March For Our Lives - Parkland Students Demanding Action

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-parkland-graduates-voter-registration-20180604-story,amp.html
    These kids are my heroes they should get the Nobel for their work and persistence , they are not going away anytime soon in spite of all the haters even the one here !
    Nobel really? When did you get a nobel without any results?  Activity is very different from results. I’m glad they are pushing on, but let’s wait and see before giving them an award :)
    Yep they should be in the convo ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-parkland-graduates-voter-registration-20180604-story,amp.html
    These kids are my heroes they should get the Nobel for their work and persistence , they are not going away anytime soon in spite of all the haters even the one here !
    Nobel really? When did you get a nobel without any results?  Activity is very different from results. I’m glad they are pushing on, but let’s wait and see before giving them an award :)
    Do you think video games with guns should be handed in along with all the guns?? 
    Do you think video games with guns should be handed in along with all the guns?? 
    Do you believe these kids have the right to what they are doing ?  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Do you believe these kids have the right to what they are doing ?  
    Ahem, you answered a question with a question. You know the rules. ;)

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    lol yes been caught but to answer the ? No I don’t believe the root cause of these events are caused by video games !
    last time I checked video games exist through out the world and these events don’t happen in other countries..
    Good morning I hope we have another week of no school or any mass shootings....
    Go kids !!!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Do you think video games with guns should be handed in along with all the guns

Do you believe these kids have the right to what they are doing?

Of course I do. That's their right. You say video games with guns have been around. I say guns have been around way longer. 

I  know a kid who asked their schoolmates why they were walking out of class to protest the violence. Only one kid had a clue to the issue and what their demands were for. The others got on the band wagon to take time out of class. Who's funding this summer trip for these kids?? Just like the nra has their agenda, so does the liberals and worse, the ones who know once we don't have the ability to bear arms, they'll be able to take over or attempt it. At least we can find some illegal guns that the criminals will still have hidden away once that happens. There's a reason that the right to bear arms was added to the constitution. Should we be walking around with machine guns no. Should there be background checks and wait times for gun purchases yes, but it doesn't matter how hard you try you're not taking away Americans right to bear arms. It's a horrible thing that's happening in the schools of this country but we never had kids going around shooting up schools in the past before the spoiling and pain management/drug everyone up for every and any reason and absent parents families and violence in games and media came about. Blah blah blah other countries don't have guns but they aren't in the spoiled country like ours and the ones that are use other means of violence. How many knife attacks are taking place in those countries? How many people are getting wiped off the face of the earth by their own governments because they can't defend themselves? Somethings got to change but taking guns from responsible citizens is not the answer. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Do you think video games with guns should be handed in along with all the guns

Do you believe these kids have the right to what they are doing?

Of course I do. That's their right. You say video games with guns have been around. I say guns have been around way longer. 

I  know a kid who asked their schoolmates why they were walking out of class to protest the violence. Only one kid had a clue to the issue and what their demands were for. The others got on the band wagon to take time out of class. Who's funding this summer trip for these kids?? Just like the nra has their agenda, so does the liberals and worse, the ones who know once we don't have the ability to bear arms, they'll be able to take over or attempt it. At least we can find some illegal guns that the criminals will still have hidden away once that happens. There's a reason that the right to bear arms was added to the constitution. Should we be walking around with machine guns no. Should there be background checks and wait times for gun purchases yes, but it doesn't matter how hard you try you're not taking away Americans right to bear arms. It's a horrible thing that's happening in the schools of this country but we never had kids going around shooting up schools in the past before the spoiling and pain management/drug everyone up for every and any reason and absent parents families and violence in games and media came about. Blah blah blah other countries don't have guns but they aren't in the spoiled country like ours and the ones that are use other means of violence. How many knife attacks are taking place in those countries? How many people are getting wiped off the face of the earth by their own governments because they can't defend themselves? Somethings got to change but taking guns from responsible citizens is not the answer. 

"How many knife attacks are taking place in those countries?"

Well, the UK had 215 fatal knife attacks in 2017.

The USA had 15, 549 gun fatalities - excluding suicides - in 2017.

Still think the comparison is valid?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    If you're going to blame parenting, video games and drugs (legal and illegal) then you'd be wise to bring some support to your argument. Are you aware of the history of all those things you're claiming are the cause of gun violence? Do some research and let us know what you find because right know your opinion isn't going to sway anyone. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Good morning everyone here’s to hope that some day these massacres won’t be the norm ! 
    Good morning , go kids f the haters keep the movement going !
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Good morning everyone here’s to hope that some day these massacres won’t be the norm ! 
    Hell, here's to hoping that there isn't a massacre today. :disappointed:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hell, here's to hoping that there isn't a massacre today. :disappointed:
    Yep , that's what it has come down to hoping there isn't a massacre everyday ...
    Go go kids keep it going don’t stop believing in your vision ! 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Are you saying videogames are to blame?

Videogames with guns exist in all countries... 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

And so do violent movies....

You're wasting your time, they will never get it, they worship at the altar of firearms

And guns existed in this country before kids started going to school to kill their classmates. Don't call people haters just because their opinion is different than yours. 

And guns existed in this country before kids started going to school to kill their classmates. Don't call people haters just because their opinion is different than yours. 
    I'm calling the haters that don't wan't these kids to continue with their vision their reaction to a massacre that happened in front of them is just ! So are you of the thought these kids shouldn't be doing what they are doing ? 

I'm calling the haters that don't wan't these kids to continue with their vision their reaction to a massacre that happened in front of them is just ! So are you of the thought these kids shouldn't be doing what they are doing ? 
    Of course they can and have a right to. Anyone living in this country who doesn't think anyone has a right to protest peacefully or campaign to make a change should pack up and move to another country. I agree with tougher gun laws. The NRA worries that once you make a change, how much will be changed in the future. This is like a carousel, it just keeps going round and round but...

Of course they can and have a right to. Anyone living in this country who doesn't think anyone has a right to protest peacefully or campaign to make a change should pack up and move to another country. I agree with tougher gun laws. The NRA worries that once you make a change, how much will be changed in the future. This is like a carousel, it just keeps going round and round but...
    Just like you say carousel keeps going around and around well it's about time the massacre carousel comes to a stop and these kids who were there have had enough something needs to happen and i'm on board with them ....
    It’s all about keeping kids safe & now we have another kids crisis directly caused by this administration in sick to my head I’m sorry but these people need to be put away Sessions is a racist pig and the whole administration too !!
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

Videogames aren't to blame.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Thanks for posting , unreal she survived that attack 
    Just a reminder that today there’s over 10 dad’s from parkland that won’t get a happy fathers Father’s Day greeting from their kids that were gun down !!
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Just a reminder there are 3300 dad's whose babies were aborted today.

Oh shucks, forgot that doesn't count.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    unsung said:

Seeing that this is a thread regarding Parkland, yea it doesn’t count. Start an anti-abortion thread. Pro life until you’re born.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    unsung said:

Yes go ahead and post it on the other thread  and yes let’s keep the movement going kids ! Fuck the weapons