. Out On The Weekend
    19. The Needle And The Damage Done
    20. Heart Of Gold
    ---
    21. Tumbleweed

Some really disrespectful assholes in the audience, but he handled them pretty well. I don't understand what compels someone to yell bullshit out to an artist while they're working. No one here paid to hear you yell "Freebird," and you're too old to be that wasted in public, losers.
    I kind of had some drunk skank behind me ruin the entire show for me when I saw Neil a couple years ago. It's infuriating that one asshole can be so horribly disruptive and awful for so many other people, and there is nothing you can really do about it, since it's not against the rules to be an annoying, obnoxious, mouthy, drunk skank.
    You should have smacked her. Or at least lobbed gum in her hair. These would have taught her for sure.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    Great set from Neil last night. 

1. On The Way Home
    2. Long May You Run
    3. Homefires
    4. My My, Hey Hey (Out Of The Blue)
    5. Already One
    6. Only Love Can Break Your Heart
    7. Mellow My Mind
    8. Ohio
    9. There's A World
    10. Horseshoe Man
    11. Are You Ready For The Country?
    12. After The Gold Rush
    13. Speakin' Out
    14. Tonight's The Night
    15. Angry World
    16. Love And War
    18. Out On The Weekend
    20. Heart Of Gold
    ---
    21. Tumbleweed

Some really disrespectful assholes in the audience, but he handled them pretty well. I don't understand what compels someone to yell bullshit out to an artist while they're working. No one here paid to hear you yell "Freebird," and you're too old to be that wasted in public, losers.
    I kind of had some drunk skank behind me ruin the entire show for me when I saw Neil a couple years ago. It's infuriating that one asshole can be so horribly disruptive and awful for so many other people, and there is nothing you can really do about it, since it's not against the rules to be an annoying, obnoxious, mouthy, drunk skank.
    Next time that happens, try this:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    lolobugg said:
    brianlux said:
    Neil Young Goes Record Shopping (and finds Neil Young bootlegs Records!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL88cjBWI6c

!972 I think ... very cool video.
    Awesome!

This is great. did he end up paying for it?
    No he did not pay.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    Finally got Roxy because it dropped to like $13 on Amazon. My side 3 had a huge scratch across the whole side so I'll be returning it unfortunately. Sides A/B had a little warp but sounded great. Were there issues with this pressing that I missed, or just bad luck?
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

1. On The Way Home
    2. Long May You Run
    3. Homefires
    5. Already One
    7. Mellow My Mind
    8. Ohio
    9. There's A World
    10. Horseshoe Man
    12. After The Gold Rush
    13. Speakin' Out
    14. Tonight's The Night
    15. Angry World
    16. Love And War
    18. Out On The Weekend
    20. Heart Of Gold
    ---
    21. Tumbleweed

You should have smacked her. Or at least lobbed gum in her hair. These would have taught her for sure.
    Honestly, I was afraid she'd attack me and go full-on drunk chick brawler on me if I did something like that, lol. She was horrendous - almost a caricature of roughneck trailer trash lady. She actually started trash talking and mocking the nice family next to me for wearing hearing protection for the show FFS.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 771
    edited July 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

1. On The Way Home
    2. Long May You Run
    3. Homefires
    5. Already One
    7. Mellow My Mind
    8. Ohio
    9. There's A World
    10. Horseshoe Man
    12. After The Gold Rush
    13. Speakin' Out
    14. Tonight's The Night
    15. Angry World
    16. Love And War
    18. Out On The Weekend
    20. Heart Of Gold
    ---
    21. Tumbleweed

Honestly, I was afraid she'd attack me and go full-on drunk chick brawler on me if I did something like that, lol. She was horrendous - almost a caricature of roughneck trailer trash lady. She actually started trash talking and mocking the nice family next to me for wearing hearing protection for the show FFS.

Shitty. She sounds like the same woman who physically attacked my wife at PJ night 2 Toronto 2016. She was drunk and kept throwing her arms up and backing into my wife. My wife very politely asked her stop backing up into her. The woman started to scream bloody murder swung for my wife and said she would kill her. I got myself between them and the woman’s husband tried to control her. Just when everything seemed okay, the woman attacked my wife again. That’s when her husband grabbed her and removed her from the area... thank god. It really spoiled a good chunk of the show for us. Fucking people!

• Yah.

People can sometimes legitimately be a deterrent sometimes. It doesn't matter where you go... there's always an idiot or two in your vicinity.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2018
    Would Neil Young fill these venues in 2018:

Providence Civic Center, Kiel Auditorium, New Haven Coliseum, Centrum Worcester, Georgia Coliseum, Cow Palace, Mc Nichols Sports Arena, Madison Square Garden, Market Square Arena, Riverfront Coliseum, Maple Leaf Garden, Nassau Coliseum

(Id wager yes, but  another guy is saying no)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Saw now many of these are gone. Fuck my question.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Saw now many of these are gone. Fuck my question.
    Winterland!  :frowning:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    Finally got Harvest Moon on vinyl because Amazon had it down to $14. Sound is good, not as good as his other represses. I have a few small nonfill issues on mine that I’ve read about, apparently thats par for the course. 

Why does it not have the ORS or any tag on the spine? It’s ruining my collections flow!
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • pjpitt89 said:
    Finally got Harvest Moon on vinyl because Amazon had it down to $14. Sound is good, not as good as his other represses. I have a few small nonfill issues on mine that I’ve read about, apparently thats par for the course. 

Why does it not have the ORS or any tag on the spine? It’s ruining my collections flow!
    Could it be because of it being recorded digitally?
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

Great read, thanks for posting it, goldrush. 

"...those songs have left a mark on me..."

I don't listen to Harvest much these days, partly because the songs- pretty much every note-  are permanently etched in my brain.  That record really left a mark on me.  That mark is so many things to me- beautiful, haunting, lonesome, inspiring, sorrowful, uplifting, melancholy, joyful, depressing, memorable, grounding and unforgettable. 

• brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

Great read, thanks for posting it, goldrush. 

"...those songs have left a mark on me..."

I don't listen to Harvest much these days, partly because the songs- pretty much every note-  are permanently etched in my brain.  That record really left a mark on me.  That mark is so many things to me- beautiful, haunting, lonesome, inspiring, sorrowful, uplifting, melancholy, joyful, depressing, memorable, grounding and unforgettable. 
    Yes, it's amazing.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mazel tov
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I've got this badass hanging up in my garage.

Image result for neil young mirrorball promo poster

www.cluthelee.com

Awesome!

brianlux said:

Awesome!
    Mirrorball era
    www.cluthelee.com
    brianlux said:

Awesome!
    Mirrorball era
    Is that the image that’s made up of the different pieces in the booklet?

(Tim Rogers)
    Apparently Neil and Daryl Hannah have gotten married.  Good for them.  They always look happy together.

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Auntie Daryl?
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:

Awesome!
    Mirrorball era
    Is that the image that’s made up of the different pieces in the booklet?
    Yep! 

www.cluthelee.com
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    What's a reasonable price to pay for a NM copy of Ragged Glory?
    bflynn1 said:
    What's a reasonable price to pay for a NM copy of Ragged Glory?
    I think I paid around £80 for my copy last year, including shipping from the UK to Australia

(Tim Rogers)
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Wait for the reissue?
    edited September 2018
    my2hands said:
    Wait for the reissue?
    I would.  I have an original release and because Ragged Glory is an hour long and was released on one record, both the grooves and sound are fairly thin.  This needs a double vinyl re-issue with nice big fat grooves to match the glory of that awesome ragged music! 

Edit:  I just noticed on Discogs there is a double vinyl reissue out of Europe but I'd still wait for it to be officially released- probably going to get better sound that way and, besides, we all know how Neil feels about unofficial releases!

Post edited by brianlux on