The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I think the future is bright for your Flyers...and I don't put it on the coach.
    Think you are a solid Goalie away.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The Flyers organization also needs to step up and take away seats from the people that threw beer cans on the ice.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    JK_Livin said:
    I don't want to see any of those 3 goalies back here next year.  If they weren't going to make any dead line deals, which I was fine with, they should've just stuck with Lyon and see what he had. Gudas had money on the Pens last night. 
    I think Neuvirth signed a multi year deal after last year so I think he is definitely back. Hextall likes him for some reason.  I think he is pretty average and he can't stay healthy.  I'd love to see them give Carter Hart a shot next year but I don't see Hextall going with such a young goalie.  Apparently he dominated in juniors this year and basically said he is too good to go back there next year.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    You also thought that the Kings could beat Vegas.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:
    I don't want to see any of those 3 goalies back here next year.  If they weren't going to make any dead line deals, which I was fine with, they should've just stuck with Lyon and see what he had. Gudas had money on the Pens last night. 
    I think Neuvirth signed a multi year deal after last year so I think he is definitely back. Hextall likes him for some reason.  I think he is pretty average and he can't stay healthy.  I'd love to see them give Carter Hart a shot next year but I don't see Hextall going with such a young goalie.  Apparently he dominated in juniors this year and basically said he is too good to go back there next year.

I watched most of the World JR. Championship and Hart was terrific. The announcers were saying he's going to be a GREAT NHL goalie.  Lets hope so.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    No offense but with the fans throwing beer cans and other shit on the ice yesterday I'm glad the Flyers lost.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    dankind said:
    Damn straight I did.  They could have - they just didn't.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    dankind said:
    Damn straight I did.  They could have - they just didn't.
    Just couldn't score against Fleury ... he was in a zone, Fleury could just as easily suck in round 2, he is a streaky goalie.

Give Peas A Chance…
    I think the Jake Guezal 6-4 goal probably should not have happened, it looked like Letang was guilty of a trip...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:

Elliot and Neuvirth both have 1 year left on their deals.
    Meltdown99 said:
    I think the Jake Guezal 6-4 goal probably should not have happened, it looked like Letang was guilty of a trip...

Clear as day.

KC138045 said:
    No offense but with the fans throwing beer cans and other shit on the ice yesterday I'm glad the Flyers lost.
    Happens in a lot of arenas across the Nhl, not just Philly
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    No automatic alt text available
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:

Meltdown99 said:

Clear as day.

KC138045 said:
    Keep telling yourself that. Seen a lot of teams get eliminated including my Jackets tonight and Philly fans are the only ones throwing shit on the ice. 

Zero beer cans, towels, trash, etc thrown on the ice tonight in Columbus. Instead we cheered our team off the ice with the CBJ! chant. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    edited April 2018
    KC138045 said:
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:

Meltdown99 said:

Clear as day.

KC138045 said:
    Keep telling yourself that. Seen a lot of teams get eliminated including my Jackets tonight and Philly fans are the only ones throwing shit on the ice. 

Zero beer cans, towels, trash, etc thrown on the ice tonight in Columbus. Instead we cheered our team off the ice with the CBJ! chant. 
    I dont need to keep telling myself that, as I'm not just talking about playoffs. Many incidents in Toronto and Boston arenas within the last year or so(just a small example) of beer bottles/trash/objects being thrown out on the ice. Gets swept up under the rug by the media. Brighter light gets shone whenever it happens in Philly, because its easy and fits the media narrative.
    Battery Chuckers was the term coined for Bruins fans, wasn't it?
    You know how much I think Boston sucks, but that was Philly—Eagles fans, to be specific. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Oh, ok.
    Fans other places are just as out of control on the severe end of the spectrum from what I have seen

Average Philly fan is more passionate than most other teams, also just based on my experience.  (And that doesn't equal throwing shit or beating people up)

Years ago, while still living in LA, I stopped wearing visiting team gear until inside Dodger Stadium.  For having a Reds hat on I was spit on and challenged to fight/cat called a number of years in a row....just walking to the stadium.
    Once inside, people lost their balls.

I've seen things at football games that blew my mind - and none of those were Eagles games.

Not saying there are not lots of idiots at Philly events...just that the association is there historically and is easy to point to.

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    dankind said:
    You know how much I think Boston sucks, but that was Philly—Eagles fans, to be specific. 
    Blah blah blah
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited April 2018
    dankind said:
    actually that was Phillies fans at J.D. Drew but never let the facts get in the way of a good story.  

Post edited by pjhawks on
    KC138045 said:
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:

Meltdown99 said:

Clear as day.

KC138045 said:

as for Columbus...just in a 30 second search. 

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/mgzxv3/columbus-crew-fans-throw-beers-at-portland-timbers-after-second-goal

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/riot-cops-use-tear-gas-columbus-crowds-after-ohio-state-n284976

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIcqY_FOnKU

at least you can spell your state's name:  O.H...
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    actually that was Phillies fans at J.D. Drew but never let the facts get in the way of a good story.  

Eagles fans, too, according to Doug Pederson.

And it’s not a good story. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:

i didn't recall that story but just looked it up.  you are correct sir.  I take back my comment.   knowing how he felt about Pederson up until aout halfway thru this past season it was probbaly Juggler here who was throwing batteries at Doug.
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:

i didn't recall that story but just looked it up.  you are correct sir.  I take back my comment.   knowing how he felt about Pederson up until aout halfway thru this past season it was probbaly Juggler here who was throwing batteries at Doug.
    Juggler was firing down hot oatmeal and chamomile tea.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited April 2018
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:

Juggler was firing down hot oatmeal and chamomile tea.

All Bran with strawberries and almond milk, with herbal tea and honey. Yeah, I'm the battery throwing type alright.

HOCKEY!

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JVR a Flyer again: 5 years, $35M
    Like this deal a lot.  Holmgren's worst trade by far getting rid of jvr for luke schenn.
    pjhawks said:
    Like this deal a lot.  Holmgren's worst trade by far getting rid of jvr for luke schenn.
    Yep, solidifies the Top 6
    Giroux/Coots/Voracek
    TK/Patrick/ JVR   
    Mix and match Simmonds or TK somewhere in there
    RIP to ex-Flyer goalie Ray Emery. He was fun to watch. Terrible.

Friends and first responders have identified victim in early morning drowning at the Hamilton Harbour as former @NHL goalie Ray Emery. Ray played the @ottawasenators@NHLBlackhawks@AnaheimDucks and the @NHLFlyers. He was swimming with several friends & never surfaced #HamOnt
    RIP to ex-Flyer goalie Ray Emery. He was fun to watch. Terrible.

Friends and first responders have identified victim in early morning drowning at the Hamilton Harbour as former @NHL goalie Ray Emery. Ray played the @ottawasenators@NHLBlackhawks@AnaheimDucks and the @NHLFlyers. He was swimming with several friends & never surfaced #HamOnt
    Younger than I would guessed.  Always seemed like a good dude when he was here.  too young to go. Sad. RIP.
    Bought the wife and I the Orange season ticket package this morning.  (Orange included the Kings game so that decision was easy.)  I am not buying any Flyers gear but will again be rooting for them in the East and as long as they are not playing Los Kings.