Where is everyone staying for the Seattle Home Shows?

Comments

• TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    Silver Cloud Hotel which is across the street from Safeco Field. Let the games begin! 
  • moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    Hyatt Place downtown
    The one by the Needle?  That is where I am. Not looking forward to the walk.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    ^^^I just decided to sell my pair as I'm going to be in town with my 1 year old, and would like to take him for a walk on Alki beach that night. I am a season ticket holder from Vancouver. My seats are in s. 337 row DD, which gives you a great view from about the 35 yard line on the home side (this applies to everyone from out of town: the home side offers amazing views over Puget Sound from the open concourse, so much better on that side, especially at sunset). Anyways, face value is $90, but I'd be willing to part with them for $50 each to anyone on the boards. PM me if interested
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    My house, I live in between the Green Lake & Greenwood neighborhoods in Seattle.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    holiday inn downtown
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Any issues with the link and safety concerns?  Sister is arriving after 10:00 on Monday night, she was going to take the link from the Airport to Pioneer Square.  Issues, concerns, etc?  Thanks in advance for the tips/info.
  • sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    I was booked at the Loews (it's sold out by the way and I JUST cancelled if anyone wants to take a chance and try calling them to get my room) - but I cancelled and found a condo across from PP for half the price.
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    AirBNB in capitol hill
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Airbnb 1.5 Miles from safeco. $100 a night. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Staying at the Renaissance Hotel on Madison.  Hope travel around and to the ballpark is easy!
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    Embassy Suites Pioneer Sq. It's close enough to Safeco where we can take advantage of the free drinks there then head to the show. Staying there Friday and Saturday then heading to Montana Sunday. Not catching the Wednesday show. Have some friends who live outside Seattle I haven't seen in awhile, going to be there Wednesday until Friday.. 
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• wbutler29 said:
    Any issues with the link and safety concerns?  Sister is arriving after 10:00 on Monday night, she was going to take the link from the Airport to Pioneer Square.  Issues, concerns, etc?  Thanks in advance for the tips/info.
    I’ve done it twice but earlier in day with luggage. Pretty chill, never an issue. Last train leaves at 11pm I believe. 
    seen em at: 08/31/98 - Raleigh : 05/10/00 - Mnt Baker Theatre, Wa : 11/02/00 - PDX  : 11/05/00 & 11/06/00 - SEA : 4/3/03 - OKC : 10/03/04 - Grand Rapids : 05/03/10 - KC : 11/15/13 - Dallas : 11/16/13 - OKC  : 10/09/14 - Tulsa : 11/20/2016 - ToTD Seattle : 08/10/2018 - SEA : 09/20/2022 - OKC
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    Hyatt Place downtown
    The one by the Needle?  That is where I am. Not looking forward to the walk.
    Yeah, I think when it comes to going to and from the shows I might uber. Depends on the crowd and how I am feeling.
  • We’ll be at the holiday inn express that’s close to the space needle area. We’ve never been to Seattle...is it possible to make the walk to Safeco from this area with sidewalks and what not? Or is it a lot of multi-lane highways and overpasses with traffic that would make walking to the shows undesirable? 
  • We’ll be at the holiday inn express that’s close to the space needle area. We’ve never been to Seattle...is it possible to make the walk to Safeco from this area with sidewalks and what not? Or is it a lot of multi-lane highways and overpasses with traffic that would make walking to the shows undesirable? 

that would be about a 2.5 mile walk. You could do monorail to westlake center then rail to safeco. Or just uber/lyft, but probably want to go here and get the app and study up on times etc. http://metro.kingcounty.gov/trip-planner/

when i was in town for ToTD we went to a Showbox SoDo show which is right near Safeco, we railed to safeco from westlake and planned to do same going back but our beverage intake was a bit higher than planned and we gave up half way back to rail station and called an uber...lol

seen em at: 08/31/98 - Raleigh : 05/10/00 - Mnt Baker Theatre, Wa : 11/02/00 - PDX  : 11/05/00 & 11/06/00 - SEA : 4/3/03 - OKC : 10/03/04 - Grand Rapids : 05/03/10 - KC : 11/15/13 - Dallas : 11/16/13 - OKC  : 10/09/14 - Tulsa : 11/20/2016 - ToTD Seattle : 08/10/2018 - SEA : 09/20/2022 - OKC
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557

Executive Inn

PJ fan works there and set up a group rate for the shows.

• fmillanfmillan Chile Posts: 61
    I'm travelling alone from Santiago Chile, will stay from Tue-Sat. Have yet to book hotel/room (yes, it's late haha). Any recommendations, fellow jammers travelling alone to meet?
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    The hostel/dorm near the venue. Killer location and price.
  • Edgewater for me and the wife.
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 782
    hmmm i haven't seen anyone staying at Springhill Suites Downtown.
  • DPrival78 said:
    Staying at an Airbnb in Pioneer Square. Didnt realize the place didnt have ac until after i booked. I have not told my wife that. Super close to the stadium but i heard some not so good things about Pioneer Square.
    Staying in the same area.. did minimal research on the neighborhood, just snagged the place because it seemed like a good location.  A dicey neighborhood could just add to the adventure!

very true! Out of curiosity are you staying at the place above a bar? 

• fmillanfmillan Chile Posts: 61
    I'll stay at the Executive Hotel Pacific Aug 7th till 11th
  • So frustrating!  My wife and I booked our air bnb shortly after we got confirmation we were attending Aug. 8.  Yesterday, we got notification the air bnb host cancelled our reservation.  Now we have three days to find a place to stay.  Our original place was walking distant to SafeCo.  Grrr....It will still be such an amazing night....just might coast a lot more now.
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    So frustrating!  My wife and I booked our air bnb shortly after we got confirmation we were attending Aug. 8.  Yesterday, we got notification the air bnb host cancelled our reservation.  Now we have three days to find a place to stay.  Our original place was walking distant to SafeCo.  Grrr....It will still be such an amazing night....just might coast a lot more now.
    I am reading this a lot lately.  Can they cancel then re-list at a higher rate for the same date/s?  

I am very sorry.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • I was wondering that same thing!  Selling right before the concert when all nearby hotels are booked would fetch a much higher price.  We found a hotel about three miles away that's not too much.  This will NOT damper this trip -- gonna be amazing!  
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 593
    I was wondering that same thing!  Selling right before the concert when all nearby hotels are booked would fetch a much higher price.  We found a hotel about three miles away that's not too much.  This will NOT damper this trip -- gonna be amazing!  
    Can I ask what not too much is right now in the current  Seattle hotel market?
  • So frustrating!  My wife and I booked our air bnb shortly after we got confirmation we were attending Aug. 8.  Yesterday, we got notification the air bnb host cancelled our reservation.  Now we have three days to find a place to stay.  Our original place was walking distant to SafeCo.  Grrr....It will still be such an amazing night....just might coast a lot more now.
    this happened to my family on a whole house rental on a meetup vacation trip in Bend, OR, 3 days before we all flew in,
    It was a pain in the ass. They can't relist on Airbnb if they cancel so more than likely they are using a secondary market to list rentals on.
    Also 3 cancels in one year and they get property booted off AirBnB.
    Regardless, it sucks for you. Hope it all works out
  • DJ253147 said:
    I was wondering that same thing!  Selling right before the concert when all nearby hotels are booked would fetch a much higher price.  We found a hotel about three miles away that's not too much.  This will NOT damper this trip -- gonna be amazing!  
    Can I ask what not too much is right now in the current  Seattle hotel market? $208 after taxes.  La Hacienda Motel -- real classy! :)
    this happened to my family on a whole house rental on a meetup vacation trip in Bend, OR, 3 days before we all flew in,
    It was a pain in the ass. They can't relist on Airbnb if they cancel so more than likely they are using a secondary market to list rentals on.
    So frustrating!  My wife and I booked our air bnb shortly after we got confirmation we were attending Aug. 8.  Yesterday, we got notification the air bnb host cancelled our reservation.  Now we have three days to find a place to stay.  Our original place was walking distant to SafeCo.  Grrr....It will still be such an amazing night....just might coast a lot more now.
    Thanks WR.  Regardless of where we stay -- I'm so excited for this one!  We have tickets on the field 11 rows behind the GA section.  It's gonna be epic.  As long as I get to listen to live PJ with thousands of others, a canceled Air Bnb won't ruin this trip!
  • lemArtslemArts Posts: 8
    edited August 2018
    I'm staying at my house (in Seattle).  I'm leaving work at 3 PM tomorrow to head down to Safeco.  It's going to be tough to concentrate.
    94 - Memphis
    95 - New Orleans
    96 - Charlotte, Charleston
    98 - St. Louis, Kansas City, Raleigh, Atlanta, Birmingham, Greenville, Knoxville, Columbia, DC
    00 - Greensboro, Atlanta, Nashville, Cincinnati, St Louis, Kansas City
    01 - Seattle
    02 - Seattle x3 (2 Key Arena + 1 @ The Showbox)
    16 - Miami
    18 - Seattle x2 (Home Shows)
    21 - Dana Point x2 (Ohana Encore)
    22 - LA Night 1