*** Seattle, WA Fanviews Here 8/8/18 ***

Comments

• potnikpotnik Posts: 440
    Wow!  I can't thank the 10C enough.  25 years of consecutive 10C membership sure pays off in terms of seat location.  What a show!  I can't enjoy GA with all the standing and shoving so I got reserved seating.  Floor M row 7 on the aisle.  Wound up 4 rows behind Dave Krusen on one side of us, Jill V four rows up on the other side.  Bronson Arroyo a couple rows over.  Iron Chef Michael Forgione three rows over as well.  Kim Thayill walking by all the time.  And a pile of the coolest fuckers all around having a great time with none of the usual drunken dramas you tend to see.  My guest turned out to be old friends of Jill's guests so when Jill went backstage for a while we went and said hi to her friends.  I wound up spending half the show in Jill's seat until she returned.   Such a great show.  Loved all the covers, especially We Are Going to be Friends with Ed's girls and their teachers.  The band were in great spirits and seemed to be having a blast.  There is something different and special about seeing the band in my hometown and theirs.  Thank you thank you.
    I can't state it better.  Show 72 for me.  And the first since Philly 4.  The people around me were amazing and met a bunch of new friends.   

If there is one request I have it is Oceans for August 10.  Some how I have missed it all these years and it is hands down my favorite.  No matter what happens, thank you for 28 years!

Jeremy

• potnikpotnik Posts: 440
    dh27 said:
    Just wanted to jump in here for a bit of perspective... I flew from the other side of the world for these shows - seeing the band in their home town was a bucket list trip for me. I’ve seen them play most of those songs before, and a lot of the covers. I get why people didn’t like it, and won’t neg on those that feel that way.

But I had an absolute blast. They sounded better than they have in years. Everyone was in great spirits. There was a great mix of fan favourites and tunes for the diehards. When you come home after a long time away - you want to party with your friends - that’s the vibe I took away from the show and loved it. Still the greatest band in the world!
    Cheers
  • I periscoped in and enjoyed it very much. If you want some exploration in sound, Mike's Even Flow solo was outergalactic. The Help, Help Help jam had Ed stealing the show back right after too. Black was awesome as always, and also had great unique sounds. I swore Ed said 11 billion dollars and I was shocked at that high of a total. Today I read it was over 11 million. Anyone else think he said billion?
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Did anyone else hear Eddie sing “Oh, Andy, can you see this now?” in Release. I got  goosebumps during that song.
    sroy1978
  • sp1984sp1984 New Hampshire Posts: 140
    edited August 2018
    I took my my wife and 7 and 10 year old daughters. It was their first concert and I cant say enough nice things about the PJ family. Our section was great. We took the kids to grab a quick bowl of ice cream and Black came on, so my wife and I slow danced while they ate it in the lounge :)

With a band as popular as this who have been around this long, they’re never going to please everyone. I just hope everyone else has as great of time as we did and has safe travels. Thanks to the band and their crew!

Oh, and we finally heard YL!!! Our wedding song!! We got indifference the last two closers. Third times the charm!

enjoy the rest of the tour, everyone!!
    Love this!! 

Congrats on YL!!  We did PJ's cover of Love Reign O'er Me for our first dance (our wedding PJ setlist was 33% covers  :o ), which we got to hear live at Fenway 2 last time. 
    Tampa 04/16
    Fenway 1 08/16
    Fenway 2 08/16
    Fenway 1 09/18
    Fenway 2 09/18
    PJ songs at our wedding: Love Reign O'er Me (1st dance); Sirens (last dance); Long Road (Momma-Son dance). 
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Got to meet the very lovely Jill Vedder. 

Nice 
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • DP247380DP247380 Posts: 16
    Hey just rolled into town. So pumped for tonight. We GA. Can anyone share how long the GA line was for Wednesday to get in??
  • snowrider_04snowrider_04 Berkeley, CA Posts: 90
    What a fun night. First show since Oakland 2013, first Seattle PJ show, and firrst show with my buddy Dan. I’m of the mindset that because I don’t get to see as many shows as I’d like I’m happy with what I get. Solid setlist, the hometown vibe, and warm people make the entire experience super chill and fun. That said, of course I would have liked to hear more songs from Vitalogy and No Code but so what. I’m thankful for what the band throws at us, so happy I got to experience it in Seattle. Wish I was going tonight, have fun ya’ll.
    Live & Loud: A list of every concert I've been to.
    Vintage Four Wheels: If you like vintage cars.

2022: Oakland 1, Oakland 2 • 2018: Seattle 1 • 2014: Mountain View (BSB) • 2013: Philadelphia 1, Philadelphia 2, Oakland • 2011: Oakland 1 (EV), Oakland 2 (EV) • 2009: San Francisco (Outside Lands) • 2008: Berkeley (EV) • 2006: San Francisco 1, San Francisco 2 Mountain View (BSB) •  2000: Mountain View • 1999: Mountain View (BSB) • 1992: Stanhope (Lollapalooza)
  • JW180998JW180998 Friday Harbor, WA Posts: 1
    Fabulous show Wednesday night.  Love whatever the boys choose to play, but my hope was to open with Long Road, which I hadn't seen before.  Long Road-Release-Low Light-Small Town as the lead into Corduroy put me over the moon.  Goosebumps, like I got when they covered Mother at Vancouver in 2013.  So everything after Corduroy was bonus...  Yes it was personal, before family, friends, neighbors.  They have rich lives and shared that with us, and I'm grateful to have been there, in the 4th row thanks to 10C tickets.  Love the covers, which add to the uniqueness of each show.  And the exhibit at MoPOP was cool, my favorite part being the wall covered with fan comments, many of which were simple thanks.  My plus 1 hadn't seen PJ since Lollapalooza '92, and was blown away that they still had it after all these years.  Wish I could be there tonight...
  • djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 181
    edited August 2018
    Still processing the show nearly two days later. My cousin and I drove up from Portland and had a PJ filled day (Sleight of Hand Cellars, MoPop, Heritage Distilling). Had no problems getting into the venue at all. 8th show for me but this was my first pit experience and it was so great meeting other members and chatting. Highlight for us was meeting a mother (Annette) and her 15 year old daughter (Alex) who flew all the way from Australia for the show. Alex reminded me so much of my 14 year old self seeing PJ for the first time 22 years ago. My cousin helped her hold up her Australian flag and she gave it to him as a thank you. We regret not exchanging info to stay in touch. If you’re out there, we want to hear from you! You made a great night even more memorable. 
    As for the show, seems like the band really brought extra intensity. The sound was perfect at Safeco. Absolutely can’t wait for this bootleg. Hope those who are going tonight have as great a time as we did!
    Post edited by djjazzy276 on
  • AaronKampAaronKamp PNW Posts: 12
    I'm the bookkeeper for our vanpool (cooking the books > driving) and when I logged in the news feed from WashDOT had some great suggestions for getting to the show, so I thought I'd share. 

'91:  8/23, 12/15 | '92:  1/3, 7/22 | '93:  9/5, 12/7, 12/8, 12/9 | '95:  2/5, 6/24, 9/13, 11/4 | '96:  9/14 | '98:  7/19, 7/21, 7/22
    Y2K:  5/10, 8/4, 11/2, 11/5, 11/6 | '01: 10/22 | '02: 12/8 | '03:  5/30 | '05:  3/18, 9/1 | '09:  9/22
    '18:  8/8, 8/10, 8/13
  • T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 390
    What an incredible show!  Just wow.  And I've been to around 30 shows (lost count).  This was the furthest I've traveled to see the band, leaving from Philadelphia at 8:00 AM on Wednesday.  Landed, tried to check into our hotel (rooms weren't ready yet), got lunch, walked around, back to hotel, shower, pre-game drinks at Quality Athletics, nice 2 hour wait in the most ridiculous line of all-time, and then it was FINALLY showtime!  This show made it all worth it!  The band was on fire.  I loved the set list.  The crowd was great.  Just an epic evening all-around! 

We were on a plane back to Philly at Noon the next day.  I'm still horribly jet-lagged, but don't regret it one bit.  Chicago is up next!  I can't wait to see what the boys will bust out on Monday the 20th!  

Only negative comment about this whole experience was that line getting into Safeco.  Dear, God.  It was like they'd never hosted an event at that stadium.  I don't know what was going on, but it was a complete and utter cluster getting in.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • epieepie Posts: 290
    Flew in from Boston with a buddy for this show and had a blast.  A great three day experience and met some great people I hope to see again in Boston.  Always nice to be with my second family :)  I am surprised nobody has mentioned Corduroy at all.  I thought Mike's solo was awesome and it felt a little more extended than usual.  Anyone else?  For those lucky enough to go to night two as well, enjoy!   
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 181
    epie said:
    Flew in from Boston with a buddy for this show and had a blast.  A great three day experience and met some great people I hope to see again in Boston.  Always nice to be with my second family :)  I am surprised nobody has mentioned Corduroy at all.  I thought Mike's solo was awesome and it felt a little more extended than usual.  Anyone else?  For those lucky enough to go to night two as well, enjoy!   
    Totally agree about Corduroy. Mike got a mini solo before the breakdown that I don’t think I’ve ever heard before.
  • This was my first PJ show. It is one of my favorite concerts. I've seen U2 (Eddie sang at one of the concerts), Foo Fighters, GNR, Metallica, Paul McCartney (whose sound guys at Safeco were not as good as PJs), Alice in Chains, Mumford and Sons, Adele... This concert ranks up there. Absolutely no complaints.

Sad my wife could not go with me, but when Yellow Ledbetter came on, I needed to dance with someone. Meet a woman who gladly danced with me... If that woman is you (I'm sorry in my slightly drunken stupor, I forgot your name! But I remember you are from Portland, raised in Guadalajara, and at your 29th PJ show, on your way to tonights show, and Chicago) thank you for a great dance!

Also meet a father who brought his 10 year old son. Part of the reason my wife couldn't make it was because she was taking care of our 5 month old son. Hope in 10 years, I can take my son to see the boys in Seattle again! 

Cheers! 
  • dstanfield80dstanfield80 Posts: 108
    edited August 2018
    I am lucky enough to share this show with my 11 yr old son. I figured this experience was worth sharing with someone I loved and took him on the adventure. Flew into Seattle for my first GA show and his first time seeing PJ. We lined up at 7 and met some great people during the day. He had a fabulous group around him for the show. We got up to the rail on Mike's side. Ed chatted about him for a bit, misunderstanding it was his fourth show. This week had been amazing for him. The love and sense of community has been awesome.

If any of you would happen to have some pics of him on screen I would love copies for his collection of photos from the trip. He was the guy in the yellow pj hat and glasses. Please PM me.

Let's enjoy night two!
    Post edited by dstanfield80 on
  • Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 313
    Stone's solo during RITFW was especially awesome.
  • adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    Great great set list.  I loved the opening four songs.  Highlight for me was All those yesterday’s and my 6 year olds favorite song Lightning bolt.  Love that song!!

Night 2 had a great set list to but IMO every set list is good in their own unique fashion.  
  • Phenomenal show... probably my 3rd best, and 2nd best setlist.  Missed hearing Jeremy, Why Go, and Crown of Thorns, but they had to save something for Friday.  Got my second Release, and the best by far... loved the emphasis Mike put on at the end... can't wait for the boot. My vids from the night...

Comfortably Numb
    https://youtu.be/rfa-JpFOFos

Again Today w/Brandi Carlile
    https://youtu.be/FRbxf2yE1iA
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Agree with kruesch. One of the many things I love about the band is that they aren't robotically playing all the expected "hits" I loved the surprises of hearing something unexpected as much as I was thrilled to hear them play B side songs and ones from 10, etc.  I love hearing them play songs (other than their own) that mean something to them, or that they want to have mean something to us in the context of the overall show. And isn't being surprised an important part of any live performance experience? They sounded amazing, the energy was f'ing awesome, my friend and I had a blast, and I was just so happy and grateful to be there, especially because it's so hard to get tickets and I just happened to get lucky this time, that I wouldnt have cared if they did 10 covers of nursery rhymes--it's f'ing Pearl Jam. Live. In Seattle. Next time, give your ticket away to someone who will appreciate it if you don't!
    Yes yes and YES!!

Although... I hope no one from the band takes your nursery rhyme show idea seriously, cuz I don't even want to see PJ do 3hrs of nursery rhymes!  =)
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    potnik said:
    Wow!  I can't thank the 10C enough.  25 years of consecutive 10C membership sure pays off in terms of seat location.  What a show!  I can't enjoy GA with all the standing and shoving so I got reserved seating.  Floor M row 7 on the aisle.  Wound up 4 rows behind Dave Krusen on one side of us, Jill V four rows up on the other side.  Bronson Arroyo a couple rows over.  Iron Chef Michael Forgione three rows over as well.  Kim Thayill walking by all the time.  And a pile of the coolest fuckers all around having a great time with none of the usual drunken dramas you tend to see.  My guest turned out to be old friends of Jill's guests so when Jill went backstage for a while we went and said hi to her friends.  I wound up spending half the show in Jill's seat until she returned.   Such a great show.  Loved all the covers, especially We Are Going to be Friends with Ed's girls and their teachers.  The band were in great spirits and seemed to be having a blast.  There is something different and special about seeing the band in my hometown and theirs.  Thank you thank you.
    I can't state it better.  Show 72 for me.  And the first since Philly 4.  The people around me were amazing and met a bunch of new friends.   

If there is one request I have it is Oceans for August 10.  Some how I have missed it all these years and it is hands down my favorite.  No matter what happens, thank you for 28 years!

Jeremy

Well you got it and your namesake song!
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • PearlgirlePearlgirle Seattle Posts: 1

Born and raised 41 year-old Seattleite posting for the first time here. After living through the height of the grunge years as a young teen, I finally had my chance to see Pearl Jam live on Wednesday night. Somehow, the chance had evaded me. I saw Soundgarden at the Coliseum (now Key Arena) in 1990 at Bumbershoot, but as a young teen wasn’t able to get to all that I wanted at the time.  I spent my youth head banging to grunge in my room, with my dubbed tapes, my posters, going to what shows I could. And finally, I got my chance, and I wasn’t going to let seeing PJ in our home town escape me.

This was a dream come true. Reading through this thread, it seems some are forgetting that this was a *homecoming*, and a benefit show. It was a love fest for us the locals, for them the band, and the city we love. It was full of historical references and stories, family, songs that were meant for us, and for the cause they were supporting. It was touching, emotional, natural and organic in the place it was born. It was PERFECT. 

From watching Friday’s show, it was more of a get down to business type show, more for the traveling tourists. Perfectly awesome in its own way. But, Wednesday was a first time back to the city in 5 years kind of show. I wanted the love fest, and that’s what I got.  And an EPIC first PJ show, that I hope to add to.

My favorite moment: when Eddie was gradually introducing members of the band, he got to the story leading up to Matt Cameron…that Randy Johnson’s favorite band was Soundgarden. The big screen showed Matt’s face, and the crowd gave the most tender, passionate, and persistently lingering applause…the longest applause of the night, if not both shows. We all knew this moment was for Chris. Sometimes the subtle tributes are the most moving.

I love my city. I love this band.

To top it off, got to see Mudhoney perform live at SubPop's 30th Anniversary beach party at Alki yesterday! I feel complete.

• BH87446BH87446 Posts: 113
    I’m still digesting everything from Wednesday; what an incredible experience... gf and I drove up from Sacramento on Monday, spent Tuesday kicking around the city (Easy Street records is awesome!), and then Wednesday went and checked out the exhibit at MoPOP before the show. This was my 16th PJ show (if you include TOTD), and my first time in Seattle since I was a kid, and I’ve gotta say, it was worth the 24+ hours in the car (round trip), and the slightly horrifying motel we stayed in. I’d put this show easily in my top three PJ shows (although nothing will ever top 1995 at Cal Expo- freakin’ Bad Religion opened!!!), and top ten of any shows I’ve ever been to. Hope you all were as elated as we were!
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,221
    edited August 2018

Post edited by Ernie Vedder on
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,221
    edited August 2018

Post edited by Ernie Vedder on
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • jimfishjimfish Detroit Posts: 51
    sanjitroy said:
    Did anyone else hear Eddie sing “Oh, Andy, can you see this now?” in Release. I got  goosebumps during that song.
    I missed that on Wednesday - but went back and watched the YouTube of it - and DAMN!   Exactly what he said!
  • SV2828SV2828 Posts: 66
    kruesch said:
    i've never posted here, but felt i had to, cause y'all some spoiled ass mother fuckers.   nit picking that the show was no good because you didn't hear a song you've never heard before.   when you are actually at a show, and better man comes on, it's awesome.   the crowd loves it.  the energy is great.   looking at it on paper, you breeze past it.  but who gives a shit about the setlist.   just enjoy the show for what you get, not complaining about what you didn't 
    Man i couldnt agree more -- well said.  Ive been to lots of shows and while it is fun to speculate before the show about what youd like to hear or think youll hear or the opening three or whatever....it is such a downer when people get on what they didnt play afterwards.  Both these shows were epic ones in their own right.  A great energy in the building, fun in the air, good people for the most part. 

What i REALLY noticed this weekend in Seattle is that there are certain peoiple that think they own this band or have stocks in it, think they have a say, or own the spot where they stand, and no one can move past or get by or the elbows go out and the "stare forward" happens.  Just cause you have 3 t-shirts and i only have 2 left (cause i wore the other 8 out) doesnt mean anything.  We all love this band or we wouldnt go through the lines and BS to get in the building.  Just enjoy the show. 

I am heading to Boston in a few weeks and I dont think i am owed anymore as a person travelling from Vancouver than a fan that lives 3 blocks away from Fenway.  People should relax and realize how lucky we are that almost 30 years into this, our favourite band it still playing live (and still together!) and knocking it out of the park every night they play.  

And for the record, they pick GREAT covers.
    9/22/96 - Toledo, 7/19/98-Vancouver, 7/21/98-Seattle, 11/5/00-Seattle, 12/8/02-Seattle, 5/30/03-Vancouver, 9/2/05-Vancouver, 7/22/06-Gorge,WA, 9/22/09-Seattle, 9/25/09-Vancouver, 9/26/09-Portland(Ridgefield)-Calgary, 9/21/11-Edmonton, 9/23/11-Vancouver, 9/25/11, Portland 11/28/13, Spokane 11/29/13, Calgary 12/2/13, Vancouver 12/4/13, Seattle (Home Shows) 8/8+8/10/18, Fenway (Away Shows), 9/2+9/4/18, (Vancouver 5/4/24), (Vancouver 5/6/24)

EV: Vancouver, 4/2/08 + 4/3/08 - Seattle, 7/16/11, Amsterdam, 6/10/2019
  • SV2828SV2828 Posts: 66
    Both these shows were great.  And the MoPop exhibit is WELL worth it.  So cool to see for a long time PJ fan.  Hope you all can experience on the rest of the tour what we experienced in Seattle. . . . Enjoy!  See you in Boston. .. . (Still looking for NIght 1 tix  :open_mouth: )
    9/22/96 - Toledo, 7/19/98-Vancouver, 7/21/98-Seattle, 11/5/00-Seattle, 12/8/02-Seattle, 5/30/03-Vancouver, 9/2/05-Vancouver, 7/22/06-Gorge,WA, 9/22/09-Seattle, 9/25/09-Vancouver, 9/26/09-Portland(Ridgefield)-Calgary, 9/21/11-Edmonton, 9/23/11-Vancouver, 9/25/11, Portland 11/28/13, Spokane 11/29/13, Calgary 12/2/13, Vancouver 12/4/13, Seattle (Home Shows) 8/8+8/10/18, Fenway (Away Shows), 9/2+9/4/18, (Vancouver 5/4/24), (Vancouver 5/6/24)

EV: Vancouver, 4/2/08 + 4/3/08 - Seattle, 7/16/11, Amsterdam, 6/10/2019
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    SV2828 said:
    kruesch said:
    i've never posted here, but felt i had to, cause y'all some spoiled ass mother fuckers.   nit picking that the show was no good because you didn't hear a song you've never heard before.   when you are actually at a show, and better man comes on, it's awesome.   the crowd loves it.  the energy is great.   looking at it on paper, you breeze past it.  but who gives a shit about the setlist.   just enjoy the show for what you get, not complaining about what you didn't 
    Man i couldnt agree more -- well said.  Ive been to lots of shows and while it is fun to speculate before the show about what youd like to hear or think youll hear or the opening three or whatever....it is such a downer when people get on what they didnt play afterwards.  Both these shows were epic ones in their own right.  A great energy in the building, fun in the air, good people for the most part. 

What i REALLY noticed this weekend in Seattle is that there are certain peoiple that think they own this band or have stocks in it, think they have a say, or own the spot where they stand, and no one can move past or get by or the elbows go out and the "stare forward" happens.  Just cause you have 3 t-shirts and i only have 2 left (cause i wore the other 8 out) doesnt mean anything.  We all love this band or we wouldnt go through the lines and BS to get in the building.  Just enjoy the show. 

I am heading to Boston in a few weeks and I dont think i am owed anymore as a person travelling from Vancouver than a fan that lives 3 blocks away from Fenway.  People should relax and realize how lucky we are that almost 30 years into this, our favourite band it still playing live (and still together!) and knocking it out of the park every night they play.  

Just an observation: I've been to a lot of shows in GA over the years, and I only see the elbows come out and the stare-downs happen when someone is arriving LATER than those who waited forever, and trying to get IN FRONT of those who waited forever.  On that front, to me, it doesn't matter who's loved them longer or has more shirts, it simply matters when you arrived at the venue.  No one has the right to push their way (or even just walk their way) in front of those who did it the fair and right way..
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    justam said:
    There’s something so delightful about hearing “I’ve got a feeling.”  I’m glad they played it last night.
    Yah, it's a pretty amazing cover.  BTW sometimes I don't count them as covers if they recorded the cover in the studio.
    JH6056 said:
    SV2828 said:
    kruesch said:

Just an observation: I've been to a lot of shows in GA over the years, and I only see the elbows come out and the stare-downs happen when someone is arriving LATER than those who waited forever, and trying to get IN FRONT of those who waited forever.  On that front, to me, it doesn't matter who's loved them longer or has more shirts, it simply matters when you arrived at the venue.  No one has the right to push their way (or even just walk their way) in front of those who did it the fair and right way..
    I also agree.   It was different when we were all young.  The front of the pit was insanity, and it was a non-issue diving through all the people to get into the mosh pit.  It's different at GA when you're older.  It's first come first serve.   People wait hours to days to get their spots.   It's pretty assaholic budging up in front of the people that waited in line.

I have to admit, I didn't think the budging was too bad.   I did my best to read who I saw go out and let them by.   When it was a "couple" or people arrived in multiples, you know they weren't up there already.  Then you hold your ground.     You also need to keep inching forward.  Never leave space around you.  Vulchers will take advantage of it :)