The Pizza Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    It was, and was very filling.  Two pieces felt like four.
    I'm not usually a fan of white pizza but the ricotta is a nice touch.
    The boys both loved the greasy cheese.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    It was, and was very filling.  Two pieces felt like four.
    I'm not usually a fan of white pizza but the ricotta is a nice touch.
    The boys both loved the greasy cheese.
    That white looked really good! The works did too. We’re doing homemade pies tomorrow afternoon. I’ll post a few here. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    We almost went that way today...but we made a cake instead.
    Look forward to those pics!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Same here.

Is that goat cheese on the white?
    Ricotta
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Swedish Falafel pizza

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:
    oh hell yes!!!  that looks amazing! what beer are you pairing it with?  Brett, white pie looks awesome!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Yep.
    Wow nice Sunday pizzas - the grill pizza looks like the crust is great.
    I love a falafel.  Never paired with pizza but I would try it!
  • bbiggs said:
    Good looking pizzas!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    oh hell yes!!!  that looks amazing! what beer are you pairing it with?  Brett, white pie looks awesome!
    Thanks man. Funny enough no beer for me today. Had more than my fill this weekend! 

Yep.
    Thanks bud. Yeah the crusts all turned out well. We made 5 total pizzas. One pepperoni. One sausage. One with sausage, onion, green pepper and mushroom. One with ham and pineapple. One with spinach, garlic, tomato and mushroom. A little bit of something for everyone. Now the food coma sets in. Lol 

Swedish Falafel pizza

That looks super good! Is that pepperoncini on there? 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    bbiggs said:

Yep.
    Thanks bud. Yeah the crusts all turned out well. We made 5 total pizzas. One pepperoni. One sausage. One with sausage, onion, green pepper and mushroom. One with ham and pineapple. One with spinach, garlic, tomato and mushroom. A little bit of something for everyone. Now the food coma sets in. Lol 
    I will take a slice of the last one, please.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Yeah I think we have tried to set boundaries on what is pizza and what isn't and the group decided to enjoy what others consider as pizza and comment.  
    (Otherwise Mike, Daniel, and I would be shouting about pizza all day and everyone else would be calling us NY/NJ pizza snobs.  :) )

Hey, I think pretty much all food is a legit pizza topping. I just saw my chance to reference the no cucumber allowed on pizza bit from Seinfeld and took it! I didn't really ever think the opportunity would arise..... never really expected to actually see cucumber on pizza, haha. :tongue:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I love that argument.  Cracks me up.  
    Kramer rocks, in general.
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hey, I think pretty much all food is a legit pizza topping. I just saw my chance to reference the no cucumber allowed on pizza bit from Seinfeld and took it! I didn't really ever think the opportunity would arise..... never really expected to actually see cucumber on pizza, haha. :tongue:
    Yeah I am very unsure about the falafel pizza. I absolutely love falafels but I m not sure if I d like it on a pie. And cucumbers are just as bad as pineapples!
    If you just made it without tomatoes and cheese it could just be a giant falafel and be great.

How did it taste, btw?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Yeah I think we have tried to set boundaries on what is pizza and what isn't and the group decided to enjoy what others consider as pizza and comment.  
    (Otherwise Mike, Daniel, and I would be shouting about pizza all day and everyone else would be calling us NY/NJ pizza snobs.  :) )

Damn straight.  As much as you guys like to think so, New Yorkers are not the world referees of pizza. :wink::whistle:

mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah I am very unsure about the falafel pizza. I absolutely love falafels but I m not sure if I d like it on a pie. And cucumbers are just as bad as pineapples!
    I don’t even know what falafels are lol. Cucumbers...no f’n way. I must say though, pineapple and ham is not bad. It’s not my first choice by any means, but if thrown on the pie in moderation, it’s pretty damn tasty 

Damn straight.  As much as you guys like to think so, New Yorkers are not the world referees of pizza. :wink::whistle:

Amen Dyer! I still think a Chicago vs NY pizza cook off is in order. ;) 
    I’m just waiting...”it wouldn’t be much of a competition!”  LOL
    It wouldn't be much of a competition.
    Lol
    edited April 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, I mean, why not just eat a falafel gyro, right? Plus I don't really care for cold toppings on pizzas anyhow, except maybe some arugula on one of those fancy schmancy restaurant ones with the balsamic vinaigrette, but even then... that really is best on flatbread, not pizza. I don't even really like those taco pizzas, with the lettuce and sour cream and stuff piled on it... I'd rather have tacos.
    I am a big pineapple on pizza fan, but I'm not going to let you drag me into that argument. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    edited April 2018

Mike and I live in NJ, Daniel lives in MA.
      ;)
    :lol:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, I mean, why not just eat a falafel gyro, right? Plus I don't really care for cold toppings on pizzas anyhow, except maybe some arugula on one of those fancy schmancy restaurant ones with the balsamic vinaigrette, but even then... that really is best on flatbread, not pizza. I don't even really like those taco pizzas, with the lettuce and sour cream and stuff piled on it... I'd rather have tacos.
    I am a big pineapple on pizza fan, but I'm not going to let you drag me into that argument. :lol:
    exactly!  just eat a gyro separate.  plus all that tzatziki sauce mixed in with tomato sauce just doesn't seem like a good combo to me.  but hey, to each their own!
    Allie I am like you, I just don't like cold toppings on my pie.  I've tried arugula a few times on my pizza and it just isn't my cup of tea.  

as brett said don't forget new jersey!!!