*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    For how good of a season this was, how is it gonna end so badly?

Simmons is a fucking pussy. I hope he gets angry in the offseason 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383

he’s only a rookie....sort of.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

he’s only a rookie....sort of.
    Simmon’s Mom doesn’t care about his rookie of the year as much as you do...goodness
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    For how good of a season this was, how is it gonna end so badly?

Take it easy, it's his first playoff and first season.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    I had been drinking but it was still bad. I do hope he gets angry and comes out like a maniac next season...with some sort of shot
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    I know some people are blaming Brett Brown for the three loses ( which i can kinda see) but i don't see why people want to see him go.  He did lead them pretty damn far.  Hopefully they at least don't get swept.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172
    I know some people are blaming Brett Brown for the three loses ( which i can kinda see) but i don't see why people want to see him go.  He did lead them pretty damn far.  Hopefully they at least don't get swept.
    agree it's not his fault his two best players have mostly sucked.  Simmons missed dunk and the last pass were plays that just can't happen.  And Embiid needs to get in better condition.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    pjhawks said:
    agree it's not his fault his two best players have mostly sucked.  Simmons missed dunk and the last pass were plays that just can't happen.  And Embiid needs to get in better condition.
    I still think the coach needs to go for all the above mentioned reasons.   I do believe that @The Juggler is right about being one player away.  Get one more hard nosed vet in there and that will go a long way.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    I had been drinking but it was still bad. I do hope he gets angry and comes out like a maniac next season...with some sort of shot

drunk posting :lol: it’s like when trump tweets.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    pjhawks said:
    I still think the coach needs to go for all the above mentioned reasons.   I do believe that @The Juggler is right about being one player away.  Get one more hard nosed vet in there and that will go a long way.
    If that player is LeBron
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    If that player is LeBron
    Lebron can take ANY team to the next level...
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    That end of regulation and OT was brutal. 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    pjhawks said:
    So the coach needs to go because Simmons and Embiid have not played well and they're one player away? What kind of sense does that make? None. 

This team is a year ahead of schedule and got further than anyone thought they'd go. Coaching plays a huge part in that. If these same problems are happening this time next year, then you think about making a change. Doing so now would be a stupid and unnecessary mistake. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    At least I can celebrate that the B's are out of it. Thank you, Bolts!!!!!

After the Super Bowl, I was really hoping that another team from Philly could silence the Massholes. It's OK, though. LeBron's got next.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Super Bowl was on again last night. Needed that after this last week...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    So the coach needs to go because Simmons and Embiid have not played well and they're one player away? What kind of sense does that make? None. 

This team is a year ahead of schedule and got further than anyone thought they'd go. Coaching plays a huge part in that. If these same problems are happening this time next year, then you think about making a change. Doing so now would be a stupid and unnecessary mistake. 

You are up by 15 with 3 minutes to go and Boston goes on a run.  Do you call a TO or let them play?  Brown said let them play.

Do you put Fultze in any of these games?  Brown says no.

Do you make sure your team is well prepared after having 6 days off?  Brown did not.

Shall I go on?

pjhawks said:

You are up by 15 with 3 minutes to go and Boston goes on a run.  Do you call a TO or let them play?  Brown said let them play.

Do you make sure your team is well prepared after having 6 days off?  Brown did not.

Shall I go on?

You sound like exactly like Stephen A Smith (puke)....since, you know, this is the same exact stuff Stephen A Smith was yelling about minutes after the game ended on Saturday.

Yes you call a timeout. No you don't play Fultz who isn't ready to contribute .No you don't blame the coach for a team being rusty after an unusual amount of time off.

There are things you can complain about with the coaching, and he has been outcoached-  no doubt about it- (Stephens is one of the best coaches in the league) but not playing a player who is clearly not ready to play at this level and blaming him on a team being rusty after a long layoff is pretty funny.

You don't fire a guy who managed to get his team, who many thought would win 40ish games and squeak into the playoffs, to the second round of the playoffs as the 3 seed after winning 52. That's an irrational way of looking at things. 

No offense but you sound like a lot of people I'm talking to lately who have not followed this team the last few years....then started watching at times this year...starting really paying attention during the win streak..and then assigned extremely unrealistic expectations....and are now pissed those unrealistic expectations are not being met.

They're a young, incomplete team, who is learning how to win. Takes time. They're in a fantastic place moving forward. Trust....

chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

Shall I go on?

You sound like exactly like Stephen A Smith (puke)....since, you know, this is the same exact stuff Stephen A Smith was yelling about minutes after the game ended on Saturday.

Yes you call a timeout. No you don't play Fultz who isn't ready to contribute .No you don't blame the coach for a team being rusty after an unusual amount of time off.

There are things you can complain about with the coaching, and he has been outcoached-  no doubt about it- (Stephens is one of the best coaches in the league) but not playing a player who is clearly not ready to play at this level and blaming him on a team being rusty after a long layoff is pretty funny.

You don't fire a guy who managed to get his team, who many thought would win 40ish games and squeak into the playoffs, to the second round of the playoffs as the 3 seed after winning 52. That's an irrational way of looking at things. 

No offense but you sound like a lot of people I'm talking to lately who have not followed this team the last few years....then started watching at times this year...starting really paying attention during the win streak..and then assigned extremely unrealistic expectations....and are now pissed those unrealistic expectations are not being met.

They're a young, incomplete team, who is learning how to win. Takes time. They're in a fantastic place moving forward. Trust....

You also thought I was nuts when I said the Celts would beat them in 5...

edited May 2018
    pjhawks said:

Shall I go on?

You also didn't trust the process that got them to this point in the first place...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

Shall I go on?

You also didn't trust the process that got them to this point in the first place...
    We are going tit for tat now?

I've already admitted that I hated the process but it is doing good for them.

I just see that there needs more to be done for them to take them even further.  Brown may be good at development but something else is lacking.  Not sure what it is yet.
    pjhawks said:

Shall I go on?

I just see that there needs more to be done for them to take them even further.  Brown may be good at development but something else is lacking.  Not sure what it is yet.

My two and a half year old nephew knows more needs to be done. The team is incomplete. So to call for the coach's firing after he took an incomplete team this far is pretty ridiculous.

If, after they add the missing pieces, the same problems remain---then you look at the coach.

chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

Shall I go on?

My two and a half year old nephew knows more needs to be done. The team is incomplete. So to call for the coach's firing after he took an incomplete team this far is pretty ridiculous.

If, after they add the missing pieces, the same problems remain---then you look at the coach.

I will agree to that.  The guy did take the job in full on rebuild mode too and stuck with it.

Your nephew is pretty smart too...
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    76ers are at least a year ahead of schedule maybe 2. I was thinking at the start of the season they could get a 7th or  8th seed and play one round in the playoffs, and i would sign up for that. They gave me so much more then that. 

I do agree with Jug, that Brown should stay, but if the 76ers are having the same problems as this year then i can see him being replaced. I don't agree with Jug on Fultz though. I think we can agree that the 76ers are not gonna win the Championship this year? So, i say play him, (even if its for 8-15 minutes) and get him the playoff experience NOW.  Sitting him on the bench is doing him NO good.
    cutz said:
    76ers are at least a year ahead of schedule maybe 2. I was thinking at the start of the season they could get a 7th or  8th seed and play one round in the playoffs, and i would sign up for that. They gave me so much more then that. 

I do agree with Jug, that Brown should stay, but if the 76ers are having the same problems as this year then i can see him being replaced. I don't agree with Jug on Fultz though. I think we can agree that the 76ers are not gonna win the Championship this year? So, i say play him, (even if its for 8-15 minutes) and get him the playoff experience NOW.  Sitting him on the bench is doing him NO good.

Yeah I can understand that logic in the regular season but in the playoffs, especially in a series they were favored in, I'm trying to win. He looked completely lost the last few times he was in during the Heat series. If they wanted to give him some run against the Celtics, it should be limited to whenever Larkin is on the court for the Celtics. Dude needs to come into training camp resembling the guy we drafted....and, of course, Simmons needs to come in with a 15 footer.

Justin Anderson is the guy I think deserves more minutes. Belinelli was a nice addition and is great when his weird shot is falling but he such a huge liability on the defensive side. He's a turnstile out there. I'd give Anderson 10+ minutes a game just for the toughness be brings on defense. You need that in the playoffs.  

chinese-happy.jpg
    PLAYOFF
    TJ
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    glad they didn't get swept. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    The middle schooler's Mom took him for a haircut and it did wonders. Not having to constantly brush the hair out of his eyes, he played great. Props.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    The 8:30 start time is better. This whole having a kid thing throws a wrench in your evening and I couldn’t settle in until 8 or so. I barely saw 5 minutes of this game 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    The 8:30 start time is better. This whole having a kid thing throws a wrench in your evening and I couldn’t settle in until 8 or so. I barely saw 5 minutes of this game 
    I had something to do too. That's why i set the DVR.

Nice to see Saric have a good game.

Glad they won, but i still think they missed a lot of open shots. Celtics better HOPE the 76ers don't start making those shots or this Series will get very interesting.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    TJ and Dario save the day. Staying alive. Love how Rozier can throw punches with now ramifications.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer