The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    We have 4-5 local brewfests a year but this one in only its third year has already become the best. Usually I've tried most of the beers but this one has mostly new ones.
    #FHP
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Picked up some Ommegang Neon Rainbows this weekend. Pretty good.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    What a great ipa from Rhode Island. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Not sure if I’m more envious that you’re drinking a delicious beer or sitting poolside. Lol. Great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. 
    edited June 2018
    Local jersey ipa. Delish!!

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    No pool, but a nice IPA.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    ^ Nice! Lol. Where’s the brewery? 
    bbiggs said:
    Duluth, MN. Water from the great Lake Superior used to make my favorite beer. Their IPAs are outstanding.
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Not sure if I’m more envious that you’re drinking a delicious beer or sitting poolside. Lol. Great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. 
    Yeah it was an absolutely gorgeous day! Pool was 86 degrees which made for an enjoyable swim. Enjoy your weekend bud!
    tbergs said:
    No pool, but a nice IPA.
    that looks great!  I love the brewery name.
    tbergs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Duluth, MN. Water from the great Lake Superior used to make my favorite beer. Their IPAs are outstanding.
    Awesome. I haven’t seen that one so I’m guessing it doesn’t make it to IL. I’ll check Binnys next time I’m there just in case. 

mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Yeah it was an absolutely gorgeous day! Pool was 86 degrees which made for an enjoyable swim. Enjoy your weekend bud!
    That’s perfect temp right there. We got a little relief from the heat today which made for awesome weather. Finally time for a good beer or two. Enjoy the rest of your weekend too! 
    This may be the most refreshing “summer” beer I’ve ever had. I like it better than Summer Shandy in that category.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Drop the mic. Drop the effing mic!!!

This beer lived up to its hype. 

Hot damn this thing is delicious!!!

Oddside Hipster Brunch!!!

Thx to a member for getting this to me. My lord I hope u can find more for me!!!
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    ^tell us if you liked it or not. Lol
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    ^ good stuff Chris!
    Nice night to sit on the porch and savor a light summer ale because who doesn't like a blonde :wink:
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Not my first choice. 

Blondes, I mean. But, yeah, who am I kidding...it don't really matter to me. Really just require a heart beat. Maybe Bent Paddle can work on a fall time beer for me. Call it: Pulse

:lol:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    bbiggs said:
    This may be the most refreshing “summer” beer I’ve ever had. I like it better than Summer Shandy in that category.

Did this replace their summer ale?  I love the sam adams seasonal beers.
    ^ No sir. Summer ale is still there. This was an addition to their lineup. Worth checking out for sure. Very good, light and refreshing summer beer. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    ^ No sir. Summer ale is still there. This was an addition to their lineup. Worth checking out for sure. Very good, light and refreshing summer beer. 

Even though I generally hate everything from Sam Adams, I'll have to check that one out.  Always nice to have a shandy or 2 on a nice, summer day.  Shandy's are also great if you need to rally from a hangover...a good start!
    bbiggs said:

Even though I generally hate everything from Sam Adams, I'll have to check that one out.  Always nice to have a shandy or 2 on a nice, summer day.  Shandy's are also great if you need to rally from a hangover...a good start!
    Exactly. I’m definitely NOT a Sam Adams guy, but this one is good and worth grabbing a sixer of. Comparable to Leinies Summer Shandy. Good beer for being outside, BBQ, golf, etc. 
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Exactly. I’m definitely NOT a Sam Adams guy, but this one is good and worth grabbing a sixer of. Comparable to Leinies Summer Shandy. Good beer for being outside, BBQ, golf, etc. 
    Same for me. Don't like Sam Adams that much, but really enjoyed this one last summer. I think I picked up a couple for my wife as one of those make your own 6 packs, and of course she didn't finish them all so I had to do the dirty work. Perfect when put in the freezer for about 10 so it's ice cold.
    Not my first choice. 

Blondes, I mean. But, yeah, who am I kidding...it don't really matter to me. Really just require a heart beat. Maybe Bent Paddle can work on a fall time beer for me. Call it: Pulse

:lol:
    Haha! I hear you. 
    Knocking down a few daisy cutters tonight. A classic 
    I am on antibiotics for 21 days so I will be living vicariously through this thread.  Please post lots of pictures!! 
    ^ Bummer man! We’ll try to help a brother out! 
    mcgruff10 said:
    I am on antibiotics for 21 days so I will be living vicariously through this thread.  Please post lots of pictures!! 
    Dear lord man, that'll teach you to sit down on the public urinal again...
    mcgruff10 said:
    Fucking deer tick 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Fucking deer tick 
    awwwwww...

That's even worse.

The tick population has grown exponentially.

Chickens and opossums eat them.  Let's hope that local ordinances let us have hens at least on our properties...

Sorry about your tick bite.