Live 2018: Europe Tour Updated

Comments

• Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    Guys, be kind.  I saw a girl reduced to tears, being 'outed' from the pit by 10c members.  It was a her first PJ gig, that was her first experience of PJ fans - telling her to get out of the pit.  She didn't push, she weaved her way in, like many of us have done at gigs.  She wasn't a member of 10c, she didn't know the 'rules'.  But she had a ticket, she was excited, then you chose to shout at her and her friend/boyfriend.  She cried.  You probably ruined her first show.  We don't own the pit, we don't own the band or the privilege of enjoying their music.  She bought her ticket - she was excited.  Be kind folks, just be kind.  I hope she comes to another show and gets to enjoy the amazing experience that we all love, but seriously, don't be assholes.  Most people see a gig advertised, they buy a ticket, that's it.  No crazy queuing, no rules, just fun - that poor girl and her friend had their day ruined by people here. 
    Where? What "row" in the pit? At what point during the show did this occur?
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Guys, be kind.  I saw a girl reduced to tears, being 'outed' from the pit by 10c members.  It was a her first PJ gig, that was her first experience of PJ fans - telling her to get out of the pit.  She didn't push, she weaved her way in, like many of us have done at gigs.  She wasn't a member of 10c, she didn't know the 'rules'.  But she had a ticket, she was excited, then you chose to shout at her and her friend/boyfriend.  She cried.  You probably ruined her first show.  We don't own the pit, we don't own the band or the privilege of enjoying their music.  She bought her ticket - she was excited.  Be kind folks, just be kind.  I hope she comes to another show and gets to enjoy the amazing experience that we all love, but seriously, don't be assholes.  Most people see a gig advertised, they buy a ticket, that's it.  No crazy queuing, no rules, just fun - that poor girl and her friend had their day ruined by people here. 
    I'm with you on this. It's really unkind. I queued all night and still let a small lady stand in front of me for half a show it was her first  show. I got a mike pick and handed to her. She won't ever forget her first show.  Ed came and sang porch in our face.no harm to be kind we all love the gig and we were all young once.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    What the hell is wrong with people? This is sad to hear.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • ag225460ag225460 Posts: 29
    ag225460 said:

Euro Playlist updated after Berlin...

https://open.spotify.com/user/heyfoxymophandlemama/playlist/3I3NP8NJDDB93WuvLjV63C?si=CM74nMz4QNO1qKu_W7G7Jw

New ones from Berlin; Wash, Sometimes, Save You, In My Tree, Habit, Thin Air, Thumbing My Way and Angie.

96 different songs now on the running total for the tour.

What about "Breath"? Was played the first time in Europe. Last time was Lollapalooza Brazil I think so. Or am I totally wrong because didn't really sleep much last night?
    thanks, missed it the first time! Updated now to include Breath as well.
  • binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    ag225460 said:
    ag225460 said:

Euro Playlist updated after Berlin...

https://open.spotify.com/user/heyfoxymophandlemama/playlist/3I3NP8NJDDB93WuvLjV63C?si=CM74nMz4QNO1qKu_W7G7Jw

New ones from Berlin; Wash, Sometimes, Save You, In My Tree, Habit, Thin Air, Thumbing My Way and Angie.

96 different songs now on the running total for the tour.

What about "Breath"? Was played the first time in Europe. Last time was Lollapalooza Brazil I think so. Or am I totally wrong because didn't really sleep much last night?
    thanks, missed it the first time! Updated now to include Breath as well.
    So, my stat is equal to yours? 269 songs played, 97 different songs, 9 new songs in Europe played in Berlin.  
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    About 3/4 rows back in front of Ed, before it started, people still sitting around.  From the people on the rail. In that spot, and around them. Chanting. Poor people, that girl looked terrified and distraught. Felt ashamed to have my 10c wristbands at that point. They came and stood a bit behind us,  my friend spoke to her and tried to explain why people get so protective over their spots, but seriously..... 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    About 3/4 rows back in front of Ed, before it started, people still sitting around.  From the people on the rail. In that spot, and around them. Chanting. Poor people, that girl looked terrified and distraught. Felt ashamed to have my 10c wristbands at that point. They came and stood a bit behind us,  my friend spoke to her and tried to explain why people get so protective over their spots, but seriously..... 
    That's sad..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,356
    Quick question for Barcelona experts...

What's the best/quickest way to get from the Aquarium at Port Vell to the arena for the show?  Google Maps says walk 11 mins to Passeig De Colom, take the BCTO for 26 mins and get off at Anella Olimpica.

Is there anything quicker than that? I take it BCTO is just the name of one of the local buses?

2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II

Playlist updated after Belgium...

New ones from Belgium; kick out the jams and I believe in miracles.

99 different songs now on the running total for the tour.

• Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    Usually how long it takes for the bootlegs after a tour?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    That is unfortunate.  I get people queue for hours and days but that is their choice to do that and in my opinion a very silly one.  If I was this girl and someone told me it was their spot because they waited 14 hours for it, I would say "well that was dumb".    It is general admission.  No assigned seats.   
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613

That is unfortunate.  I get people queue for hours and days but that is their choice to do that and in my opinion a very silly one.  If I was this girl and someone told me it was their spot because they waited 14 hours for it, I would say "well that was dumb".    It is general admission.  No assigned seats.   
    I can easily understand both points of view. She AND her boyfriend could've avoided this by waiting until the band was 3 or more songs in, then try to move up, but they couldn't have know at the time to do this.

I think the 10Clubbers who waited all night or even as few as 5 hours do own the pit, but only until the show starts. The 10C  gave us specific rules about waiting in line, such as know your neighbors and you can leave the line only for bathroom breaks, picking up tickets, and merch. So why should these rules go out the window once we get inside the venue. We're all sitting in the venue and in somewhat the same line formation, depending on who you choose to stand near... Mike, Jeff,  Ed, or Stone for hours until showtime...in Rome it was 5+ hours.

Speaking of Rome, 10C fans waited all day in the sun and heat ( and some were on line for 2 days) until approx 4pm then let inside to wait another 5. I remember some older Italian gentleman (50s ???) just walked between all the 10C fans that were sitting down trying to avoid sunstroke and just stood 3 feet from the rail, he was promptly told by the local Italian 10C fans that he had to go back and why, it was handled well and quickly as the murmuring by those sitting down began getting louder. 

When you combine sun, heat, and the crowd mentality factor it could lead for some unfortunate behavior.

Anyway it's Tapas Time!!!
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

I can easily understand both points of view. She AND her boyfriend could've avoided this by waiting until the band was 3 or more songs in, then try to move up, but they couldn't have know at the time to do this.

I think the 10Clubbers who waited all night or even as few as 5 hours do own the pit, but only until the show starts. The 10C  gave us specific rules about waiting in line, such as know your neighbors and you can leave the line only for bathroom breaks, picking up tickets, and merch. So why should these rules go out the window once we get inside the venue. We're all sitting in the venue and in somewhat the same line formation, depending on who you choose to stand near... Mike, Jeff,  Ed, or Stone for hours until showtime...in Rome it was 5+ hours.

Speaking of Rome, 10C fans waited all day in the sun and heat ( and some were on line for 2 days) until approx 4pm then let inside to wait another 5. I remember some older Italian gentleman (50s ???) just walked between all the 10C fans that were sitting down trying to avoid sunstroke and just stood 3 feet from the rail, he was promptly told by the local Italian 10C fans that he had to go back and why, it was handled well and quickly as the murmuring by those sitting down began getting louder. 

When you combine sun, heat, and the crowd mentality factor it could lead for some unfortunate behavior.

I disagree completely. Other then “the rail” nobody owns a spot in the pit. I don’t care how long you waited and I don’t care how hot it was. If you want an assigned seat then buy reserved seating. Waldbüne had plenty of benches where you could be comfortable all show. I sat last row dead center on purpose for this one (after being in the pit for prague and krakow) just so that I could take the spectacle all in. PJ members have gotten old and cranky and forget what the early days in the pit were all about. That girl should have been welcomed with open arms. It’s a rock concert!
  • EkellyEkelly Posts: 5
    edited July 2018

Post edited by Ekelly on
    Big hallo to the Australian family who were with us at Prague line and the bus from Krakow to Berlin..
    if you are around here send pm..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    23scidoo said:
    Big hallo to the Australian family who were with us at Prague line and the bus from Krakow to Berlin..
    You were on Jeff bus?? I didnt meet you I dont think! 
    23scidoo said:
    You were on Jeff bus?? I didnt meet you I dont think! 
    Yes!!..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• dr_ed_ddsdr_ed_dds Posts: 102
    BS44325 said:

I disagree completely. Other then “the rail” nobody owns a spot in the pit. I don’t care how long you waited and I don’t care how hot it was. If you want an assigned seat then buy reserved seating. Waldbüne had plenty of benches where you could be comfortable all show. I sat last row dead center on purpose for this one (after being in the pit for prague and krakow) just so that I could take the spectacle all in. PJ members have gotten old and cranky and forget what the early days in the pit were all about. That girl should have been welcomed with open arms. It’s a rock concert!

no one owns the pit. I am also at odds wrt this situation...there are some major 10C assholes who think they own the pit and it is embarrassing to me to be part of a group as angry/unfriendly as some of these folks...I am sad and ashamed to see how some 10C members are treating non 10C folks trying to get a good view..of course there is a fine line and common sense should prevail- I would take offence if some jerk lie, some out there I have seen forcefully push their way up through the pit without respect or regard for anyone. That type of person does not deserve anyone’s respect, but hearing of a girl in tears for her first show due to some 10C assholes thinking they run the joint-sad, shameful, embarrassing...

btw back in the day the pit was anything goes wrt where you ended up/tightness of crowd/aggresiveness..Waldbuhne reminded me a bit of the good old days..was fun. And I am an old guy!! Be nice to each other folks. And respect non-10C’s wishes to see the band as close to as we get to..I personally don’t get too upset if one or two get up there...share the wealth.love

• RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Hear hear, I hate it when people sit down in front rows to claim large area of space. If you come from the back and you see empty space upfront only to be confronted with laze people who are sitting down so they can claim enough space. 
    If you are that lazy that you cannot stand for a few hours then maybe, just maybe you are at the wrong spot. 
    If you want a spot on the rail be first and stay standing there. It will take minimum 2 hours before it starts so be prepared. 
    In the 90’s there was not any thinking of sitting down at Pearl Jam. You would have crushed hands then. 
    Or people with flip flops and then complaining about people stepping on their toes. 
    Please. It is not a Paul Simon concert. 

Get a life, get together and love the concert. 
    Don’t be an asshole. 
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
    I will add there is nothing wrong to sit down a bit. We get let in 3 hours before the show starts. I don't see sitting down waiting a problem . Wherever you are.i Don t think that's the issue
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,356
    What time do general doors open tonight? I have a seated ticket.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II

Playlist updated after Barcelona...

New ones from Barcelona; Ghost, Nothing as it Seems, Setting Forth, Oceans, Sleeping By Myself and Come Back.

105 different songs now on the running total for the tour.

ag225460 said:

New ones from Barcelona; Ghost, Nothing as it Seems, Setting Forth, Oceans, Sleeping By Myself and Come Back.

Hadn't Sleeping By Myself been played twice already this tour?
    2012 – Manchester II
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    Unfortunately  yes
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Crikey, that confirms I've seen it three times this tour. And I thought/was hoping it was only going to be two...
    2012 – Manchester II
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    ag225460 said:

Oops, sloppy!  I've updated, so back down to 104...
  • binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    ag225460 said:
    ag225460 said:

I think 105 different songs is correct. Go was played first time in Europe, last time was Rio. 
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
    ag225460 said:
    ag225460 said:

I think 105 different songs is correct. Go was played first time in Europe, last time was Rio. 
    Good shout, I was thinking Why Go so didn't add it...  105 it is

Playlist updated after Madrid...

Only new song, Sirens.

106 different songs now on the running total for the tour.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    SIRENS IS BACK WITH A VENGEANCE!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"