What's the estimated wait time for Seattle merch

12345679»

Comments

• shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    So frustrated with merch lines, stood in line 3 times and once the sizes I needed were gone and the other two I wasn't willing to miss half the show.  Man, I live here, haven't seen them since 2013 and I can't get a fuckin shirt to my hometown show.  The staffing is bad, completely understaffed everywhere.  Was in line inside for close to two hours pon the 200 level and we moved maybe 15 feet.  I'm done whining,  I just want a damn shirt/hoodie.  ;(
    I hear you. I live like 2 miles away and still haven't talked myself into waiting through that shit. I thought having a tent open for a week was gonna make it easy to grab some merch but things have gotten to such an insane level that that is apparently not the case.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • gleng2gleng2 Detroit Posts: 157
    About 150 in line now. 
    Former member of “Thomas 9” 10-2-2018 #neverforget
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    sherm said:
    So frustrated with merch lines, stood in line 3 times and once the sizes I needed were gone and the other two I wasn't willing to miss half the show.  Man, I live here, haven't seen them since 2013 and I can't get a fuckin shirt to my hometown show.  The staffing is bad, completely understaffed everywhere.  Was in line inside for close to two hours pon the 200 level and we moved maybe 15 feet.  I'm done whining,  I just want a damn shirt/hoodie.  ;(
    I hear you. I live like 2 miles away and still haven't talked myself into waiting through that shit. I thought having a tent open for a week was gonna make it easy to grab some merch but things have gotten to such an insane level that that is apparently not the case.
    I biked home from work Monday, and there was almost no line, and I didn't stop, I kind of regret that now, but got the one poster I wanted Wednesday night.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I remember going to Wrigley in '16 the day before the show thinking the merch line wouldn't be too bad.  We probably waiting 2-2.5 hours but I got everything I wanted.  I bought the last trading card in one of the boxes so the guy gave me the box.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    Any updates?  Line length, stuff sold out?
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    gleng2 said:
    About 150 in line now. 
    That isn't bad considering it is a Friday and the day of the show.
  • Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 75
    I went yesterday at 3pm. Was at the end of the line inside the fence (at that point it didnt extend across the street) and waited exactly 3 hours. 
    Would have been shorter/faster if the tent line we ended up in moved quicker. That's the biggest gamble/crapshoot. They should have just had everyone queue up in single line and let the next available merch person take them, instead of the stupid system they currently use.
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Any setlist shirts left in XL?

My shameless plug if anyone can grab one for me. I'll pay for yours if you get me one.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Killer_BKiller_B Posts: 52
    Reposting in hopes of a response...I was at the show on Wednesday but left town before the setlist shirts went on sale. Can anyone pick me up a large set list shirt? I have plenty of other shirts to trade from mystery boxes and/or am willing to pay for your shirt in return. I’m also willing to throw in a Home Shows pale ale for your trouble. Please PM if you can help. Thanks.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2018
    So I'm going to the Jack White show on Sunday, and I just got one of those emails sent out by the venue (Rogers Arena) to outline the details surrounding the show (doors time, special security rules, etc), and it included this:

"Pre-Order Tour Merchandise
    Vanbase marks the first time an arena has given fans an opportunity to pre-order gear and have it delivered to your home or picked up at Rogers Arena. Reserve merchandise for pickup at the show outside the Canucks Team Store at section 113.
    Please note online orders will close at 8:00PM on the day of the show."

And here's the website - looks like the merch for the related show is put on there the day before each show (there is a Panic! At the Disco show tomorrow):
    https://vanbase.ca/collections/concert-merchandise

Well now that's a good idea!!!! This is obviously something done by Rogers Arena in Vancouver specifically, not the artist. Every venue should do this!!!

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Wolf359 said:
    I went yesterday at 3pm. Was at the end of the line inside the fence (at that point it didnt extend across the street) and waited exactly 3 hours. 
    Would have been shorter/faster if the tent line we ended up in moved quicker. That's the biggest gamble/crapshoot. They should have just had everyone queue up in single line and let the next available merch person take them, instead of the stupid system they currently use.
    THIS!!! On Tuesday evening I had about 30 people behind me when they closed the gate. I was one of the last customers there due to the line I got stuck in. The 7-9 people in front of me all together bought well over a hundred shirts along with posters, hats,etc. Two ladies must have looked at every single one tried on or held them up and discussed each one. WTF? You're in line for an hour and a half looking at your phones, then when you get to the tent entrance you got time to look at the options on the poster by the door. Also as others have suggested a poster only or an Express line with a total item limit would be great for people who just are getting a few items and know what they want. 
  • Dr. JDr. J Posts: 75
    One last try.  

Any one willing to grab a large sized night 1 set list shirt?  We were only in town for night one and left the next morning, so we had no chance to grab one.  Will pay for shipping, of course.  PM if you can help out!  Thanks!
  • Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 75
    This Onion-like article is applicable to the merch situation....
    http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/08/09/local-dickhead-spends-45-minutes-choosing-craft-beer/

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Dr. J said:
    One last try.  

Any one willing to grab a large sized night 1 set list shirt?  We were only in town for night one and left the next morning, so we had no chance to grab one.  Will pay for shipping, of course.  PM if you can help out!  Thanks!
    I hope you get one.

But if you don't, maybe they will sell them here? I think they did for the Wrigley show in 2013.