High resolution photos of posters

2»

Comments

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    igotshit said:
    Everybody needs to relax a bit, I just want to finish my collection of posters of shows I have been too, not looking to sell them, and I have looked all over the internet to find them but some can’t not be foubd
    It will never truly be complete then...
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Screw the bootleggers and shoe the shoeless!!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Indifference71 said:

Obviously bootlegging posters and selling them is not cool, but I don't see the harm in creating your own print to hang up for yourself.

THIS

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    igotshit said:
    Everybody needs to relax a bit, I just want to finish my collection of posters of shows I have been too, not looking to sell them, and I have looked all over the internet to find them but some can’t not be foubd
    It will never truly be complete then...
    :lol:

Its true it wont be a complete set. I for one only like the original thing.

But in OP's case I cant say its a bootleg if they just want one print to frame, hang and enjoy in the privacy of their own home.

Seems like we have gone off the main road here a bit on this one. I dont think Bootlegging Posters was the plan here.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    BF89905 said:
    I guess everyone has different definitions of fun.  Chasing down merch being sold wayyyy above face value is not fun.  At all.  

Obviously bootlegging posters and selling them is not cool, but I don't see the harm in creating your own print to hang up for yourself.
    I agree that reproducing someone's artistic work without their permission is not cool; additionally, people reselling this same artwork way above face value is also slimey in my opinion. 

Another rather obvious perspective is that many people/fans/10C members never want to see the day that Pearl Jam posters and other miscellaneous items start being mass produced due to the fact that this would reduce their materialistic sense of self-worth. What! I can no longer re-sell my $40 concert poster to a fellow fan for a ridiculous mark-up!  ..... I can't come to these boards to re-sell an artist's artwork, at prices that I would shame if the artists chose similar prices at their original point of sale!  Oh, the humanity ;)
    I'll buy your house for what it originally went for!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

Its true it wont be a complete set. I for one only like the original thing.

But in OP's case I cant say its a bootleg if they just want one print to frame, hang and enjoy in the privacy of their own home.

Seems like we have gone off the main road here a bit on this one. I dont think Bootlegging Posters was the plan here.

Yep. No need to overreact and get into a heated discussion that wasn't intended.  I totally get where the OP is coming from. I've thought about doing this with the Pitt Missing Link quite a bit.  The highest resolution image I can find though would only be good enough for a 5x7.
    The highest resolution image I can find though would only be good enough for a 5x7.

That's the issue. If you can get a decent image id suggest doing an 11x17 or 13x19

I know from past experience the 18x24 just wont turn out the way you want.

• angry_skullangry_skull Posts: 321
    BF89905 said:
    I guess everyone has different definitions of fun.  Chasing down merch being sold wayyyy above face value is not fun.  At all.  

I agree that reproducing someone's artistic work without their permission is not cool; additionally, people reselling this same artwork way above face value is also slimey in my opinion. 

Another rather obvious perspective is that many people/fans/10C members never want to see the day that Pearl Jam posters and other miscellaneous items start being mass produced due to the fact that this would reduce their materialistic sense of self-worth. What! I can no longer re-sell my $40 concert poster to a fellow fan for a ridiculous mark-up!  ..... I can't come to these boards to re-sell an artist's artwork, at prices that I would shame if the artists chose similar prices at their original point of sale!  Oh, the humanity ;)
    I'll buy your house for what it originally went for!
    Haha! Be careful...some of are still underwater with our mortgages. I might make a 20K profit if I took you up on that offer.
  • I am afraid that you're looking at a copyright issue with the artist. I understand the OP's intent but I'd avoid getting involved with making copies in any way, shape or form of posters. Just my chicken-sh%t two cents...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
    I am afraid that you're looking at a copyright issue with the artist. I understand the OP's intent but I'd avoid getting involved with making copies in any way, shape or form of posters. Just my chicken-sh%t two cents...

Maybe if he's making prints and listing them online for sale. But how can he get in any copyright trouble by making a print for himself at home ? Who is policing this?
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Perhaps with the express written consent of the commissioner's office, it will be ok?
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    I do think that if you want to print one for the sole pupose of hanging it on your own wall and for your own pleasure, there is no need to advertise it etc.  Keep that shit to yourself. 
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    edited April 2018
    10. Please respect an artist's copyright. Linking to or otherwise promoting stolen art is prohibited.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/204866734-Terms-of-Use

Post edited by Sea on
This discussion has been closed.