Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I voted for him and I’m for the most part happy with what he’s done.  Not how he acts/speaks/tweets but he’s been doing a lot of the things I had hoped he would do.
    That's not the question here , how do you feel about children being taken away from their parents answer that ...
    If their parents broke the law entering the country illegally then they deal with the penalty.  If they’re here legally then that’s super fucked up.
    Really? I'm a bit surprised to see anyone say that.... I know you're aware that their parents, while breaking the law, are doing so in an attempt to provide something better for their children. That may be wrong to you, and you may think that's a very flawed solution to their woes in Mexico (I even tend to agree with you on that)... But you really think ripping their children away from them the way they are, and then not even adequately caring for those children, isn't fucked up either way? That seems pretty fucking cold man.
    The whole “trying to better for their children” thing could apply to bank robbers too. I don’t buy it.

and still the handling of the situation by the current admin and authorities is awful and shouldn’t be tolerated. It is immoral to take the children away without providing care and security.  I can’t even imagine who thought up this plan.
    Pardon? Bank robbers generally pose a serious threat to people's lives and are stealing from others. How can you make that comparison?? Not all crimes are equal.
    If people are bringing their children with them through a very risky experience, why the hell else do you think they're doing it? What is it you're not buying? If they aren't bringing their kids with them across the border like that in order to try and find some better life or more opportunities for their family, what do you think they're doing? They're certainly not running to the US to make sure they maintain the exact same life they've been living in Mexico.
    But in any case, here you are acknowledging that taking these children away they way they are is immoral and shouldn't be tolerated (separating the kids from their parents at all is wholly unnecessary no matter how it's done btw), but that is a contradiction to what you said above. :confused: I'm not trying to rag on you (... not really, lol), I'm just trying to figure out how one can claim to be happy with what Trump and his administration is doing but then often say how you're not happy about a bunch of stuff.... It just doesn't make much sense to me.
    So again, what exactly has Trump done that you're happy with?
    cincy and rolemodels are two different posters. 
    :lol: Whoops! Sorry Cincy! I thought you were the other guy! Still, your bank robber comparison seems nuts to me, and my questions about why you "don't buy it" still stand.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136

PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    I voted for him and I’m for the most part happy with what he’s done.  Not how he acts/speaks/tweets but he’s been doing a lot of the things I had hoped he would do.
    Well, I'm glad it has worked out how you wanted because I agree that he has done a lot of the things he told his voters; however, I disagree with pretty much all of what those were so I am very unsatisfied. It sounds like you are on the way to voting him in a 2nd term. Do you think there is any long term ramifications for the policies and executive orders he is putting in place? A lot of people believe that what he is doing with the tax cuts, spending bloat and deregulation will send us in to another recession in a few years.
    Well I’m not exactly sure I’ll vote for him- depends who the candidates are.  I don’t vote strictly party line, it depends on the issues and where they stand.   I’ll see what the picture is like when that campaign is underway.

as for the economy question, I think it’s a roller coaster and things don’t stay great forever nor do they stay shitty forever, it goes up and down.

as far as the executive orders go, it depends on which ones you’re talking about.  Name some and I’ll be happy to give you my opinion.
    Are you comfortable voting for him again with this new news about all the illegal activity conducted by him and his children via his so-called charity?

Genuinely curious: what has he done that has made you happy, specifically?
    I honestly haven’t heard the news but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s true- the rich do that, it doesn’t matter which party they represent.  I don’t def nd him- It’s the same to me as the Clinton foundation.  It’s the system we live in where the have’s always take care of the have’s- whether they claim they’re for the people or the rich, they’re all for the rich.  People get confused and think because you voted for someone you’re somehow responsible for shit they did like 20 years before- not really.

things that he’s done that have made me happy- I don’t have time to make a huge list as I’m in lunch rush so this is just off the top of my head:

-stopped apologizing for america to other countries- has an America 1st mentality which is important when he’s America’s president
    -shows and gives respect to the police and the military.  They put themselves at risk everyday and take a ton of shit, they should be thanked more often than they are.
    -doesn’t try to appease terrorism, just cuts off aid and persuades other countries supplying aid to stop
    -met with Un.  Whether or not you like it, this was a massive accomplishment as far as human rights goes.  Hopefully things continue to get better in that country.
    -putting Neil Gorsuch on the Supreme Court.
    -tax plan. I of course know it flips in a few years but it happened when I needed it to.  It got banks lending money again and I was able to secure several loans I needed where as it was much harder just a year or two ago.  Glad I waited.
    -it’s driven the left to act like crybabies.  This is just awesome.  Watching grown adults sling insults like they’re 12 year olds, people red in the face mad, it’s hilarious.  All over stuff that doesn’t even affect them.  My brother is lie this, he posts all kinds of crazy left wing stuff, drank the kool aid apparently.

Reasons why I’m not psyched I voted for him:
    -banning trans folk from the military.  I know it got reversed but wtf?! Who cares?
    -his Twitter account
    -every article I see is some bs about how bad he is

Honestly I haven’t really read the news in a few weeks, I’ve been too busy, and when I have time I listen to baseball podcasts and pj bootlegs.  I just stay away for the most part, people are way too worked up over shit.

im looking forward to checking out the IG report though, I have a feeling it’ll be juicy.

sorry if this doesn’t make sense totally- I wrote it over the last hour and a half , in like 20 different sessions on my phone.

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    That's not the question here , how do you feel about children being taken away from their parents answer that ...
    If their parents broke the law entering the country illegally then they deal with the penalty.  If they’re here legally then that’s super fucked up.
    Really? I'm a bit surprised to see anyone say that.... I know you're aware that their parents, while breaking the law, are doing so in an attempt to provide something better for their children. That may be wrong to you, and you may think that's a very flawed solution to their woes in Mexico (I even tend to agree with you on that)... But you really think ripping their children away from them the way they are, and then not even adequately caring for those children, isn't fucked up either way? That seems pretty fucking cold man.
    The whole “trying to better for their children” thing could apply to bank robbers too. I don’t buy it.

and still the handling of the situation by the current admin and authorities is awful and shouldn’t be tolerated. It is immoral to take the children away without providing care and security.  I can’t even imagine who thought up this plan.
    Pardon? Bank robbers generally pose a serious threat to people's lives and are stealing from others. How can you make that comparison?? Not all crimes are equal.
    If people are bringing their children with them through a very risky experience, why the hell else do you think they're doing it? What is it you're not buying? If they aren't bringing their kids with them across the border like that in order to try and find some better life or more opportunities for their family, what do you think they're doing? They're certainly not running to the US to make sure they maintain the exact same life they've been living in Mexico.
    But in any case, here you are acknowledging that taking these children away they way they are is immoral and shouldn't be tolerated (separating the kids from their parents at all is wholly unnecessary no matter how it's done btw), but that is a contradiction to what you said above. :confused: I'm not trying to rag on you (... not really, lol), I'm just trying to figure out how one can claim to be happy with what Trump and his administration is doing but then often say how you're not happy about a bunch of stuff.... It just doesn't make much sense to me.
    What was in contradiction to what I said?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    Well, I'm glad it has worked out how you wanted because I agree that he has done a lot of the things he told his voters; however, I disagree with pretty much all of what those were so I am very unsatisfied. It sounds like you are on the way to voting him in a 2nd term. Do you think there is any long term ramifications for the policies and executive orders he is putting in place? A lot of people believe that what he is doing with the tax cuts, spending bloat and deregulation will send us in to another recession in a few years.
    Well I’m not exactly sure I’ll vote for him- depends who the candidates are.  I don’t vote strictly party line, it depends on the issues and where they stand.   I’ll see what the picture is like when that campaign is underway.

as for the economy question, I think it’s a roller coaster and things don’t stay great forever nor do they stay shitty forever, it goes up and down.

as far as the executive orders go, it depends on which ones you’re talking about.  Name some and I’ll be happy to give you my opinion.
    Are you comfortable voting for him again with this new news about all the illegal activity conducted by him and his children via his so-called charity?

I honestly haven’t heard the news but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s true- the rich do that, it doesn’t matter which party they represent.  I don’t def nd him- It’s the same to me as the Clinton foundation.  It’s the system we live in where the have’s always take care of the have’s- whether they claim they’re for the people or the rich, they’re all for the rich.  People get confused and think because you voted for someone you’re somehow responsible for shit they did like 20 years before- not really.

things that he’s done that have made me happy- I don’t have time to make a huge list as I’m in lunch rush so this is just off the top of my head:

-stopped apologizing for america to other countries- has an America 1st mentality which is important when he’s America’s president
    -shows and gives respect to the police and the military.  They put themselves at risk everyday and take a ton of shit, they should be thanked more often than they are.
    -doesn’t try to appease terrorism, just cuts off aid and persuades other countries supplying aid to stop
    -met with Un.  Whether or not you like it, this was a massive accomplishment as far as human rights goes.  Hopefully things continue to get better in that country.
    -tax plan. I of course know it flips in a few years but it happened when I needed it to.  It got banks lending money again and I was able to secure several loans I needed where as it was much harder just a year or two ago.  Glad I waited.
    -it’s driven the left to act like crybabies.  This is just awesome.  Watching grown adults sling insults like they’re 12 year olds, people red in the face mad, it’s hilarious.  All over stuff that doesn’t even affect them.  My brother is lie this, he posts all kinds of crazy left wing stuff, drank the kool aid apparently.

-banning trans folk from the military.  I know it got reversed but wtf?! Who cares?
    -his Twitter account

Honestly I haven’t really read the news in a few weeks, I’ve been too busy, and when I have time I listen to baseball podcasts and pj bootlegs.  I just stay away for the most part, people are way too worked up over shit.

im looking forward to checking out the IG report though, I have a feeling it’ll be juicy.

sorry if this doesn’t make sense totally- I wrote it over the last hour and a half , in like 20 different sessions on my phone.

Do me a favor you live in TEXAS that's where a majority of the kids are being kept why don't you go over there and give them a couple of PIZZA pies just not the one you named after baffoon , that has to be a big seller orange meatball extra cheese pie ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited June 2018
    Wait, there is nothing "the same" between the Clinton Foundation and Trump's foundation and these accusations against Trump and his kids (this isn't new news btw. The only thing that's new is that the state of New York has gathered up all the old news into a package that allows it to sue the Trumps.

Okay. So you are psyched that they banned trans folks - folks who fight for your country - from the military.... even though they failed. So you're a transphobe, and are happy about a failure there. And then you say you're happy about the RESPECT he gives the military? Hm. So much respect that he respects soldiers who don't get caught, and then got in a big fight with the family of a dead soldier because they are Muslims?
    You're psyched about the POTUS acting like an insane teenager on Twitter, and using social media to destroy international relations and to undermine his own legal team.
    And you're psyched that there is so much news about how much he sucks. Okey dokey - so you like voting for a shitty POTUS because he's shitty. Awesome.
    And you're please with how he's destroying America's trade relationships under the guise of "America First" (which will lead to economic woes for Americans).
    Stopped apologizing? When did America ever apologize to to other countries?
    Does try to appease terrorism... unless it's domestic terrorists of course.
    Met with Un.... and literally NOTHING about that meeting had anything to do with human rights at all. On the contrary.
    And then you enjoy the left "acting like cry babies slinging insults like 12 years olds".... what, what? I didn't know Trump was left wing! :lol:
    As for people being upset about "things that don't effect them".... well that's just about the most ignorant statement I've ever seen on the AMT. Actually, your whole post is. Seriously, just about everything you just said is fucking ridiculous and makes little to no sense when held up to reality. So yeah, you were right that it doesn't sense, but I really doubt that it's because you wrote it quickly or did it in 20 sessions on your phone. Sorry, I'm not trying to be an asshole... it's just that what you just wrote... there is really no other way for me to respond.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

-his Twitter account

amazing that you attribute this to one side. I see just as much, if not more of this, from the right. it's baffling how the right keeps calling the left "snowflakes" when all they seem to want to do, as you proved right there, is to "drive the left mad". it's childish and just plain ridiculous. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

:lol: Whoops! Sorry Cincy! I thought you were the other guy! Still, your bank robber comparison seems nuts to me, and my questions about why you "don't buy it" still stand.
    Well that's cause I'm nuts.  But I just mean doing something illegal to help your family still means it's illegal and there are consequences should you be caught.  It's certainly not a "get out of trouble" free card.

hippiemom = goodness
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Well that's cause I'm nuts.  But I just mean doing something illegal to help your family still means it's illegal and there are consequences should you be caught.  It's certainly not a "get out of trouble" free card.

I'm not either, but there is no reason for the consequences to be tearing children away from their parents. It's entirely unnecessary, and pretty much the ultimate in human cruelty.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm not either, but there is no reason for the consequences to be tearing children away from their parents. It's entirely unnecessary, and pretty much the ultimate in human cruelty.
    Yeah I thought I already made it clear that I agree with that.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited June 2018
    I say leave them with their parents and ship them on north into Canada since the US obviously does not have the means to take care of them.  Canada’s healthcare system is much more sufficient to take care of people that do not pay for it.  Train tickets cost way less.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Well, kinda sorta. Just feels like you're contradicting yourself a little bit, that's all. But okay, got it, you're dead set against taking kids from their parents at the border.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

-his Twitter account

PJ_Soul said:
    Wait, there is nothing "the same" between the Clinton Foundation and Trump's foundation and these accusations against Trump and his kids (this isn't new news btw. The only thing that's new is that the state of New York has gathered up all the old news into a package that allows it to sue the Trumps.

Okay. So you are psyched that they banned trans folks - folks who fight for your country - from the military.... even though they failed. So you're a transphobe, and are happy about a failure there. And then you say you're happy about the RESPECT he gives the military? Hm. So much respect that he respects soldiers who don't get caught, and then got in a big fight with the family of a dead soldier because they are Muslims?
    You're psyched about the POTUS acting like an insane teenager on Twitter, and using social media to destroy international relations and to undermine his own legal team.
    And you're psyched that there is so much news about how much he sucks. Okey dokey - so you like voting for a shitty POTUS because he's shitty. Awesome.
    And you're please with how he's destroying America's trade relationships under the guise of "America First" (which will lead to economic woes for Americans).
    Met with Un.... and literally NOTHING about that meeting had anything to do with human rights at all. On the contrary.
    And then you enjoy the left "acting like cry babies slinging insults like 12 years olds".... what, what? I didn't know Trump was left wing! :lol:
    As for people being upset about "things that don't effect them".... well that's just about the most ignorant statement I've ever seen on the AMT. Actually, your whole post is. Seriously, just about everything you just said is fucking ridiculous and makes little to no sense when held up to reality. So yeah, you were right that it doesn't sense, but I really doubt that it's because you wrote it quickly or did it in 20 sessions on your phone. Sorry, I'm not trying to be an asshole... it's just that what you just wrote... there is really no other way for me to respond.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit today, Alli.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

-his Twitter account

PJ_Soul said:

No, apparently not - don't know why. Sorry about that rolemodelsinblood. Take out those points. The rest still stands.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

-his Twitter account

PJ_Soul said:

No, apparently not - don't know why. Sorry about that rolemodelsinblood. Take out those points. The rest still stands.
    Sorry, Alli.

Editors gonna edit.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    PJ_Soul said:

Read it again.  I said I'm NOT psyched about all the things you ranted about.  Before you attack someone, read what they said, take a breath and proceed.  You're so excited to lay into me you didn't even read what I actually said.  Now go ahead and edit your whole post.
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

-his Twitter account

PJ_Soul said:

Sorry, Alli.

Editors gonna edit.
    The embarrassing thing is that I have a professional editing certificate myself, lol. And an Engl Lit degree. :lol: Maybe I'm just trying to read to quickly today.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Well, kinda sorta. Just feels like you're contradicting yourself a little bit, that's all. But okay, got it, you're dead set against taking kids from their parents at the border.
    I don;t mean to contradict.  For me the reality is people are breaking the law.  Now, how you handle them (and in this case their kids) while dealing with that fact is another matter.
    hippiemom = goodness

PJ_Soul said:

Actually yes, meeting with Un IS Humanitarian http://www.islandpacket.com/news/politics-government/article212960759.html
    Obama's apologies: https://www.heritage.org/europe/report/barack-obamas-top-10-apologies-how-the-president-has-humiliated-superpower
    I'd go on but your post cries "I'm so unhappy I just want to argue and yell at someone online" and I don't play that game.
    Thanks for playing though, and lord help your university if your reading comprehension is as bad as it looks.
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I don;t mean to contradict.  For me the reality is people are breaking the law.  Now, how you handle them (and in this case their kids) while dealing with that fact is another matter.
    I don't understand why they don't just turn them around. Simply crossing the border without any illegal goods shouldn't be such a huge crime, and I don't think it deserves detention in any case (obvious exceptions aside of course).

PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

-his Twitter account

amazing that you attribute this to one side. I see just as much, if not more of this, from the right. it's baffling how the right keeps calling the left "snowflakes" when all they seem to want to do, as you proved right there, is to "drive the left mad". it's childish and just plain ridiculous. 
    I don't really mess around with social media so I may be wrong, but it seems like 90% of news out there is left angled hate towards the right.  It goes both ways of course, and I realize that, but I really don't know any conservatives personally who daily talk shit about the other side, but I know plenty of liberals who do.  It may also be that liberals are just more noticeable to me?  All I hear politics-wise from guests all day is hatred towards the right/trump, so I'm sure that weighs on my opinion.  Most of the conservatives seem to keep their mouths shut to me.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    PJ_Soul said:
    Fucking tent city yep here in 2018 to keep kids in them , go ahead tell me how proud you are to be living here today wave your stars & stripes they no longer hold any meaning to me !!!

You're preaching to the choir, Jose.

Nobody here supports Trump. Outside of BS (who doesn't have a vote), not one 10C member has openly endorsed the guy when the question has been asked over and over again.

Either that or they are too ashamed to admit they are aligned with the idiot- knowing they shouldn't be. 
    I don't recall the usernames, but I have seen a few. 
    They all seem to be over on the Porch, lol. Not surprising to see, though, that none of them know what the fuck they're talking about for the most part. Faux News viewers me thinks.
    There’s several here. I voted for him, although I wouldn’t call myself a fan or supported. He was the better of two terrible choices. Both parties put their worst candidate forward and scratched their heads at the outcome.
    its also pretty pointless bringing it up very often on here. I for one think most of the anti-Trump crowd is narrow-minded. With respect to how they view Trump voters anyway. They think all negative stereotypes apply to all conservatives and that none of them apply to their side. It’s almost laughable. There is plenty of hypocrisy and government greed to go around.
    i just read this article this morning and laughed, it goes along with my point.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/migrant-children-in-cages-2014-photos-explained-2018-5

Former Obama staff tweeted pictures from 2014 and claimed it was how Trump mistreats children at the boarder. You have to laugh at that attempt. But it’s only conservatives who pass on and fall for fake news.

PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

-his Twitter account

I don't really mess around with social media so I may be wrong, but it seems like 90% of news out there is left angled hate towards the right.  It goes both ways of course, and I realize that, but I really don't know any conservatives personally who daily talk shit about the other side, but I know plenty of liberals who do.  It may also be that liberals are just more noticeable to me?  All I hear politics-wise from guests all day is hatred towards the right/trump, so I'm sure that weighs on my opinion.  Most of the conservatives seem to keep their mouths shut to me.
    The fact is that when everything is looked at objectively, Trump comes off that bad. It's not usually "left angled hate towards the right". It's just looking at what's going on and addressing it. If that then leads to anger because the realities are just that appalling, that is nobody's fault but Trump's. What you're observing is a justified and rational reaction to outrageous shit.

PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

-his Twitter account

I'm on Twitter. The amount of people who have american flags, the words "patriot" or "MAGA" in their twitter handle and/or bio, and several of those also have "loves to trigger liberal snowflakes" is staggering. it's all over the place. and it seems their only talking points are yelling their buzzword of the day, like "triggered!", or "safe space" instead of any substance. they act like children. 

I wasn't on twitter in the obama years, but I have yet to see anyone with "Obama lover" in their handle.  Nor anything derogatory towards the Reich, um, I mean, the right. 

I can't imagine the conservatives you personally know didn't talk any shit during the obama years. come on. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:

Actually yes, meeting with Un IS Humanitarian http://www.islandpacket.com/news/politics-government/article212960759.html
    Obama's apologies: https://www.heritage.org/europe/report/barack-obamas-top-10-apologies-how-the-president-has-humiliated-superpower
    I'd go on but your post cries "I'm so unhappy I just want to argue and yell at someone online" and I don't play that game.
    Thanks for playing though, and lord help your university if your reading comprehension is as bad as it looks.
    speaking of classy. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

-his Twitter account

The fact is that when everything is looked at objectively, Trump comes off that bad. It's not usually "left angled hate towards the right". It's just looking at what's going on and addressing it. If that then leads to anger because the realities are just that appalling, that is nobody's fault but Trump's. What you're observing is a justified and rational reaction to outrageous shit.
    Ok- but have you ever thought about ratings?  These media outlets make money off of hits, so they write what folks will click on.  Never before in history have so many articles been written about mundane things.  There's articles about Trump's hair, his daily activities, Milania's clothes, his eating habits, what restaurants he goes to, it goes on and on and on.  There's a genuine obsession with all things Trump, and it sells.  I mean look at this thread alone, people are obsessed, theres hundreds of pages here.  And although there's always some important discussions revolving around the issues, most of it is just slander and garbage page after page.

And I'm not disagreeing with you at all, it's just that aside from the important stuff, we're all being inundated with stacks of garbage articles that fill us with information that isn't necessary.  It sorta feeds the frustration folks have, gives them stuff to stew over that never used to exist in former terms.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I'm concerned with the well being of these kids 11thousand of them and the harm that's being done to them to be alone at such a critical age , i'm done argiung about the orange baffoon who i despise and if you voted for him have a great time celebrating all his accomplishments but to treat children this way id a crime and a human rights violation if you can look in the mirror and say you agree with him on this issue i don't ever want to associate myself with you in any matter !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

-his Twitter account

Ok- but have you ever thought about ratings?  These media outlets make money off of hits, so they write what folks will click on.  Never before in history have so many articles been written about mundane things.  There's articles about Trump's hair, his daily activities, Milania's clothes, his eating habits, what restaurants he goes to, it goes on and on and on.  There's a genuine obsession with all things Trump, and it sells.  I mean look at this thread alone, people are obsessed, theres hundreds of pages here.  And although there's always some important discussions revolving around the issues, most of it is just slander and garbage page after page.

And I'm not disagreeing with you at all, it's just that aside from the important stuff, we're all being inundated with stacks of garbage articles that fill us with information that isn't necessary.  It sorta feeds the frustration folks have, gives them stuff to stew over that never used to exist in former terms.
    it's a new age. there has never been a president like him before.

the right are the original snowlfakes, by the way. remember Tangate?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

PJ_Soul said:

speaking of classy. 
    Well she did jump down his throat without reading the post carefully. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

speaking of classy. 
    Yup.  And then he addressed it in 1 post and then went ahead and did it again.  I can't wait for his 3rd post cutting someone down who already admitted they misread it.  Should be a classic.
    hippiemom = goodness
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

speaking of classy. 
    so that gives license to take a personal shot at someone?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD