2018 Euro Merch

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    PJNB said:
    Guess 10 club shut down the merch stand outside. Person reporting said that people up front were buying 15-20 prints each. Just going off a Facebook post. 

This just isn’t true. I was there and towards the front. About 5 people back. No one bought 15-20 each. I got there around 9:45 am and was amoung the first ones there. We did have a lot of folks show up around 11:45 and I heard complaints from them, but you should know the drill if you want a print. 
    Odd the person on Facebook would lie. They said they shut it down right in front of him as the people in front of him were grabbing 15-20 each. 
  • I have an extra Padova poster if anyone missed out and can grab an extra for tonight. 
    Are they even selling merch outside the venue?
  • js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    edited June 2018
    We did have a lot of folks show up around 11:45 and I heard complaints from them, but you should know the drill if you want a print. 
    See how ridiculous this sounds.  For a gig not due to start for another 8 hours or so.  It's broken,  PJ, 10c,  whoever,  needs to fix it.
    Post edited by js261067 on
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    It's nice  but I feel like this has the name brand effect
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    You have to question why people need more than 1...

It can only be to sell for more. 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    No doubt.
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298

I agree with this. Poster is nice and likely the best so far, but ...
  • jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    I got one for myself, but if you notice the threads are usually full of people asking others to get items for them. 

In both Padova and Rome I went early...got my merch and tickets....went back to hotel and relaxed. Going to the show tonight not lugging stuff around. It works. 
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    I got one for myself, but if you notice the threads are usually full of people asking others to get items for them. 

In both Padova and Rome I went early...got my merch and tickets....went back to hotel and relaxed. Going to the show tonight not lugging stuff around. It works. 
    Yes absolutely this.
    How come they stopped selling merch? I honestly thought it started at 12.00 but there was nowhere selling anything I could find!

Yes absolutely this.
    How come they stopped selling merch? I honestly thought it started at 12.00 but there was nowhere selling anything I could find!
    Right. That was how it was supposed to be. 3 merch stands opening at noon. That didn’t happen. The only ones up were behind the gate. It seemed like a decent compromise was met, but they shut it down apparently. I have no idea why?  The security at the stadium went from being unhelpful to helpful. No clue. 
  • i got idi got id Posts: 862
    And for everyone following along, they were only selling posters through the gate and nothing else. 

Most i I saw someone buy was 8. Most were buying 4 at a time. 
    i got id said:
    And for everyone following along, they were only selling posters through the gate and nothing else. 

Right. And the issue is not a shortage of posters. It’s that they didn’t open 3 merch stands at noon like was communicated. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Even 4 posters is 3 too many.  

I never did merch lines again after a PJ popup shop in ‘14.  I was so disgusted and disappointed watching what was going down. 
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    Hey thanks for updating me JC!
     I have given up now... We have ticket buddies (wife and I ) coming from USA who we are meeting outside stadium at 6 so if anyone could get a poster for me that'd be cool - or even a 4 eyed hideous event shirt!! 
    Unlikely I know...
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    i got id said:

Hey! Did you get one then or still just trying inside? Good luck!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,328
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    demetrios said:
    yanny
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited June 2018
    people line up for hours to buy merch and buy more than 1 of everything and sell for profit on ebay. tour 2018.
    i'm OK with just buying from ebay from now on. so please grab me one of everything and mark it up 50-100% and PM me cause i will buy it with no questions asked, said the guy who bought his Telluride poster from ebay with a 100% mark up. i'm just glad the extra money i spend goes to the fan who waited in line for 3 hours and NOT to the band for recognizing a silly demand for product....
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Remember when going to a concert was fun?????
    Remember when everyone said the merch situation is only bad in the US? 
    nicknyr15 said:
    Remember when going to a concert was fun?????
    Remember when everyone said the merch situation is only bad in the US? 
    Don't forget you have a lot of Americans traveling to shows. They know the drill and how to help fund these trips.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited June 2018
    This one is just OK IMO.  I'd buy if I was at the show but it's nothing to write home about.  I'm also curious how these are going to looked framed with it not being centered and square. 
    Post edited by KC138045 on
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    Pre-selling prints to order in a timed sale, like the club does with Vault vinyl, would be great, but that's never going to happen. More fuel for waffles and overvalued auctions.
    KC138045 said:
    This one is just OK IMO.  I'd buy if I was at the show but it's nothing to write home about.  I'm also curious how these are going to looked framed with it not being centered and square. 
    Agree, and I'm curious about how the odd perspective will look as well.
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    KC138045 said:
    Agreed. This is already an overrated print.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I don't normally like EMEK's stuff, but this one is fantastic.

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    RP112579 said:
    KC138045 said:
    Agreed. This is already an overrated print.
    People are getting desperate for something to flip
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Is this the skeleton couple from Philadelphia finally ready to die?
  • i got idi got id Posts: 862
    i got id said:

Hey! Did you get one then or still just trying inside? Good luck!
    Nope. Trying my luck lining up again. There are a ton of people in the early GA line so will see how this works out. 
    :lol:
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    MedozK said:
    :lol:
    Done hunting