What's the estimated wait time for Seattle merch

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    SZ303389 said:
    And also, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that they should have one long queue and when you get to the front, you go to the next available agent. Then if some clueless person takes half an hour to try on every shirt available, they don't hold up everyone in their line, while other people in other lines just sail on ahead.
    Right!??  Common sense is not so common
    No kidding. I can't believe that isn't what's happening. I thought ALL queues worked like that now.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    ZeldaZonk said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    I'm definitely getting mine inside. Forget this nonsense of waiting outside for 2-3 hours. Both days I've seen the length of the line and kept driving. I did manage to find street parking two blocks away, so I'm chilling in the a/c until it's time to go in.
    I'm hanging at a friend's place in West Seattle. Popped into Zelda Zonk's consignment late this morning. Is that your store?!?
    LOL Ironically no, and the funny thing is that I found out about that store about a year or so ago. I can't get over the coincidence of the store having the same name and in the same city. So odd! I keep meaning to go in there but haven't. How was the store? Any goodies?
    Yes, a nice shop. Some nice things but wasn't in the mood for shopping.  (I was on a mission to find was an inexpensive 4.5" x 6.5" purse that I could use for the shows. I didn't read about the bag size restrictions before I left home. But no luck). 
    I'll have to make a point to go in there sometime. Too bad you didn't have any luck finding a small purse. Yeah, the bag restrictions are really insane. I was surprised when I found out because I haven't been to any of the games there, so I had no idea either. So inconvenient! 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
    ZeldaZonk said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    I'm definitely getting mine inside. Forget this nonsense of waiting outside for 2-3 hours. Both days I've seen the length of the line and kept driving. I did manage to find street parking two blocks away, so I'm chilling in the a/c until it's time to go in.
    I'm hanging at a friend's place in West Seattle. Popped into Zelda Zonk's consignment late this morning. Is that your store?!?
    LOL Ironically no, and the funny thing is that I found out about that store about a year or so ago. I can't get over the coincidence of the store having the same name and in the same city. So odd! I keep meaning to go in there but haven't. How was the store? Any goodies?
    Yes, a nice shop. Some nice things but wasn't in the mood for shopping.  (I was on a mission to find was an inexpensive 4.5" x 6.5" purse that I could use for the shows. I didn't read about the bag size restrictions before I left home. But no luck). 
    Whaat? They listed a way bigger size than that before - I looked it up. Did they just change it last minute or what? That's really unreasonably small IMO. I was allowed to take a bigger purse than that into an Eagles of Death Metal show in January FFS, and they were victims of a terrorist massacre on high alert.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    If you have Ten Club reserved just get  it inside the stadium, who wants to wait 3 hours in the hot ass sun for a souvenir that you get at the event?
    PJ_Soul said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Whaat? They listed a way bigger size than that before - I looked it up. Did they just change it last minute or what? That's really unreasonably small IMO. I was allowed to take a bigger purse than that into an Eagles of Death Metal show in January FFS, and they were victims of a terrorist massacre on high alert.
    It's extremely small. I got the dimensions from a Safeco rep when I called yesterday, but I think it was posted on Twitter also. 
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    PJ_Soul said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Yup. It's tiny. I can't even fit my wallet in that size. Someone posted the safeco rules somewhere of FB... 
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
    PJ_Soul said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Yup. It's tiny. I can't even fit my wallet in that size. Someone posted the safeco rules somewhere of FB... 
    I totally believe you - I am just shocked that someone making the rules thought that seemed okay. Must have been a man making up the dimensions, lol.
    Now we are being told no cameras. That came straight from security.
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Nothing other a Android or iPhone

It was just a regular camera, but they told us no. The sign can be misleading.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Hopefully shorter than the DMV where i have the pleasure of being right now

no hardcore fans either with their $3k home collection purchases.  Just a lot of folks.  
    Dude...last time I was at the DMV...this group in front of us taking forever buying up vanity plates. Maxed out everything...commercial, combination...sold them out of farm. Who has that many cars? I knew what was up.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    ZeldaZonk said:
    It was just a regular camera, but they told us no. The sign can be misleading.
    Sign says audio and video recording device other than a mobile phone. That covers anything between a pro camera and a phone IMO
  • renelesurrenelesur Dallas, TX Posts: 83
    How does the bag policy work if you buy merch or a poster outside of the stadium?  Can you bring that in or do you have to check that at the locker place outside of Safeco?  If you don't have a hotel or car nearby, is it best to buy merch inside of the stadium?

11/15/2013 - Dallas, TX; 11/16/2013 - Oklahoma City, OK;

8/10/2018 - Safeco Field, Seattle, WA; 8/18 & 20/2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL; 9/2 & 4/2018 - Fenway Park, Boston, MA

7/8 & 9/2022 - Hyde Park, London, EN,   UPCOMING: Nashville, St. Louis, OKC

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    pjl44 said:
    Hopefully shorter than the DMV where i have the pleasure of being right now

no hardcore fans either with their $3k home collection purchases.  Just a lot of folks.  
    Dude...last time I was at the DMV...this group in front of us taking forever buying up vanity plates. Maxed out everything...commercial, combination...sold them out of farm. Who has that many cars? I knew what was up.
    Flippers brother.  Flippers
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Shuss is going to be the Kong. Very limited and its selling out first. WTF....
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
    edited August 2018
    Anyone suggesting merch lines will be shorter inside the venue may be mistaken. The two I saw were wrapped around the concourse. 
    I was lucky because I got in as soon as doors opened and waited only a few minutes at merch. It wasn't long before it was really crazy, though.
  • EugeneEugene Posts: 114
    Got on line at 7pm was out by 740 with everything I wanted. Nothing was sold out thought it would be a great time to go as show was starting. 
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    renelesur said:
    How does the bag policy work if you buy merch or a poster outside of the stadium?  Can you bring that in or do you have to check that at the locker place outside of Safeco?  If you don't have a hotel or car nearby, is it best to buy merch inside of the stadium?

Where do you park and how much is parking near the merch?
    You could bring the poster tube in but no large bags. You would have to check it in the lockers. You'd be better lining up early in line to get in stadium and being first to get merchandise inside. We lined up about 4. Doors opened at five went to the merchant table on floor. 10 minute wait for merch. Lines on the 100 level merch booths were ridiculous. 
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    edited August 2018
    MEK42 said:
    What are the chances of getting to the stadium around 5-5:30PM and getting merch before the show starts inside?
    No problem. We arrived at 5:05 PM and my friend got in the merch line at 5:45 and had all his stuff by 6:45. We were on the floor (non-pit). I think the merch lines in the upper levels were longer though.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • I passed a couple merch tables on the 100 level after the show.  The lines were a bit long, but there were stacks of all of the posters except the RV one.  Can't say what shirts were left, but there seemed to be a load of stuff.  
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    edited August 2018
    KW6232 said:
    renelesur said:

You could bring the poster tube in but no large bags. You would have to check it in the lockers. You'd be better lining up early in line to get in stadium and being first to get merchandise inside. We lined up about 4. Doors opened at five went to the merchant table on floor. 10 minute wait for merch. Lines on the 100 level merch booths were ridiculous. 
    Saw people from my position on the floor waiting in that 100 level merch line during the show which made me laugh. Really? You'll stand in line for t-shirts and miss the show? Priorities I guess. Well, I guess they can still hear the music.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Nothing other a Android or iPhone

Great...I'm gonna have to leave my fireworks at bag check. Ugh 
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    quasi said:
    KW6232 said:
    renelesur said:

Saw people from my position on the floor waiting in that 100 level merch line during the show which made me laugh. Really? You'll stand in line for t-shirts and miss the show? Priorities I guess. Well, I guess they can still hear the music.
    I went to the bathroom once around 10pm and the lines were still crazy long for Merch.
  • Anyone seen the line today yet?
    I don't want to think, I wanna feel....

2.5.95 Seattle
    9.16.96 Seattle
    7.18.98 Portland
    7.21.98 Seattle
    7.22.98 Seattle
    10.30.99 Mountain View, CA
    10.31.99 Mountain View, CA
    5.10.00 Bellingham, WA
    11.2.00 Portland, WA
    11.3.00 Boise, ID
    11.5.00 Seattle, WA
    11.6.00 Seattle, WA
    10.22.21 Seattle, WA
    9.1.05 George, WA
    7.6.06 Las Vegas, NV
    7.22.06 George, WA
    7.23.06 George, WA
    6.28.08 Mansfield, MA
    9.21.09 Seattle, WA
    9.22.09 Seattle, WA
    11.29.13 Portland, OR
    12.6.13 Seattle, WA
    8.8.18 Seattle, WA
    8.10.18 Seattle,WA
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Anyone seen the line today yet?
    People were in line at 8
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Is it fully wrapped around outside?  Opening at 12?
    1996- New York - Downing Stadium
    1998- Tibetan Freedom Concert
    2000- Seattle
    2005 - Vancouver
    2009- Vancouver
    2011-Vancouver
    2013 - Vancouver
    2016 - Ottawa
    2016 - Toronto 1
    2016 - Toronto 2
    2018 - Seattle 1
    2018 - Seattle 2
  • shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    quasi said:
    KW6232 said:
    renelesur said:

I went to the bathroom once around 10pm and the lines were still crazy long for Merch.
    The couple of times I went to grab a beer or hit the restroom I could not believe how many people were spending their time in long ass merch lines during the show. No thanks.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • sherm said:
    quasi said:
    KW6232 said:
    renelesur said:

The couple of times I went to grab a beer or hit the restroom I could not believe how many people were spending their time in long ass merch lines during the show. No thanks.
    Likely they didn’t have tickets and could hear the music while getting Merch. Sounds good to me 
    1996- New York - Downing Stadium
    1998- Tibetan Freedom Concert
    2000- Seattle
    2005 - Vancouver
    2009- Vancouver
    2011-Vancouver
    2013 - Vancouver
    2016 - Ottawa
    2016 - Toronto 1
    2016 - Toronto 2
    2018 - Seattle 1
    2018 - Seattle 2
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    sherm said:
    quasi said:
    KW6232 said:
    renelesur said:

Likely they didn’t have tickets and could hear the music while getting Merch. Sounds good to me 
    I believe he meant the merch lines inside the facility
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville