The only truth I know is you.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Wobbie said:
    goddam russians shouldn’t be allowed in our league :angry:  :wink:
    Only one
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    It’s all Slava Fetisov’s fault. 
    I used to blame Vlad the Impaler.... but alas.  Damn shame how his career was wrecked when he was trying to do the right thing. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    That save by Holtby at the end was... WOW!!  I thought for sure Vegas had tied it up, as did everyone in the stadium it seemed, and everyone in the bar.

What a great series so far.  I hope it goes 7 and every game is like these first two!

which save? off tuch?
    Yep.

meh. tuch needed to elevate that. holtby was lucky.
    Tuch should have elevated it yes... But that wasn't luck, that was skill and strength by one of the best netminders in the league.
    1/4 to 1/2 inch either way it hits off the stick and goes in. great play to be in that position, but luck that it hit the shaft perfectly squarely and just died there. 
    But you have to have the skill to even make the play in the first place.  To have the awareness, timing, and athleticism to put the stick in the perfect position to make the play has nothing to do with luck.  Luck would be tossing the stick and hoping for the best.

Or you can steal Vezina Trophies and Stanley Cups by being a fat tub of shit like Brodeur. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    That save by Holtby at the end was... WOW!!  I thought for sure Vegas had tied it up, as did everyone in the stadium it seemed, and everyone in the bar.

What a great series so far.  I hope it goes 7 and every game is like these first two!

which save? off tuch?
    Yep.

meh. tuch needed to elevate that. holtby was lucky.
    Tuch should have elevated it yes... But that wasn't luck, that was skill and strength by one of the best netminders in the league.
    1/4 to 1/2 inch either way it hits off the stick and goes in. great play to be in that position, but luck that it hit the shaft perfectly squarely and just died there. 
    But you have to have the skill to even make the play in the first place.  To have the awareness, timing, and athleticism to put the stick in the perfect position to make the play has nothing to do with luck.  Luck would be tossing the stick and hoping for the best.

Or you can steal Vezina Trophies and Stanley Cups by being a fat tub of shit like Brodeur. 

sad and bitter.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    I can see the Caps ending this in 2.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Looks like the Vegas magic is finally wearing off.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

good game last night, Fleury not playing well.  
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    The Knights look lost out there.  It's like they woke up from their dream...
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Ovechkin and the Capitals deserves a championship...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    The Caps are fine.  Ovechkin is a POS Putin Stooge.  

The West sucks.  You could see the lack of skill players during the last two rounds out there.  I knew either Washington or Tampa would hammer them.  
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I agree.  A team that was born in the 70s, who never won a finals game until last week.  They have had a bunch of good teams (after starting out as the worst team in history).  Poile (the Nashville GM) built some solid teams there in the late 80s/early 90s that couldnt get over the hump, then the Penguins' mini dynasty happened.  They came back and had a few decent teams later in the 90s but fell on hard times.  Ovechkin and some good management pulled them out of it and they have been good for over a decade with very little pay-off.  
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    I've seen a lot of people say this and I disagree.  What about them makes them more deserving than any other team?  No team or player deserves a championship.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    MayDay10 said:
    I agree.  A team that was born in the 70s, who never won a finals game until last week.  They have had a bunch of good teams (after starting out as the worst team in history).  Poile (the Nashville GM) built some solid teams there in the late 80s/early 90s that couldnt get over the hump, then the Penguins' mini dynasty happened.  They came back and had a few decent teams later in the 90s but fell on hard times.  Ovechkin and some good management pulled them out of it and they have been good for over a decade with very little pay-off.  
    Agreed.  I was pulling for Vegas.  But Washington and Ovechkin deserve to win.  Vegas has a good team.  Lets see if they make tweaks to become better...

Now it's time for Buffalo to get it together.  A good start will be adding the Swedish defensemen ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Continually double and triple teaming one player isn't going to get you much of anywhere.  "Shut down Ovi" is a terrible strategy.  Not only is he going to beat you, you're leaving a 4-on-2 or 4-on-3 open on the rest of the ice.  Play the game you've played all year. It got you where you are, trust in it.

That said, I don't think the 90's Red Wings would beat this Caps team right now.  They're flat out firing on all cylinders!
    KC138045 said:
    I've seen a lot of people say this and I disagree.  What about them makes them more deserving than any other team?  No team or player deserves a championship.
    Canada deserves one.  It's been too long. 
    mrussel1 said:
    KC138045 said:
    I'd like to see the Leafs break the drought.
    mrussel1 said:
    KC138045 said:
    I'd like to see the Leafs break the drought.
    I'd be more than okay with that.  Would have loved to seen the Jets do it.
    I'd say if any team breaks the drought in Canada it will be Winnipeg...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    KC138045 said:
    I think of it in terms of the fans.... and also a lot of the management/ownership/employees.  After that comes the players, if there is a guy who is a superstar who hasnt been able to close it, or even a role player with 1,000 games who has never won a cup.      

Now it's time for Buffalo to get it together.  A good start will be adding the Swedish defensemen ...
    As far as longest droughts....

we have:  
    Toronto - Last won Cup in 1967 (spring)
    St. Louis - Started in 1967 (fall), never won 
    Minnesota is an exception.  They started in 1967, never won it, relocated, then got an expansion franchise and still hasnt won (while the original North Stars went on to win one in Dallas).  I add them here because their fans are as legit as any.
    Vancouver - Started in 1970, never won (game 7 of SCF 2x)
    Buffalo - Started in 1970, never won (game 6 of SCF 2x, never had a potential clincher)
    Capitals - Started in 1974-75, never won (was swept in finals once prior to 2018)
    Flyers - Haven't won since 1975
    Winnipeg / Arizona - Started in 1979, never won

everyone else has won, or started as a franchise in the 80s or later.... 
    Buffalo got fucked with that crease call.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    this city will fucking burn if that happens. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:
    Buffalo got fucked with that crease call.  
    Yes they did!!
    KC138045 said:
    If they win 16 playoff games then it's deserved.  The Caps have had great playoffs...
    Give Peas A Chance…

Winnipeg is young and talented and I think they will get better ...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    KC138045 said:
    If they win 16 playoff games then it's deserved.  The Caps have had great playoffs...
    That's not the point.  People are saying asshole Ovi and the Caps deserve it because of their history of losing in the second round and what he's done in his career and so on.  I think that's a load of crap.  A lot of athletes have long successful careers without winning a championship.  Doesn't mean they deserve one more than anyone else.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:
    KC138045 said:
    That's not the point.  People are saying asshole Ovi and the Caps deserve it because of their history of losing in the second round and what he's done in his career and so on.  I think that's a load of crap.  A lot of athletes have long successful careers without winning a championship.  Doesn't mean they deserve one more than anyone else.
    ^^ This guy gets it!! 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Winnipeg is young and talented and I think they will get better ...

i agree. I just think this city will lose its fucking mind if we win. we haven't even won a GREY Cup in a frickin' 8 or 9 team league since 1990. 28 years with a 1 in 8 or 9 chance every year. that's mind boggling. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD