BOSTON 2018 ROLL CALL: Mobile tickets are in, where you sitting?

Comments

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    SP218311 said:
    RE: obstructed view tix... that sucks.  Does your ticket actually say "Obstructed" on it?  Or are you basing it on some seating chart or online seating views?  I know that Fenway is really good about noting obstructed view for baseball games, but seems to be hit or miss on this when it comes to concerts, based on som eother online complaints I have seen.  Also, their definition of an obstruction may be more liberal than yours (like if a pole is in your line of sight but does not block the view of the stage, just one of the screens, Fenway may not label that as obstructed, even though it probably is).  Pearl Jam/10 Club relies on the stadium to tell them what is obstructed and what is not... there's no way they would be able to check all the seats.  BUT, if it says "obstructed view" right on the tickets, then that doesn't seem right.
    This is true also.  Fenway will put obstructed on tickets when you're in a section where there might be a lot of foot traffic.  A lot of times it doesn't apply to concerts.  
  • WhywhyzedWhywhyzed Posts: 270
    97, a little worse than last time. Similar though, near the Pesky Pole.
  • Bec88Bec88 Posts: 9
    Hello lovely people, I've changed plans and am treating my self to a 30th Birthday trip to Boston - from Wales!
    So if anyone would like to help out a fellow Jammer for her birthday with a ticket to N1 or N2 (or even both - greedy i know!) I would forever be grateful! x
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    And won’t most obstructed view tix be related to the view of home plate and the mound?

just find your seats in the website that shows the view of field from your seat
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• TremormanTremorman Posts: 380

This is a decent seat view tool if your not sitting on the turf.  You can select your section and point the view to show centerfield (where the stage would be).  Probably already been posted, but I'll stick it here.  http://mlb.mlb.com/bos/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    Tremorman said:

This is a decent seat view tool if your not sitting on the turf.  You can select your section and point the view to show centerfield (where the stage would be).  Probably already been posted, but I'll stick it here.  http://mlb.mlb.com/bos/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

That is a great tool.  Accompany that with the precise seating, where you can put in your exact seat number, and you should know exactly what you are getting.  
  • incidental immortalityincidental immortality CT Posts: 444
    edited July 2018
    PJNB said:
    I compiled all of the seat data from this thread.  This is how it breaks down based on the self-reported information:
    Rows 1 and 2 - Lottery winners
    Ten Club numbers 1XXX to around 50XXX = A5 Row 3
    Ten Club numbers 51XXX to around 100XXX = Rows 4 - 8 of A3/A4/A5
    Rows 9 and 10 - Lottery winners
    Ten Club numbers 101XXX to around 135XXX = remainder of seats in the A sections
    Ten Club numbers 136XXX to around 265XXX = B section field seats

Lowest number: 1XXX
    Highest number: 680XXX

125 reporting numbers, 34 not reporting numbers

13 lottery winners
    Only 1 confirmed lottery winner between 1XXX and 400XXX (1.4%)
    3 lottery winners from 400XXX thru 500XXX (12%)
    2 lottery winners from 500XXX thru 600XXX (12.5%)
    3 lottery winners from 600XXX thru 700XXX (27%)

This data seems to suggest that the lottery is weighed in favor of the higher numbers. 
    No it just means there are more higher numbers than lower numbers. 
    Not accurate based on the self-reported data.  There are 72 members who reported their number as between 1XXX and 400XXX.  Only one of these members won the lottery.  Conversely there were 52 who reported numbers from 400XXX through 700XXX and there were 8 lottery winners in this range.  So, there were more attendees in the under 400XXX range but 8 of the 9 winners came from the over 400XXX range.

If you are under 400XXX you had a 1.4% chance, above 400XXX you had a 10X greater chance (15%).

Now this analysis is based on self-reporting so there is a chance that the data is skewed.  But it looks valid to me.

Or, more likely true is the fans with higher numbers are beleaguered like me and don't want to bother posting their obstructed view blind purchase seats and those that won are thrilled to share the news.

I highly doubt a band with such an unrelentingly biased ticket policy would bother to weigh the lottery in any direction without notice. Although they did sell obstructed view without notice at time of purchase

I've been a fan since day one but always disliked fan clubs and blind purchasing of concert Tix. This experience reminds me why I avoided joining for so long. But I'm in the door and trying to be positive

Based on the original ticket  notice from the band, I  was expecting upper level first few rows but got grandstand with a nice pole obstruction according to Fenway precise seating...and possibly a balcony obstruction as well, since precise seating assumes we will be sitting not standing

G16 r14...665xxx

Let's drive down the % to a more realistic representation
    Lack of reporting could be the reason for the disparity. But I’d counter that the members with low Ten Club numbers would be just as likely to come on the forum and post their lottery wins than those with high numbers. And there really weren’t many wins below the arbitrary 400XXX split. 

Or or all of this could be random chance. 
    Post edited by incidental immortality on
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • sonofjeansonofjean Saco, ME Posts: 58
    658xxx
    Night 1: 10Club - G5, row 2
    Night 2: TM Presale - Right field roof box 37, row C
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772

PJNB said:
    I compiled all of the seat data from this thread.  This is how it breaks down based on the self-reported information:
    Rows 1 and 2 - Lottery winners
    Ten Club numbers 1XXX to around 50XXX = A5 Row 3
    Ten Club numbers 51XXX to around 100XXX = Rows 4 - 8 of A3/A4/A5
    Rows 9 and 10 - Lottery winners
    Ten Club numbers 101XXX to around 135XXX = remainder of seats in the A sections
    Ten Club numbers 136XXX to around 265XXX = B section field seats

Lowest number: 1XXX
    Highest number: 680XXX

125 reporting numbers, 34 not reporting numbers

13 lottery winners
    Only 1 confirmed lottery winner between 1XXX and 400XXX (1.4%)
    3 lottery winners from 400XXX thru 500XXX (12%)
    2 lottery winners from 500XXX thru 600XXX (12.5%)
    3 lottery winners from 600XXX thru 700XXX (27%)

This data seems to suggest that the lottery is weighed in favor of the higher numbers. 
    No it just means there are more higher numbers than lower numbers. 
    Not accurate based on the self-reported data.  There are 72 members who reported their number as between 1XXX and 400XXX.  Only one of these members won the lottery.  Conversely there were 52 who reported numbers from 400XXX through 700XXX and there were 8 lottery winners in this range.  So, there were more attendees in the under 400XXX range but 8 of the 9 winners came from the over 400XXX range.

If you are under 400XXX you had a 1.4% chance, above 400XXX you had a 10X greater chance (15%).

Now this analysis is based on self-reporting so there is a chance that the data is skewed.  But it looks valid to me.

Or, more likely true is the fans with higher numbers are beleaguered like me and don't want to bother posting their obstructed view blind purchase seats and those that won are thrilled to share the news.

I highly doubt a band with such an unrelentingly biased ticket policy would bother to weigh the lottery in any direction without notice. Although they did sell obstructed view without notice at time of purchase

I've been a fan since day one but always disliked fan clubs and blind purchasing of concert Tix. This experience reminds me why I avoided joining for so long. But I'm in the door and trying to be positive

Based on the original ticket  notice from the band, I  was expecting upper level first few rows but got grandstand with a nice pole obstruction according to Fenway precise seating...and possibly a balcony obstruction as well, since precise seating assumes we will be sitting not standing

G16 r14...665xxx

Another option for you: get there as early as possible and scope out your actual seats. If they are obstructed view, head to the walkway behind your section. I'm pretty sure that's where SRO is for ball games. You might be able to find a better sight line along that railing.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • BM114737BM114737 Wake Forest, NC Posts: 39
    stones said:
    510xxx - my fault for letting my membership lapse for a few years.

1 - Loge Box 127 row 4 - lower grandstand behind home plate, would be great seats for the Sox!
    2 - F76 row 2
    Same boat.  The difference from 114xxx to 527xxx is pretty significant.  Took a 2 year lapse around the birth of our twins when going to shows was not a realistic option.  But I am grateful to get in the building without sweating a public sale.

1 - G7 Row 10.

Cheers all!
  • LT150045LT150045 Williamsport, PA Posts: 22

150XXX let me membership go for a few years due to raising a family so this will be my 2nd show.  Last time I saw them was 95.

Night 1 G27 Row 6

Night 2 G9 Row 15

If anyone knows what the view is like from here let me know.  Doesn't look bad from the map of the field but I have never been to Fenway.  Looking forward to the shows plus visiting one of our oldest cities in the good ole USofA Baby!

• ShakesckyShakescky Posts: 342
    9/2 - b7, row 19
    9/4 - box 6, row e
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.
  • Mac57Mac57 Posts: 253
    N1- G7 is gonna rock!!!!
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • dolly rockerdolly rocker Long Beach NY Posts: 343
    Hey late arrival, 136k A4 row 9
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 613
    163xxx

night 1 - B2 row 9
    night 2 - B4 row 10

I’m not disappointed!  
  • DB15740DB15740 Westfield MA Posts: 70
    149,xxx

B7 Row 6 both nights

Definitely feeling kicked to the curb again on this one. I don’t mean to bitch and complain, but when you’ve been riding the train for 20+ years... 

I know 10c does what they can for seats, etc, but Fenway season ticket holders and VIP’s must have a ton of real estate in the middle.

Anyway on a glass 1/2 full note, it looks like B7 is full of 10c members, so looking forward to ripping it up with everyone!  Most importantly, I’m looking forward to a couple great shows from my favorite band.  I’ve been counting down the days all summer :)

Cheers and best regards! 
    -Berbs
    Springfield MA 4/6/94; Hartford CT 9/13/98; Saratoga Springs NY 8/27/00;
    Albany NY 4/29/03; Mansfield MA 7/2/03; Mansfield MA 7/11/03; Boston MA 9/28/04;
    Hartford CT 5/13/06; Hartford CT 6/27/08; Hartford CT 5/15/10; Worcester MA 10/16/13; Hartford CT 10/25/13;
    Fenway I 8/5/16; Fenway II 8/7/16; Fenway I  9/2/18; Fenway II  9/4/18
  • swardsward Posts: 586
    BM114737 said:
    stones said:
    510xxx - my fault for letting my membership lapse for a few years.

1 - Loge Box 127 row 4 - lower grandstand behind home plate, would be great seats for the Sox!
    2 - F76 row 2
    Same boat.  The difference from 114xxx to 527xxx is pretty significant.  Took a 2 year lapse around the birth of our twins when going to shows was not a realistic option.  But I am grateful to get in the building without sweating a public sale.

1 - G7 Row 10.

Cheers all!
    I had low 100 or just under initially and let it lapse. But got back in at the low 300's and still get good seats at least. But man..I miss my old number.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    NB283405 said:

G16 r14...665xxx

My advice is to get to Fenway early on the day of show.  If your seat is obstructed, as you expect it to be, take some photos.  There should be a Ten Club ticket table in the venue.  It was under the right field bleachers by the Red Sox store when they played here in 2016.  I had a similar issue with my tickets to the 2nd show.  We were in the section near Pesky's pole and it obstructed the stage perfectly from our seats and we could only see the screens.  I went and spoke to the TC rep and they said they relied on Fenway to provide info about seats being obstructed.  We were given seats on the turf in one of the B sections in the middle.

Wow thanks for the advice, I will be on here asking that night where the TC setup is located if precise Fenway seating is accurate with it's pole obstruction.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    SP218311 said:
    RE: obstructed view tix... that sucks.  Does your ticket actually say "Obstructed" on it?  Or are you basing it on some seating chart or online seating views?  I know that Fenway is really good about noting obstructed view for baseball games, but seems to be hit or miss on this when it comes to concerts, based on som eother online complaints I have seen.  Also, their definition of an obstruction may be more liberal than yours (like if a pole is in your line of sight but does not block the view of the stage, just one of the screens, Fenway may not label that as obstructed, even though it probably is).  Pearl Jam/10 Club relies on the stadium to tell them what is obstructed and what is not... there's no way they would be able to check all the seats.  BUT, if it says "obstructed view" right on the tickets, then that doesn't seem right.

The Fenway precise seating website appears to be very accurate. I also had a terrible experience in the public on sale. I had all my payment info in with minutes left on the clock, and tickets.com cleared out my cart as if the clock expired. I recall this happening to a few fans

I recall the public on sale purchase screens had detailed warnings for partial obstruction in red fonts. I'm surprised TC didn't have access to this data.

The Fenway G section is famous for its poles, and I thought that's why TC was going to go upper deck, as the original ticket announcement indicated

The pole obstruction  in CF is bad enough, I'm also thinking with everyone standing, the balcony will also obstruct views (from memory this is about where the seats are)

http://www.preciseseating.com/fenwaypark2.php

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    My speculation is that given the number of tickets needed, the 10 Club did what they could. I know there are fans who got tickets in the upper decks, but I don't think there's a ton of seats up there, and I doubt Fenway was willing to let the Ten Club take all of the Field/Loge Box seats, and so, many of us end up in the Grandstands.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    NB283405 said:

G16 r14...665xxx

My advice is to get to Fenway early on the day of show.  If your seat is obstructed, as you expect it to be, take some photos.  There should be a Ten Club ticket table in the venue.  It was under the right field bleachers by the Red Sox store when they played here in 2016.  I had a similar issue with my tickets to the 2nd show.  We were in the section near Pesky's pole and it obstructed the stage perfectly from our seats and we could only see the screens.  I went and spoke to the TC rep and they said they relied on Fenway to provide info about seats being obstructed.  We were given seats on the turf in one of the B sections in the middle.

Wow thanks for the advice, I will be on here asking that night where the TC setup is located if precise Fenway seating is accurate with it's pole obstruction.
    Yeah find out where customer service desk or similar is inside, most venues have some contingency tickets available for situations like you fear you have.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Every time I try to reset my Ticketmaster password per instructions for logging in I go through the process, but send, immediately open email and hit reset password and it tells me my link has expired...wth?
  • I'm relatively new to membership but my seats are awful...
    N1 RF27
    N2 GS26
  • Just looked on Stubhub...how do people have choice seats for sale if 10C members got 1st dibs
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    B4 row 19 for night 2 - 247XXX  Season ticket holders got dibs for tickets in some great seats.  Had to scalp night 1 as i lost the lottery so in 160 row EE.  Paid too much but you can't die with it.  
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • LastExitBJPLastExitBJP Posts: 78
    edited July 2018
    I got RF Box 4, row J, 21 and 22. My number is 342xxx so I can't assume I'm gonna get right up front. Hoped to be on the field but what are ya gonna do. Anyways it'll be good to see the dudes again!
    Post edited by LastExitBJP on
  • Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Scored lottery tix for night one, row 9 in A5.  So grateful.   Going to take my son for his first PJ show and will surprise him with the seats.  He must be my good luck charm.  Night 2 I’m in Loge 110.  Just a little further back than ‘16.  Had so much fun with the other 10C’ers in our section in ‘16.  Can’t wait for this.  Thanks 10C!  Number 495xxx
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • shawnslenkershawnslenker Hardeeville, SC Posts: 8
    First PJ Show!!
    TC# 481xxx
    F20 Row H

2018 Boston N1
    2022 Louisville
    2024 Chicago N2
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    First PJ Show!!
    TC# 481xxx
    F20 Row H
    Enjoy!!! Its going to be a blast!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 779
    Hey guys I haven't downloaded mine yet due to travelling so if my phone gets stolen I'll be screwed. Anyone know if the seats have already been allocated regardless of how long it takes you to download them? I get Stateside in September so would love to know if I should just risk it and download now. Wondering if the 10C booth would help out if I did get my phone stolen.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018