The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Kind of gimmicky, but cool as a collectors item.  Too bad they’re in Seattle only.

have you ever had their beer?
    I haven’t. Wonder if it’s any good. Any west coasters out there that have had it? 
    If it's a new brew, it's not out for a few more days. If it's repackaged Manny's Pale Ale, it's a solid beer. There's nothing fancy or exceptional about it, medium hopped and medium bodied. It's my go-to beer when I'm at a bar and looking for familiarity...the comfort ale.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    Based on what I've googled, it's a new brew and sounds like it's going to be a lighter version of Manny's.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Kind of gimmicky, but cool as a collectors item.  Too bad they’re in Seattle only.

have you ever had their beer?
    I haven’t. Wonder if it’s any good. Any west coasters out there that have had it? 
    If it's a new brew, it's not out for a few more days. If it's repackaged Manny's Pale Ale, it's a solid beer. There's nothing fancy or exceptional about it, medium hopped and medium bodied. It's my go-to beer when I'm at a bar and looking for familiarity...the comfort ale.
    Nice. Always good to have a tried and true comfort beer. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    DEcent ipa
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Look at you getting all pumped up for some modern day Wrigleyville beer. 

5 weeks from this Saturday...or Monday for those only attending the Monday show!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Look at you getting all pumped up for some modern day Wrigleyville beer. 

5 weeks from this Saturday...or Monday for those only attending the Monday show!
    Bud I am seriously getting pumped for wrigley 2. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mcgruff10 said:
    DEcent ipa
    Budweiser product
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    mcgruff10 said:
    DEcent ipa
    Budweiser product
    Yep goose sold out to bud not long after I visited their brewery while visiting Chicago around PJ20 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    edited July 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    DEcent ipa
    Budweiser product
    That makes perfect sense why it was just an ok ipa. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    mcgruff10 said:
    DEcent ipa
    Budweiser product
    Nothing changed about it though...

The Rare, Prop, Sophie, Juliet and Jillian are all still fine beers, not to mention the other BA stuff.  

Stop hatin...

Hate on Blue Point's Hoptical Illusion.  Now there is a beer that they screwed up by changing how they brew it.  It's undrinkable now.
    mcgruff10 said:
    DEcent ipa
    Budweiser product

The Rare, Prop, Sophie, Juliet and Jillian are all still fine beers, not to mention the other BA stuff.  

Stop hatin...

Hate on Blue Point's Hoptical Illusion.  Now there is a beer that they screwed up by changing how they brew it.  It's undrinkable now.
    I drink blue point cask conditioned ale every time I go to nyc (stout near msg).  What happened to the brewery?
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    DEcent ipa
    Budweiser product

Stop hatin...

I drink blue point cask conditioned ale every time I go to nyc (stout near msg).  What happened to the brewery?
    So they got bought out by IMBEV and a big shot brewer came down and saw how BP was brewing the Hoptical.  The IMBEV brewer said "that's not how you are supposed to do that.  It's all wrong.  Let me show you the proper way to brew that IPA."

It is now "properly" brewed but changed the taste in the beer so bad that it is properly fucked...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    mcgruff10 said:
    DEcent ipa
    Budweiser product

Stop hatin...

A lot has changed with most of goose island's beers.  Most are brewed at budweiser facilities and are complete garbage.  312, Goose IPA and Green Line are just about undrinkable these days.  But at least all the bourbon county stouts are still phenomenal.  Can't wait for black Friday this year!
    ^ Green Line is complete dog shit. I’d rather drink an Old Style. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    ^yeah, had Gr3en Line at the Cubs game last week. No fucking bueno muchachos.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    ^ No bueno for sure and $10.50 a pop on top of it at Wrigley. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    DEcent ipa
    Budweiser product

Stop hatin...

A lot has changed with most of goose island's beers.  Most are brewed at budweiser facilities and are complete garbage.  312, Goose IPA and Green Line are just about undrinkable these days.  But at least all the bourbon county stouts are still phenomenal.  Can't wait for black Friday this year!
    Ahhhh.  Those 3 that you mentioned I do not drink so I wouldn't know the difference.  Sounds a bit like what the did to my beloved Hoptical Illusion.
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Green Line is complete dog shit. I’d rather drink an Old Style. 
    Horrible.  Used to be one of my favorite beers when it was only available on tap in bars in the Chicago area.  They completely ruined that beer.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited July 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    DEcent ipa
    Budweiser product
    Sort of.  They are owned & distributed by AB InBev but still mostly produced by Goose Island.
    mcgruff10 said:
    DEcent ipa
    Budweiser product
    Sort of.  They are owned & distributed by AB InBev but still mostly produced by Goose Island.

All of the widely distributed Goose Island beers (312, Goose IPA, Green Line, etc..) are produced at Budweiser facilities.  The quality has gone way downhill since then.  They still make bourbon county stouts and other small batch stuff in Chicago.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mcgruff10 said:
    DEcent ipa
    Budweiser product

All of the widely distributed Goose Island beers (312, Goose IPA, Green Line, etc..) are produced at Budweiser facilities.  The quality has gone way downhill since then.  They still make bourbon county stouts and other small batch stuff in Chicago.
    Yeah, the main handful are Bud factories, that's why I said mostly by Goose.  I do still like Honker's Ale but definitely agree on 312 & Green Line.  I never did like Goose IPA, but I don't like 99.95% of IPAs, so I'm not exactly a benchmark in that category. :lol:
    So boy do I have a question for you guys: back in 2011/12 I traded a bottle of Faithfull ale to a guy from Belgium. In return he sent me a rather famous bottle that is only released once a year by monks. Any clue what it could be?
    ^ no clue but curious to hear what it is! 
    Bottle looks like this and says trappistenbier. Was the dude pulling my leg?

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    i had a double Bells two hearted - it was good
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    mcgruff10 said:

I think that’s the Westvleteren 12 which is frequently called the best beer of all time. I’ve had similar stuff but not that exact one. 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    mcgruff10 said:

I think that’s the Westvleteren 12 which is frequently called the best beer of all time. I’ve had similar stuff but not that exact one. 
    That s it!!! That’s the Name I remember. Great call joe.  The Beer was amazing 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Helping this Blonde feel not so lonely.

Speaking of which, how come you never see a raven or brunette ale? The Reds and Blondes have all the fun.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    mcgruff10 said:

Wow! The best beer of all time?! 

Mike, did it live up to its reputation? 
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Wow! The best beer of all time?! 

Mike, did it live up to its reputation? 
    Yeah it was fantastic!!