NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Michigan football's Jim Harbaugh: Here's why you shouldn't eat chicken

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2018/07/30/michigan-football-jim-harbaugh-dont-eat-chicken/864652002/

Harbaugh must have been into the good recreational drugs when in coached in San Fran ...  ;)
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Michigan football's Jim Harbaugh: Here's why you shouldn't eat chicken

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2018/07/30/michigan-football-jim-harbaugh-dont-eat-chicken/864652002/

Harbaugh must have been into the good recreational drugs when in coached in San Fran ...  ;)
    If that's his quirk instead of insensitivity to sexual assault and abuse issues like Urban and Dantonio, I'll take it.

Besides, turns out he isn't ENTIRELY wrong:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chicken-is-americas-most-sickening-food-cdc-data-show/
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Don't rinse your chicken in the sink.  It's foolish.  Cooking it will kill anything you are worried about rinsing off and rinsing it just means you need to clean your sink properly.  

Oh, and I can't stand Jimmy Khakis.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Wow...what a fucking embarrassment.  I didn't think it was possible for me to hate Ohio State fans more than I already do.  

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24305839/more-100-fans-rally-support-suspended-ohio-state-buckeyes-coach-urban-meyer
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    What the fuck is with the big ten and assult scandals 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Wow...what a fucking embarrassment.  I didn't think it was possible for me to hate Ohio State fans more than I already do.  

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24305839/more-100-fans-rally-support-suspended-ohio-state-buckeyes-coach-urban-meyer
    I dislike OSU like many ..but "over 100" is a tiny number.  I feel like this is a silly story - there are 500 idiots ready to support anyone for any horrid thing you can think of.
    I think more than 100 people would come out to support Putin at most large campus locations
      There are just a lot of dopes out there, you know?
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

I dislike OSU like many ..but "over 100" is a tiny number.  I feel like this is a silly story - there are 500 idiots ready to support anyone for any horrid thing you can think of.
    I think more than 100 people would come out to support Putin at most large campus locations
    Duck. We agreed on something CFB related. Ughhh... I've got to go wash off the funk! Lmao!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Ha!
    We both love Joe Montana.  (I'm a huge 49ers fan)
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I grew up with Theismann and Montana being my two favorites.  And, of course, Ricky "Running" Watters.  That's way more Notre Dame than I care to admit.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Good point.  There are a lot of morons out there.  But you know it's much more than 100 OSU fans who are supporting Meyer here.  And the sad part is that this would happen at so many schools....wins are more important than spousal abuse!!

Good point.  There are a lot of morons out there.  But you know it's much more than 100 OSU fans who are supporting Meyer here.  And the sad part is that this would happen at so many schools....wins are more important than spousal abuse!!
    Yeah we agree on all points.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

I'm not necessarily supporting Urban or am I ready to hang him in the town square.  There are a lot of details to the investigation and to be honest I haven't read up on all of it yet. If he did report it and just lied at the media day then I don't think he did anything wrong other than keeping this guy employed.  A lot of strange details coming out to like no charges were filed, there's story's of no police reports, and there's the DUI's and 90 some 911 calls by his wife in 60 days. There is also no evidence that shows whether Urban knew about it or not.   I'm really curios to what will come out of the investigation and I can see the possibility of both outcomes where Urban either gets fired or keeps his job.

And no I was not at the rally last night.  Those are the Buckeye fans that make us normal ones look bad.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    And no I was not at the rally last night.  Those are the Buckeye fans that make us normal ones look bad.
    I think it's really just nearly other CFB fan base that makes the OSU fan base look bad!  =)

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    F Me and Dyer - it appears there is hope for the two of you after all! ROFL
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I grew up with Theismann and Montana being my two favorites.  And, of course, Ricky "Running" Watters.  That's way more Notre Dame than I care to admit.

wait a minute......NO ONE liked theismann.....not even his teammates.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    KC138045 said:

I'm not necessarily supporting Urban or am I ready to hang him in the town square.  There are a lot of details to the investigation and to be honest I haven't read up on all of it yet. If he did report it and just lied at the media day then I don't think he did anything wrong other than keeping this guy employed.  A lot of strange details coming out to like no charges were filed, there's story's of no police reports, and there's the DUI's and 90 some 911 calls by his wife in 60 days. There is also no evidence that shows whether Urban knew about it or not.   I'm really curios to what will come out of the investigation and I can see the possibility of both outcomes where Urban either gets fired or keeps his job.

Speaking as a Bama fan...  unfortunately I could see at least 100 of our "worst" fans coming out to support anything. I mean we did have a fucker that poisoned trees, so I could see them supporting an accomplice to domestic violence.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Fucking Harvey Updyke if I recall correctly. Too lazy to research. What a grade A fuck wad. Reminds me of the douche bag White Sox fan that poisoned the ivy at Wrigley in the early 2000's.

I think it was FUSC and UCLA that had some sort of tradition where UCLA fans would paint or "decorate" a FUSC statue on the eve of their rivalry game every year. F Me In The Brain can verify/debunk the teams here. That to me seems reasonable and fun, baring no permanent damage is done. 
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Fucking Harvey Updyke if I recall correctly. Too lazy to research. What a grade A fuck wad. Reminds me of the douche bag White Sox fan that poisoned the ivy at Wrigley in the early 2000's.

I think it was FUSC and UCLA that had some sort of tradition where UCLA fans would paint or "decorate" a FUSC statue on the eve of their rivalry game every year. F Me In The Brain can verify/debunk the teams here. That to me seems reasonable and fun, baring no permanent damage is done. 

that's the one. he was a nutjob for sure. you always get those insane "fans" out there. I am friends with an OSU fan on FB and some of his friends are saying that "you aren't a true OSU fan unless you are supporting Urban Meyer". that's bullshit. he has a history of doing shady shit.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    As a lifelong Buckeye, unfortunately nothing fan-wise comes as a surprise anymore...especially with the likes of adult superfan Buck-i-guy (the fucking worst). In case you want to see the level of dipshit that organized this, check out the link below. He lives in South Carolina and apparently dropped everything to drive up to Columbus on Saturday to hold this rally on Monday because he thought Urban needed a show of support. What a loser. 

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/article216124760.html 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Wobbie said:

I was like 5-8 years old and a Redskins fan at the time.
    Wobbie said:

I was like 5-8 years old and a Redskins fan at the time.

:nuh_uh:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    that bitmoji is awful.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    #4 in the preseason AP Poll? That's it baby just like that
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    I heard Urban is going to get a “time served” suspension.

they came down hard, huh?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Knowing OSU, it will be a time served with back pay plus an extension.
    Knowing OSU, it will be a time served with back pay plus an extension.

buckeye nation, baby! :triumph:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    OSU handling this investigation and the outcome of it, is a bigger debacle than the 2018 Wrigley N2 GA post delay re-entry. WTF!?!?!?