What's the estimated wait time for Seattle merch

Comments

• Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    sherm said:
    quasi said:
    KW6232 said:
    renelesur said:
    How does the bag policy work if you buy merch or a poster outside of the stadium?  Can you bring that in or do you have to check that at the locker place outside of Safeco?  If you don't have a hotel or car nearby, is it best to buy merch inside of the stadium?

Where do you park and how much is parking near the merch?
    You could bring the poster tube in but no large bags. You would have to check it in the lockers. You'd be better lining up early in line to get in stadium and being first to get merchandise inside. We lined up about 4. Doors opened at five went to the merchant table on floor. 10 minute wait for merch. Lines on the 100 level merch booths were ridiculous. 
    Saw people from my position on the floor waiting in that 100 level merch line during the show which made me laugh. Really? You'll stand in line for t-shirts and miss the show? Priorities I guess. Well, I guess they can still hear the music.
    I went to the bathroom once around 10pm and the lines were still crazy long for Merch.
    The couple of times I went to grab a beer or hit the restroom I could not believe how many people were spending their time in long ass merch lines during the show. No thanks.
    Likely they didn’t have tickets and could hear the music while getting Merch. Sounds good to me 
    I believe he meant the merch lines inside the facility
    Yes, the inside lines were long during the entire show.
  • renelesurrenelesur Dallas, TX Posts: 83
    So with all of the talks about bags and purses not being let in, what do you do with your stuff if you buy merch before the show.  If you don't have a hotel or car nearby to store your stuff, will they let you in with your merch?  Or do you either use the storage kiosk that everyone talks about or wait to buy your merch inside of the stadium.  Thoughts???

11/15/2013 - Dallas, TX; 11/16/2013 - Oklahoma City, OK;

8/10/2018 - Safeco Field, Seattle, WA; 8/18 & 20/2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL; 9/2 & 4/2018 - Fenway Park, Boston, MA

7/8 & 9/2022 - Hyde Park, London, EN,   UPCOMING: Nashville, St. Louis, OKC

• Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
    Just saw the merch tent from the bus....looks like the switch backs are full. Couldn’t see if there was an overflow line. My money is on yes. 
  • shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    sherm said:
    quasi said:
    KW6232 said:
    renelesur said:
    How does the bag policy work if you buy merch or a poster outside of the stadium?  Can you bring that in or do you have to check that at the locker place outside of Safeco?  If you don't have a hotel or car nearby, is it best to buy merch inside of the stadium?

You could bring the poster tube in but no large bags. You would have to check it in the lockers. You'd be better lining up early in line to get in stadium and being first to get merchandise inside. We lined up about 4. Doors opened at five went to the merchant table on floor. 10 minute wait for merch. Lines on the 100 level merch booths were ridiculous. 
    Saw people from my position on the floor waiting in that 100 level merch line during the show which made me laugh. Really? You'll stand in line for t-shirts and miss the show? Priorities I guess. Well, I guess they can still hear the music.
    I went to the bathroom once around 10pm and the lines were still crazy long for Merch.
    The couple of times I went to grab a beer or hit the restroom I could not believe how many people were spending their time in long ass merch lines during the show. No thanks.
    Likely they didn’t have tickets and could hear the music while getting Merch. Sounds good to me 
    Thats exactly what I meant. Kinda mind blowing.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Can anyone give an update on merch line wait? And are setlist shirts still available?
    I gather speed . . . Great Western Forum - Jul 13, 1998; Great Western Forum - Jul 14, 1998; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 03, 2003; Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003; Santa Barbara County Bowl - Oct 28, 2003; Gorge Amphitheatre - Sep 01, 2005; Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006; The Forum - Jul 09, 2006; Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006; Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008; United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    United Center - Aug 24, 2009; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana -May 07, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
    EV Solo 2008: LA1, Boston 1, DC1
    EV Colo 2009: Nashville 1&2
    Dead Man Walking: The Concert: March 29, 1998
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    friend is on line now.  he was on the across the street line at 3:24 and at 4pm was in the fenced rope area.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • So about a three hour wait?
    I gather speed . . . Great Western Forum - Jul 13, 1998; Great Western Forum - Jul 14, 1998; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 03, 2003; Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003; Santa Barbara County Bowl - Oct 28, 2003; Gorge Amphitheatre - Sep 01, 2005; Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006; The Forum - Jul 09, 2006; Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006; Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008; United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    United Center - Aug 24, 2009; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana -May 07, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    I've been 8n line for 2 hours. Almost in the tent now
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • sherm said:
    quasi said:
    KW6232 said:
    renelesur said:

This is so hard to believe! Why would anyone miss the show to wait in line for merch??
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Killer_BKiller_B Posts: 52
    I was at the show last night but already headed out of town. Can anyone pick me up a large set list shirt? I have plenty of other shirts to trade from mystery boxes and/or am willing to pay for your shirt in return. Please PM if you can help. Thanks.
  • If anyone is going to show tomorrow night and would be ok grabbing me a large of the set list shirt from last night. Please please please. Will get you a beer or two during the show. Can’t wait the three hours today. Send me a note if you are able to hook me up. Please 
    1996- New York - Downing Stadium
    1998- Tibetan Freedom Concert
    2000- Seattle
    2005 - Vancouver
    2009- Vancouver
    2011-Vancouver
    2013 - Vancouver
    2016 - Ottawa
    2016 - Toronto 1
    2016 - Toronto 2
    2018 - Seattle 1
    2018 - Seattle 2
  • renelesur said:
    So with all of the talks about bags and purses not being let in, what do you do with your stuff if you buy merch before the show.  If you don't have a hotel or car nearby to store your stuff, will they let you in with your merch?  Or do you either use the storage kiosk that everyone talks about or wait to buy your merch inside of the stadium.  Thoughts???

Last night I saw a dude that rolled up one of those cloth cinch bag in his pocket.  There is no metal in it, so after going thru security he unrolled it and muled his stuff around backpack style.  I will be doing that for Friday's show so I don't have to jam my pockets with unopened water bottles..  Also, in the GA merch stands (at least the one in right field) they had paper bags for people to carry their stuff around.  I know there are locker rentals near the stadium, but I have not used them so I have no idea what the deal is with those.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    renelesur said:
    I didn’t buy any merch, but we were told by security that merch bags from the outside tents would be allowed inside the venue. Can’t tell you for sure if this was the case, I was too busy juggling my phone, wallet, earplugs, protein bars and water to pay attention to what was going on around me :lol:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Sending cool thoughts to everyone in line. It's so hot out! :relieved: I waited in a line at a food truck in a parking lot for 2 minutes yesterday and almost fainted. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Sending cool thoughts to everyone in line. It's so hot out! :relieved: I waited in a line at a food truck in a parking lot for 2 minutes yesterday and almost fainted. :lol:
    Lightweight
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    PJ_Soul said:
    Lightweight
    Oh yeah, I'm a total wuss about it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    OMG People are now flipping Gyros.... :open_mouth:  Yeah, buy out all the Gyros and flip them for twice as much.  Heck if they could put a bottle of air from PJ20 on the bay, you could but a Gyro from Seattle 1 on there too.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Any setlist shirts left?
  • Also what about posters, pins, stickers - anything left for today? Slim pickings after show last night.
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Buddy got in at 630. 3 hour line. Skull keychain was sold out. He got everything he and I wanted. Klausen. Hoodie. Coaster. Kid stuff. 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    renelesur said:
    They were very strict about the bag sizes. Anyone with a bag that didn't fit dimensions was turned away. It's kind of senseless when you figure that a vast majority are buying merch outside and have a tote bag that doesn't fit the requirements. I would plan on using the storage kiosk if you're going to buy merch outside and then go into the show. The other option is to buy merch inside. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
    edited August 2018
    OMG People are now flipping Gyros.... :open_mouth:  Yeah, buy out all the Gyros and flip them for twice as much.  Heck if they could put a bottle of air from PJ20 on the bay, you could but a Gyro from Seattle 1 on there too.
    That's messed up!!
    ... Are the gyros good at least?
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    ZeldaZonk said:
    renelesur said:
    They were very strict about the bag sizes. Anyone with a bag that didn't fit dimensions was turned away. It's kind of senseless when you figure that a vast majority are buying merch outside and have a tote bag that doesn't fit the requirements. I would plan on using the storage kiosk if you're going to buy merch outside and then go into the show. The other option is to buy merch inside. 
    Were they turning away people with merch bags? Security told the GA line that merch bags purchased from outside merch tent would be allowed in the venue. I didn’t have one so can’t validate but that’s not good if they are being inconsistent.

• I saw several people in GA who had their merch purchases slung over their shoulder.  I figured those were people who were made to dump their merch bags upon entering Safeco.  One dude next to me had quite a number of shirts on his shoulder for the whole concert.  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    Lightweight
    IT was all downhill after she hit 42. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Suziemay said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    renelesur said:
    Were they turning away people with merch bags? Security told the GA line that merch bags purchased from outside merch tent would be allowed in the venue. I didn’t have one so can’t validate but that’s not good if they are being inconsistent.

We didn't have one because we bought our merch inside, but they told anyone in our line at the center field gate that no bags larger than the specified dimensions could come in. We didn't see anyone being allowed in with them at that entrance, so I think people had to go store them. Sounds like it may have been different info at the GA entrance. Very unorganized to say the least.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    I got there right before 7 and the guys wouldn’t let me in and said they closed the gates at 5,  annoyed especially because i came straight from a 13 hour drive but I’ll try tomorrow.  I just want my 1 poster!
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Rise-AboveRise-Above Posts: 111
    So frustrated with merch lines, stood in line 3 times and once the sizes I needed were gone and the other two I wasn't willing to miss half the show.  Man, I live here, haven't seen them since 2013 and I can't get a fuckin shirt to my hometown show.  The staffing is bad, completely understaffed everywhere.  Was in line inside for close to two hours pon the 200 level and we moved maybe 15 feet.  I'm done whining,  I just want a damn shirt/hoodie.  ;(
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there....there's much more than this.
    www.myspace.com/kryslowe
  • Rise-AboveRise-Above Posts: 111
    Also, a woman in front of me literally filled a rolling suitcase she brought along.  Totally greedy, don't buy it ALL, possibly to re-sell.  They need limits, obviously people can't behave themselves...
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there....there's much more than this.
    www.myspace.com/kryslowe
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    So frustrated with merch lines, stood in line 3 times and once the sizes I needed were gone and the other two I wasn't willing to miss half the show.  Man, I live here, haven't seen them since 2013 and I can't get a fuckin shirt to my hometown show.  The staffing is bad, completely understaffed everywhere.  Was in line inside for close to two hours pon the 200 level and we moved maybe 15 feet.  I'm done whining,  I just want a damn shirt/hoodie.  ;(
    This is awful - I'm sympathetic for your experience.