Options

Roseanne Barr

Comments

• Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    tbergs said:
    fife said:
    tbergs said:
    Just an observation, but it seems most on here are also refraining from actually typing the word "cunt" and opting for c-word, but we've all dropped other cuss words without a second thought. Is it because it does carry more weight in our current culture or because we're afraid the mods will become upset, which goes back to my first point? 
    Because like it or not, words take on meanings and become worse than other words....and the c-word is one of those bad words.  Its a dehumanizing way to degrade a woman. 
    But is it, though?  LIke I mentioned before, the US seems to be the only majority English-speaking nation that has a problem with it.  I call my male friends cunts quite a bit.  Has nothing to do with dehumanzing a female and I don't think of females or female anatomy when I call them that, nor is it the intended reference.  It's just my way of saying  "you fucking idiot!"  Like the English & Aussies do.

American women are also often digusted & offended by another word.  Next thing you know we won't be able to say "moist" in public.
    there are so many issues with this post.

1st off, its not just a US issue. 
    2nd do you call your female friends the c-word alot also?  i find it interesting that you write male friends instead.
    3rd, I know many woman who have been called c by men who were abusive toward them.  it is a dehumanzing term.
    4th, i like how you just basically say to woman to suck it up about words and then compare the C word to moist
    Abused women, children and men are called a lot of things which include every swear word you can think of, so that would be like saying every swear word is dehumanizing. Bitch is a female dog in heat and is the only one I can think of that derives from an animal. We shit, fuck and piss so the rest have all derived from some part of our anatomy or bodily functions. 
    would you agree that there are words that are used toward a certain population that  if said outside of that population would not be as offensive? for example, calling a white person the N word  is not the same thing as calling a black person the N word.  why because the N word has been used to degrade black people.  the C word has also been historically used to degrade woman and only woman.  there is no word like that for children and men except for the word "faggot".  that is the big difference between those type of words and swear words like fuck, shithead etc etc.

the reason i added the 3rd point is because i believe its a different type of abuse.  it can take away a person self identity just like the N word.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    fife said:
    tbergs said:
    Just an observation, but it seems most on here are also refraining from actually typing the word "cunt" and opting for c-word, but we've all dropped other cuss words without a second thought. Is it because it does carry more weight in our current culture or because we're afraid the mods will become upset, which goes back to my first point? 
    Because like it or not, words take on meanings and become worse than other words....and the c-word is one of those bad words.  Its a dehumanizing way to degrade a woman. 
    But is it, though?  LIke I mentioned before, the US seems to be the only majority English-speaking nation that has a problem with it.  I call my male friends cunts quite a bit.  Has nothing to do with dehumanzing a female and I don't think of females or female anatomy when I call them that, nor is it the intended reference.  It's just my way of saying  "you fucking idiot!"  Like the English & Aussies do.

American women are also often digusted & offended by another word.  Next thing you know we won't be able to say "moist" in public.

2nd do you call your female friends the c-word alot also?  i find it interesting that you write male friends instead.
    3rd, I know many woman who have been called c by men who were abusive toward them.  it is a dehumanzing term.
    4th, i like how you just basically say to woman to suck it up about words and then compare the C word to moist
    Abused women, children and men are called a lot of things which include every swear word you can think of, so that would be like saying every swear word is dehumanizing. Bitch is a female dog in heat and is the only one I can think of that derives from an animal. We shit, fuck and piss so the rest have all derived from some part of our anatomy or bodily functions. 
    Exactly. Singling out the c-word makes absolutely no sense at all.
    Context is everything. If you call an abused woman a stupid jerk while she's being abused, that is no better at all. But that isn't stopping people from saying stupid jerk.
    Right context is everything.  If you call your buddy a c-word cause he spilled his beer on you, that's one thing.  If you use it while attacking a woman for something you disagree with it's a completely other thing.  But of course since we have the news on TV and other violent shows fuck it, let's allow everything!!!
    exactly. not sure why this is so hard for some to understand.

and does Law and Order show actual rape and abuse?  not that i'm aware of but I honestly don't watch it.
    Well, no, of course it doesn't show the actual act of rape, It's not an R rated movie, but simulated assault from a first person perspective is common.

And the reason this keeps coming up is because several comments have been made about how this was said on TV, where thousands of other vulgar comments, statements and acts are aired on a daily basis, but yet somehow this is supposed to be the comment where we draw the line? What the fuck? For those who are offended, yes, you can be equally offended by Bee's statement and Barr's tweet, but then you should also be equally offended by the constant garbage heap of shit that is spewed from TV and Cable on a daily basis that isn't making headlines because it can't be used to drive some false equivalency about how liberals and conservatives are treated in response to these instances.

Besides that, isn't TV the least watched/followed form of media platform we have these days. On top of that, it's cable. I can go on Netflix and pick out any one comedy special on there and it would be more offensive. Someone being called a derogatory name on TV concerns me very little about the state of our society.

I guess I just don't get it. I'm not upset about Bee calling Ivanka a name some find offensive because I don't find it dehumanizing. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    pjhawks said:
    brianlux said:
    Grown American adults name calling.  Proof yet again the America had largely become an immature, dysfunctional nation of over-grown adolescents. 
    exactly.  Samantha Bee was 100% out of line.  You shouldn't and cannot call a woman that on television.  yes I dislike almost everything about this administration but her point could have been made so much better without that line.  it totally obscured the point she was trying to make.  

I also think it's total bullshit people calling out Ivanka for posting a picture on Instagram with her child because of the administration's immigration policies. Really people? come on she was posting a picture of herself and her child. it wasn't a political statement. it was a mom posting a pic. nothing more nothing less.

I have to wonder what is the right tact today.  Should us opposed to Trump and his policies lower ourselves to his level to battle him? I get you want to fight a bully but maybe the tact should be less that he is an asshole and more of why he is an asshole.  I feel we are losing touch with the issues by just name calling him and his administration all the time.  As I said above Samantha Bee could have made a great point without calling Ivanka what she did.  By calling her a name she made her point so much less compelling.  We on the other side need to take a lesson from this.
    Well said, pjh.  No, we should not lower ourselves to his level.  Any opposition to Trump should be well thought out, mature, and strategic.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,580
    tbergs said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    fife said:
    tbergs said:

Context is everything. If you call an abused woman a stupid jerk while she's being abused, that is no better at all. But that isn't stopping people from saying stupid jerk.
    Right context is everything.  If you call your buddy a c-word cause he spilled his beer on you, that's one thing.  If you use it while attacking a woman for something you disagree with it's a completely other thing.  But of course since we have the news on TV and other violent shows fuck it, let's allow everything!!!
    exactly. not sure why this is so hard for some to understand.

and does Law and Order show actual rape and abuse?  not that i'm aware of but I honestly don't watch it.
    Well, no, of course it doesn't show the actual act of rape, It's not an R rated movie, but simulated assault from a first person perspective is common.

And the reason this keeps coming up is because several comments have been made about how this was said on TV, where thousands of other vulgar comments, statements and acts are aired on a daily basis, but yet somehow this is supposed to be the comment where we draw the line? What the fuck? For those who are offended, yes, you can be equally offended by Bee's statement and Barr's tweet, but then you should also be equally offended by the constant garbage heap of shit that is spewed from TV and Cable on a daily basis that isn't making headlines because it can't be used to drive some false equivalency about how liberals and conservatives are treated in response to these instances.

Besides that, isn't TV the least watched/followed form of media platform we have these days. On top of that, it's cable. I can go on Netflix and pick out any one comedy special on there and it would be more offensive. Someone being called a derogatory name on TV concerns me very little about the state of our society.

I guess I just don't get it. I'm not upset about Bee calling Ivanka a name some find offensive because I don't find it dehumanizing. 
    CNN had a great series on the history of comedy and it really touched on what makes a word funny and in what context. It was fascinating to listen to comedians talk about how it felt to bomb because they knew they said something that offended. And just as interesting was hearing how some said fuck it, I don’t care if it offends you, I’m rolling with it. Very interesting perspectives and it always seemed to come back to who the audience was.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Roseanne once called Hillary a cunt. Nugent called her a cunt as well and got invited to the fucking white house. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    Roseanne once called Hillary a cunt. Nugent called her a cunt as well and got invited to the fucking white house. 
    Yep and Nugent also degraded Michelle Obama and got his picture taken in the WH with our embarresment of a President ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,580
    How’s Melania’s anti-bullying campaign progressing?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    She has not been heard or seen since then , Baffoon probably demanded she stop promoting anti government programs ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    fife said:
    tbergs said:

Meanwhile, it's truly a testament to the power of distraction that on a thread titled Roseanne Barr, created about her abhorrent comparison of black persons to apes, we're talking about the validity of the c-word.
    No it;s just that the other topic would be a 100% circle jerk as everyone agrees.  You want 100 pages of ...

"Yup racist"

"Yes siree that's racist"

"Wow racist comment there"

"That there is Racist"

Honestly, it'd give me a lot more faith in humanity than this bullshit we're seeing here. Nine pages (and counting) because of manufactured outrage that we don't consider Ivanka Trump being called a c**t as egregious as Roseanne Barr equating black people (not one individual, but literally all dark-skinned humans) with apes. The modern state of affairs is beyond astounding to me. This is why I come on here and preach doom and gloom - because we, as a race, are FUBAR. Common sense is completely uncommon, and human decency is a myth on a global scale.
    I for one have no outrage, let alone the manufactured kind, haha.
    (seriously though, I'm not sure why people are bothered about this thread, and see no reason to related it to a lack of common sense or human decency)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    How low is Roseanne's Barr?  Yeah, about like this...

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    PJ_Soul said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    fife said:
    tbergs said:

Meanwhile, it's truly a testament to the power of distraction that on a thread titled Roseanne Barr, created about her abhorrent comparison of black persons to apes, we're talking about the validity of the c-word.
    No it;s just that the other topic would be a 100% circle jerk as everyone agrees.  You want 100 pages of ...

"Yup racist"

"Yes siree that's racist"

"Wow racist comment there"

"That there is Racist"

Honestly, it'd give me a lot more faith in humanity than this bullshit we're seeing here. Nine pages (and counting) because of manufactured outrage that we don't consider Ivanka Trump being called a c**t as egregious as Roseanne Barr equating black people (not one individual, but literally all dark-skinned humans) with apes. The modern state of affairs is beyond astounding to me. This is why I come on here and preach doom and gloom - because we, as a race, are FUBAR. Common sense is completely uncommon, and human decency is a myth on a global scale.
    I for one have no outrage, let alone the manufactured kind, haha.
    (seriously though, I'm not sure why people are bothered about this thread, and see no reason to related it to a lack of common sense or human decency)
    Yeah but you sound smart when you spout off stuff like that. It’s the cool thing to do, all the cool kids are doing it.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Bee just lost state farm and auto trader as sponsors.  

Autotrader declined to elaborate on its decision in a statement to HuffPost.

Insurance company State Farm shortly followed suit.

“We have asked TBS to suspend our advertising in the program and are reviewing any future placements,” the company told The Wrap. “We constantly review programs to ensure alignment to our programming guidelines and brand values.”

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited June 2018
    Ugh, that's a grim slippery slope, given the circumstances. This really has gotten stupid, and not because we're talking about it..... The last thing anyone needs is for America to dig deeper into that puritanical "morality" trap on cable television. I actually thought America was improving a bit on that front, and now this.
    How far will advertisers go when it comes to comedians insulting public figures I wonder? (I mean outside of blatant racism obviously)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    brianlux said:
    pjhawks said:
    brianlux said:
    Grown American adults name calling.  Proof yet again the America had largely become an immature, dysfunctional nation of over-grown adolescents. 
    exactly.  Samantha Bee was 100% out of line.  You shouldn't and cannot call a woman that on television.  yes I dislike almost everything about this administration but her point could have been made so much better without that line.  it totally obscured the point she was trying to make.  

I also think it's total bullshit people calling out Ivanka for posting a picture on Instagram with her child because of the administration's immigration policies. Really people? come on she was posting a picture of herself and her child. it wasn't a political statement. it was a mom posting a pic. nothing more nothing less.

I have to wonder what is the right tact today.  Should us opposed to Trump and his policies lower ourselves to his level to battle him? I get you want to fight a bully but maybe the tact should be less that he is an asshole and more of why he is an asshole.  I feel we are losing touch with the issues by just name calling him and his administration all the time.  As I said above Samantha Bee could have made a great point without calling Ivanka what she did.  By calling her a name she made her point so much less compelling.  We on the other side need to take a lesson from this.
    Well said, pjh.  No, we should not lower ourselves to his level.  Any opposition to Trump should be well thought out, mature, and strategic.
    this approach is why trump supporters think that us liberals are pussies. i am tired of taking the high ground, but we are never, ever going to lure his base away from him. our energy is better spent staying above it and just trying to get our vote out.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Bee just lost state farm and auto trader as sponsors.  

Autotrader declined to elaborate on its decision in a statement to HuffPost.

Insurance company State Farm shortly followed suit.

“We have asked TBS to suspend our advertising in the program and are reviewing any future placements,” the company told The Wrap. “We constantly review programs to ensure alignment to our programming guidelines and brand values.”

operative word is suspended. they will be back.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    brianlux said:

"when they go low, we go high" did not work, as much as it pains me to admit. 
    it never fucking works. ever. i'm sick to death of this approach. keep that shit up and the dems will lose another election.

• Options
    tbergs said:
    So since it appears people on AMT have lost their collective minds due to trump overload... let me run it down for you:

1) you can be upset/outraged whatever you want to call it about Rosanne and believe it was a racist tweet and...
    2) still think Samantha Bee using the c-word on TBS in reference to another woman is horrible and....
    3) think it was terrible when Rush and others attacked a young Chelsea Clinton in horrible ways and...
    4) think that the US needs gun control.

I would have thought it was obvious but since everyone is deflecting maybe it wasn’t. 
    Ok, yes, you can be upset about both and all, but I don't think that is what anyone is arguing against. The main point is that name calling, while rude and childish, does not garner the same impact. You find calling someone the C-word horrible, why? You are obviously entitled to your opinion and have every right to be mad about it, but in the scheme of things, who cares? I wouldn't care if Kellyanne called Hillary the same name, but I'm sure some hardcore liberals might feign the same outrage conservatives are spewing now over Bee.

Much like Bee, Ivanka is an adult and her actions and choices are going to be criticized and may outrage people to the point of where they say some vulgar things which are in direct correlation to their action/inaction on certain issues.
    Ask Kat why that name calling is rude, vulgar and awful.....cause if I called you that I'd get a warning / ban here wouldn't I?  Words like that are intended to dehumanize the person being attacked.  That's not a good thing.  She could have said any number of profane words and it wouldn't be as big a deal....she went for 1 of the worst words she could think of to get attention....and it worked, just not the attention she wanted.
    you are making a bad point. samantha bee has her own show. her. own. show. she can say what she wants. you and i are guests on someone else's forum. we have to play by their rules or we get warned or banned. false equivalency.

• Options
    She has not been heard or seen since then , Baffoon probably demanded she stop promoting anti government programs ...
    she has been out of the spotlight for 22 days.. maybe she is doing 28 days in rehab somewhere? maybe she is talking to mueller. she is not going to camp david this weekend, so maybe she is moving back home? nobody knows. 

• Options
    brianlux said:
    pjhawks said:
    brianlux said:

this approach is why trump supporters think that us liberals are pussies. i am tired of taking the high ground, but we are never, ever going to lure his base away from him. our energy is better spent staying above it and just trying to get our vote out.
    Correct.

Meatheads aren't looking at people taking the high road and learning anything by that. If anything... when someone turns their nose up and says wrestling in the mud is beneath them... the meatheads become more detached and more antagonistic.

Sometimes... when you wrestle with pigs... you get dirty.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    pjhawks said:
    brianlux said:

This!

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    edited June 2018
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    pjhawks said:
    brianlux said:

This!
    and persuading  the 90 million. or so who didnt vote to do so....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    pjhawks said:
    brianlux said:

This!
    and persuading  the 90 moolio. or so who didnt vote to do so....
    That still boggles my mind.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    I can’t imagine anyone calling my daughter the c-word so I get why trump was so involved with this particular story. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I can’t imagine anyone calling my daughter the c-word so I get why trump was so involved with this particular story. 
    except its been ok for him to use it about a reporter to her boss and I hear their may be audio of him using it in reference to Katie Couric......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    I can't imagine being someone who demeans and belittles people in public on a daily basis making a public statement demanding action for something he's never apologized for doing over and over while Puerto Rico is still in bedlam and you've just started a trade war with your closest allies. Interesting world he must live in. Verbally respect my daughter, but I'll sexually assault and demean yours and any one I can because I'm rich. Ick, just fucking ick.

Take it Ed. Make sure you listen to the first few lines :wink:

*CAUTION*
    May be offensive to those who dislike 4 letter c-words.

https://youtu.be/RbzpQXK_s-c
    Post edited by tbergs on
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    tbergs said:
    So since it appears people on AMT have lost their collective minds due to trump overload... let me run it down for you:

1) you can be upset/outraged whatever you want to call it about Rosanne and believe it was a racist tweet and...
    2) still think Samantha Bee using the c-word on TBS in reference to another woman is horrible and....
    3) think it was terrible when Rush and others attacked a young Chelsea Clinton in horrible ways and...

I would have thought it was obvious but since everyone is deflecting maybe it wasn’t. 
    Ok, yes, you can be upset about both and all, but I don't think that is what anyone is arguing against. The main point is that name calling, while rude and childish, does not garner the same impact. You find calling someone the C-word horrible, why? You are obviously entitled to your opinion and have every right to be mad about it, but in the scheme of things, who cares? I wouldn't care if Kellyanne called Hillary the same name, but I'm sure some hardcore liberals might feign the same outrage conservatives are spewing now over Bee.

Much like Bee, Ivanka is an adult and her actions and choices are going to be criticized and may outrage people to the point of where they say some vulgar things which are in direct correlation to their action/inaction on certain issues.
    Ask Kat why that name calling is rude, vulgar and awful.....cause if I called you that I'd get a warning / ban here wouldn't I?  Words like that are intended to dehumanize the person being attacked.  That's not a good thing.  She could have said any number of profane words and it wouldn't be as big a deal....she went for 1 of the worst words she could think of to get attention....and it worked, just not the attention she wanted.
    you are making a bad point. samantha bee has her own show. her. own. show. she can say what she wants. you and i are guests on someone else's forum. we have to play by their rules or we get warned or banned. false equivalency.
    Not true. She has her own show....on someone else’s network.....distributed by someone else and paid for by a lot of someone else’s. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I can't imagine being someone who demeans and belittles people in public on a daily basis making a public statement demanding action for something he's never apologized for doing over and over while Puerto Rico is still in bedlam and you've just started a trade war with your closest allies. Interesting world he must live in. Verbally respect my daughter, but I'll sexually assault and demean yours and any one I can because I'm rich. Ick, just fucking ick.

The trade war he has initiated will help far fewer people than the amount it will hurt.

I'm assuming this latest McDonald moment will solve itself. Smarter people will use their Jedi mind tricks and convince him to be reasonable.

He wants a 'fair' deal. But his idea of fair is the US as the gimp and other countries ties to a pommel horse with cue balls stuffed up their mouths.

We will all survive, but f**k he's getting annoying.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

The trade war he has initiated will help far fewer people than the amount it will hurt.

I'm assuming this latest McDonald moment will solve itself. Smarter people will use their Jedi mind tricks and convince him to be reasonable.

He wants a 'fair' deal. But his idea of fair is the US as the gimp and other countries ties to a pommel horse with cue balls stuffed up their mouths.

We will all survive, but f**k he's getting annoying.
    As long as he gets a Zed like day of reckoning all will be right with the force. Maybe some of those "bad hombres" know how to swing a good lead pipe.
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Not true. She has her own show....on someone else’s network.....distributed by someone else and paid for by a lot of someone else’s. 

and I would assume, given past language used, she was free to speak as she wishes on that network.

seems there are more than one definition to that word in use worldwide.

Would it have been less offensive to use the word bitch instead?

• Options
    It's never about the words.  Words are just shapes on paper or screens or sounds in the air.  It's all about the intent.