Cant Ed pay for some cloud-seeding?

We need less seeds. We need Monsanto Clouds
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622

We got this!
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Did you photoshop 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    PJNB said:
    The bigger concern is the lightning, which hopefully will be on the front side of the storm which may hit around 5pm based on that forecast.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Well, I love this...

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • For the Saturday show I am in section 417, row 4. My Monday tickets are for section 412. Looks like the slight over hang may keep me dry on Monday, depending on if the wind is blowing the rain. This also assumes it is just a rain shower Monday and not an all out thunderstorm and lightening that might cancel the show 
    Wrigley 8/18/18
    Wrigley 8/20/18
    Fenway 9/2/2018
    Fenway 9/4/2018

• Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    Unfortunately it's continuing to trend towards a widespread moderate to heavy rain event for Monday. "Large shield of rain" is not the phrase you want to find in the forecast discussions when planning an outdoor event. And those precipitable water values (PWAT) in the 2" range are the kind of thing more commonly seen here in Florida.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
    I really do not care about the rain. This is coming from a guy that has no hotel room and is going to the airport after the show. The lightning can fuck off right now. 
  • jjsimon99jjsimon99 Chicagoland Posts: 20
    Big difference between 13 and 18 - 13 was on a Friday. Can’t be playing at 1:30 on a weekday. Just don’t see Chicago doing this. Based on the most recent report I just saw (wife works for local news here) I hate to say but it’s looking real much like the show will be cancelled tomorrow night and refunds will be issued based on weather. 
    Orlando, Florida (August 23, 1992)
    Chicago, Illinois (June 18, 2003)
    Chicago, Illinois (August 23, 2009)
    Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013)
    Moline, IL (October 17, 2014)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Chicago 1 (August 18, 2018)
    Chicago 2 (August 20, 2018)
    St. Louis (April 4, 2020)

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    jjsimon99 said:
    Big difference between 13 and 18 - 13 was on a Friday. Can’t be playing at 1:30 on a weekday. Just don’t see Chicago doing this. Based on the most recent report I just saw (wife works for local news here) I hate to say but it’s looking real much like the show will be cancelled tomorrow night and refunds will be issued based on weather. 
    I think 2013 was more of a special event too and they moved a mountain to be able to play so late.  5 shows later... not so sure
    jjsimon99 said:
    Why would you think cancelation and not moved to Tuesday?
  • 1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    jjsimon99 said:
    While the folks around Wrigley might not take kindly to a show going late, do they want the crowd there on Tuesday again?  I’d say get it in. 

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    2013 was awful. Nothing like being stuck in 90 degree Wrigley in the concourse for 2 hours while it stormed out. That wAs an awful night 
    I remember my low point for the evening in that broiling, sweaty concourse as the storm roared outside - after waiting in a concession line that mysteriously didn't move for over an hour, I just had to sit down on the filthy Wrigley floor and gnaw on a stale soft pretzel before I fainted from hunger. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited August 2018
    PJNB said:
    jjsimon99 said:
    I think they know so many of us travel for these shows and Tuesday is not an option. Between an extra day off work, last minute stay for an extra night somewhere and changing flights, it would probably double the cost of my entire trip or more.
    If they had intentions of moving for weather, why not Sunday? But that would have to be announced before now.
    Otherwise I bet they’ll just play what they can, if we only get a 90 minute show because of weather and curfew, that’s better than moving to Tuesday.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    edited August 2018
    PJNB said:
    jjsimon99 said:
    According to weather.com, it's basically 12 hours of thunderstorms, 4pm Mon - 4am Tue. That's a lot of water to recover from. Dark Sky is showing rain/light rain Mon afternoon/evening. I'd almost rather they push it farther at this point if they are going to make a move. A straight cancellation would be heartbreaking. 

Arena tour 2019, please!

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    edited August 2018
    Holy shit. Looking at prices at flights coming home on Wednesday instead of Tuesday. Fuck! We booked with Flightnetwork of course and no insurance so I am guessing we are shit out of luck to change our flight a day. I hate calling them. Anyone have experiences doing this? Just trying to be prepared for all outcomes. 
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    PJNB said:
    Holy shit. Looking at prices at flights coming home on Wednesday instead of Tuesday. Fuck! We booked with Flightnetwork of course and no insurance so I am guessing we are shit out of luck to change our flight a day. I hate calling them. Anyone have experiences doing this? Just trying to be prepared for all outcomes. 
    Southwest = No Change Fees
    Though it was impossible to know we might need this back in Feb
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
    PJNB said:
    Anyone have experiences doing this? Just trying to be prepared for all outcomes. 
    The few times I've looked into changing a flight in the past, it's cheaper just buy a different one way ticket than it is to pay the absurd change fees. I also don't think flight insurance would have helped you. Seems like its basically only effective if you end up in the hospital or something. 

• mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    Looking at Storm App from WU. 

Downside: it’s GOING to rain. It’s goong to be windy. And they are calling for lightning. 

The only silver lining is looking at rain volume: the bulk of the rain will fall from 4-6pm tapering off around 7 and slowing to a drizzle from 8pm on.... as of now 

Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    PJNB said:
    No change fees is a little misleading.
    Although I think their policies are the best and most customer friendly.
    You still have to pay the fare difference. The difference from a flight you booked months ago vs a flight day of is likely hundreds, they just won’t charge a “change fee” on top of that.
    So it’s still going to be very pricey for anyone on SW
    edited August 2018
    PJNB said:
    Anyone have experiences doing this? Just trying to be prepared for all outcomes. 
    The few times I've looked into changing a flight in the past, it's cheaper just buy a different one way ticket than it is to pay the absurd change fees. I also don't think flight insurance would have helped you. Seems like its basically only effective if you end up in the hospital or something. 

Ya I just did some quick research and I think you are right. My wife has some major anxiety on this one right now especially considering we have a 5 month at home and we were trying to make it a 24 hr trip in and out. Rain all it wants. I think rain would add to the show but as everyone knows the unpredictability of the T-storms is going to really fuck with planning. Especially if we are even allowed to enter the field before the show combined with the curfew.  
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Ya I just did some quick research and I think you are right. My wife has some major anxiety on this one right now especially considering we have a 5 month at home and we were trying to make it a 24 hr trip in and out. Rain all it wants. I think rain would add to the show but as everyone knows the unpredictability of the T-storms is going to really fuck with planning. Especially if we are even allowed to enter the field before the show combined with the curfew.  
    I know man, such a shitty situation for everyone traveling between costs, work, kids. Hopefully they provide some guidance soon. I travel a ton for shows and this is always a risk. Good to know your options but hopefully Monday happens and we all just get wet. You know they're thinking about it based on EV's Wash lyrics yesterday. 

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    so might be 2013 all over again?

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/209170

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJNB said:
    Too late now for some people, but word to the wise: never ever book flights for concert travel without buying cancellation/change insurance. Concerts get cancelled or postponed for all kinds of reasons.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    PJNB said:
    Too late now for some people, but word to the wise: never ever book flights for concert travel without buying cancellation/change insurance. Concerts get cancelled or postponed for all kinds of reasons.
    Still would be traveling to a world class city though.

Absolute worst case: would be a bummer if the show got cancelled but still a bunch of bitchin’ things to do in the city!

Just putting a positive on it.
    PJNB said:
    jjsimon99 said:
    Because Cubs are back Thursday. It takes a lot to get the field back and ready to play. 

Looking at Storm App from WU. 

Downside: it’s GOING to rain. It’s goong to be windy. And they are calling for lightning. 

The only silver lining is looking at rain volume: the bulk of the rain will fall from 4-6pm tapering off around 7 and slowing to a drizzle from 8pm on.... as of now 

But it’s the lightning. 2013 they had to take the speakers down for safety reasons. Took a while to get them back up. Lightning at 8:00 means big delay.. and a hard 11:00 curfew means no show.

• EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Play 2 shows at the United Center.  One tomorrow people out of town and another Wednesday for Locals.  Wishful thinking.  It has rained liked 3 days in Chicago over the last month too
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis