David Letterman is Back

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Bit of a fluffy interview by Dave. Still enjoyed it though
    lemme ask you then, just what are or were your expectations for this series and episode specifically.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mickeyrat said:
    Bit of a fluffy interview by Dave. Still enjoyed it though
    lemme ask you then, just what are or were your expectations for this series and episode specifically.
    Without the confines of a nightly show, with commercial breaks, on a major network, I expected a little more depth than what we got. Always felt Dave is one of the best interviewers out there and was excited that he'd have this much time to dive into things.....this struck me as similar to the kind of interview he would do on his old show, just longer. The John Lewis part was very good. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    On May 1st 1998, Pearl Jam appeared on the 1,000th episode of The Late Show with David Letterman and performed Wishlist 
    https://youtu.be/-wg4MRt6m4g
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    On May 1st 1998, Pearl Jam appeared on the 1,000th episode of The Late Show with David Letterman and performed Wishlist 
    https://youtu.be/-wg4MRt6m4g
    ...3 months after the album came out
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Maybe I am just obsessed with Dave but here is a great article with him and Seinfeld

Season 2 My Next Guest Needs No Introduction premieres May 31.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Season 3 out with 4 episodes up

• mickeyrat said:
    Nice surprise! 

*steals brothers netflix login*
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    mickeyrat said:
    Who are the guests so far? I canceled Netflix last winter but maybe would re-up just because I like this series
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    ^
    Kim K
    Robert Downy Jr
    Lizzo
    Dave Chappelle 

will watch, but not overly interested in any where I was like “wow, I gotta watch this”
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    The one with Chappelle is really good.

Chappelle is the only one I'm interested in, so not worth restarting Netflix over at this time. Thanks for the info!
    Chappelle is the only one I'm interested in, so not worth restarting Netflix over at this time. Thanks for the info!

as I recall letterman was dropping one a week..... will update as these come out..

mickeyrat said:

as I recall letterman was dropping one a week..... will update as these come out..
    Much appreciated. When will he get EV on, is what I want to know -- especially seeming how the guy is doing way more media in the past year than he's done in a decade. 
    mickeyrat said:

Much appreciated. When will he get EV on, is what I want to know -- especially seeming how the guy is doing way more media in the past year than he's done in a decade. 

And he'll travel for these interviews. I could see him setting up at the moore or benaroya or something like that.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    The chapelle interview was awesome.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited February 2022
    igotid88 said:

he was on our local radio station this morning here in Columbus. His and Rahals race team is located here so  he is familiar.

funny shit this morning.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    saw him wearing a Winnipeg Blue Bombers 1991 Grey Cup Champions toque. Weird. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

its just a hat....

mickeyrat said:
    its just a hat....

pretty obscure one. you just don't see that often from people who are that famous and live in LA, that's all. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited February 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    its just a hat....

pretty obscure one. you just don't see that often from people who are that famous and live in LA, that's all. 

LA? Montana and Connecticut with maybe a place in Manhattan

edit, wiki says North Salem , New York. borders Connecticut

Post edited by mickeyrat on

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    its just a hat....

LA? Montana and Connecticut with maybe a place in Manhattan

edit, wiki says North Salem , New York. borders Connecticut

it doesn't matter. not many people in the US know or care about the CFL, much less have a toque from a Grey Cup win 30 years ago. didn't really expect a go-round about this. it was just a simple observation. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• erebuserebus Posts: 549
    I could be totally wrong, but didn't Letterman  send Biff out to obscure events? Seems like he would have sent him to a Grey Cup

1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    erebus said:
    I could be totally wrong, but didn't Letterman  send Biff out to obscure events? Seems like he would have sent him to a Grey Cup

entirely possible. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Next Guest season 4 out now

Anyone see him on Late Show last night? Loved watching him walk out with the old music playing. Man I miss his show....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2023
    Wish he would start playing the talk show host of "The Late Show with David Letterman" in like the marvel movies or something. Doesn't he "cameo" in some Frank Miller-panel... In The Dark Knight Returns maybe...

I think he was okey with Stephen Colbert, but you can't get away from that Colbert fakee smile and sucking up. Would have been more lovely if Letterman hosted for some reason. Hehe. I think Kimmels love for Letterman feels the most genuine. 

The interview with Letterman on STRIKE FORCE FIVE was great by the way. A podcast led by all the Talk shows host, including John Oliver. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"