The Official UFC/MMA Thread

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Wobbie said:
    loser “sport.”
    why are you so obsessed with it if you hate it so much?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

so in a week, Nurmagomedov has been scheduled to fight:

Tony Ferguson. Pulled out due to injury. 
    Max Holloway. Doctors won't let him compete (apparently the weight cut was too dangerous on short notice)
    Anthony Pettis. Didn't make weight. 
    Al Iaquinta. Coincidentally, a Long Island native. 

What a crazy card. 

McGregor has been released on $50K bail and is allowed to go back to Ireland. Who knows if he'll ever be back. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    guessing McGregor is next to follow in Rousey's footsteps in going to the wwe.  would be funny if he made an appearance at Wrestlemania this year :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Wobbie said:
    loser “sport.”
    why are you so obsessed with it if you hate it so much?

I only post when I’m drink. still, I think it’s a “sport” for and of losers.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I can’t believe people are actually buying this McGregor crap. Dana’s not a good enough actor to pull this off. UFC is getting desperate and realize they have to keep going to new extremes to hype their brand. 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    DewieCox said:
    I can’t believe people are actually buying this McGregor crap. Dana’s not a good enough actor to pull this off. UFC is getting desperate and realize they have to keep going to new extremes to hype their brand. 
    That sounds like some foil hat in grandma's basement kind of talk.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    DewieCox said:
    What? Mcgregor was arrested. People were hurt. 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    Desperate times call for desperate measures. 
    DewieCox said:
    Desperate times call for desperate measures. 
    Desperate times?  Not really.  Not at all.
    Sour grapes?
    UFC has been going downhill for several years. Maybe not desperate, as there are plenty of dipshits that eat this type of stuff up, but they’re always going to have to find a way to top themselves when it comes to the hype. This seems like the next logical step. Maybe it went a little further than they planned but nobody truly believes that McGregor was acting on his own, do they?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

Clearly a publicity stunt.  The media is eating it this up.  So dumb.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Clearly a publicity stunt.  The media is eating it this up.  So dumb.

I thought this at first, but 2 guys ended up in the hospital.  1 guy had shards of broken glass in his eye and got pulled from the card tonight....I doubt they're going to these extremes for a publicity stunt.  This is real life, not WWE.  
    If the UFC was desperate enough to plan an execute a stunt like this they would have made a slew of different choices, like they wouldn't have let Jon Jones be out of the Octagon for so long.  It doesn't benefit the UFC to have it's best fighters suspended indefinitely, that's a ridiculous notion.  
    UFC has no choice in the matter with Jones. He failed several drug tests and was suspended. 

Look how they’ve let McGregor behave. People become numb to those antics and you can watch how it escalated fight after fight, so they always have to do it bigger and better.

A cancelled fight is well worth it for the amount of publicity they’ve received over this. Why has there not been a hint of this guy getting dumped for good?

It’s a sport void of superstars and a viewing public that needs superstars. 

I'm firmly in the middle on the conspiracy fence. I mean, it would deligitimize the sport to no end if this was staged. but it could have been something like dana or whomever telling Conor "hey, this is where Khabib is going to be at this time" and see how it played out. Obviously, it didn't play out the way they planned it, if they planned it. 

for them to have used the footage on Embedded to promote the PPV is just insane and what makes me think it's possible it was encouraged. 

now dana has been quoted as saying he's talked to Conor and "we're good". even if it wasn't staged/encouraged, it's disgusting that White would let McGregor get away with it without any repercussions from UFC. If not fired, which he absolutely should be (although then Bellator gets their biggest draw and effectively Dana gifts them massive revenue), at the very least he should be suspended for a year or longer. 

white flipped out when Roy Nelson lightly kicked a ref for not protecting his opponent and stopping the fight. he doesn't speak to jon jones for a full year after his drug violation. it all depends how much money you make him, obviously. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited August 2018
    Post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    loser “sport” for losers,

let’s get a neck tattoo!
    Bold accusations from a troll!
    A loser who has nothing better to do than to try (without any skill or wit, I might add) to get a rise out of people on the internet?
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Wobbie said:f

let’s get a neck tattoo!
    Why is it a loser sport? Curious why you say this
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    Wobbie said:

let’s get a neck tattoo!
    so you obviously pay attention if you know who Cody Garbrandt is. Why follow a loser sport for losers?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

McGregor Nurmagomedov Oct 6th is going to be off the charts, as long as they both stay healthy. I can't pick a winner for this. Usually I go Connor. I don't think he can shake Khabib mentally. Which is half of CM's game. And if Khabib gets him to the mat, game over. Connor's ground game was already shown to be piss poor against Diaz. Facing any wrestler is a bad matchup for him. Facing possibly the BEST wrestler in the game? Eesh. This could be bad for McGregor. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    McGregor Nurmagomedov Oct 6th is going to be off the charts, as long as they both stay healthy. I can't pick a winner for this. Usually I go Connor. I don't think he can shake Khabib mentally. Which is half of CM's game. And if Khabib gets him to the mat, game over. Connor's ground game was already shown to be piss poor against Diaz. Facing any wrestler is a bad matchup for him. Facing possibly the BEST wrestler in the game? Eesh. This could be bad for McGregor. 
    I wouldn't be so sure it's game over for Khabib if he gets Connor on the ground. Ig Al Iquainta(sp) can last 25 minutes with Khabib, Connor can def do that. I got Connor winning this in round 4 by KO
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

I wouldn't be so sure it's game over for Khabib if he gets Connor on the ground. Ig Al Iquainta(sp) can last 25 minutes with Khabib, Connor can def do that. I got Connor winning this in round 4 by KO
    Connor's ground game is abyssmal. Diaz proved that. Khabib is on the same wrestling level, if not higher, than DC. And I doubt Connor's been learning how to wrestle every day the last year. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Connor's ground game is abyssmal. Diaz proved that. Khabib is on the same wrestling level, if not higher, than DC. And I doubt Connor's been learning how to wrestle every day the last year. 
    Agreed, but Al exposed that. Al is barely a middle of the road fighter and lasted 25 minutes with a supposed world class fighter. I really don't wanna see connor win, I hope the douche gets choked out, but he's at the top for a reason. 
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

edited August 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by Sea on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Al exposed what? He lasted, but Khabib was playing with him the entire fight. It was embarassing from what I recall. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

ha ha

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    deleted
    I'd like to know what this said. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    Anyone watching the McGregor vs. Nurmagomedov fight tonight?
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Jason7192 said:
    Anyone watching the McGregor vs. Nurmagomedov fight tonight?
    Dude fucked up. He won the fight. No need to go after people afterwards. He took all the shine off his impressive performance.