Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2018
    You think it sounds reasonable for her to encourage the federal government to basically use economic sanctions against another province in order to blackmail them into doing something they are very strongly opposed to, as shown in the provincial polls?
    Um, but yeah, sure, if she's fishing for reelection in Alberta it's working for her, and that definitely means there are no ulterior motives behind what she's saying, haha. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited April 2018
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Fantastic news, at least for the time being! Some think this is the beginning of Kinder Morgan's exit strategy from the project. I certainly hope so. I've often said that I didn't think the protests would actually work, because oil always wins.... I'm hoping this development is the first sign of me being proven wrong.

The AB premier has already threatened British Columbians again, lol. She's upset about Kinder Morgan's announcement so says that she's going to get revenge on BCers through sanctions. She's such an idiot, seriously.
    I've meet Notley. She is most definitely not an idiot, moron or a silly fool.
    Why does she act like one then?
    I don't the she does.
    Kay, but i do, and i'm not alone.
    Well big surprise that it makes a difference what side of the border you're on. So that makes it very subjective, not objective.
    To some degree, but her recent tweets lend support to the notion that she's an idiot.
    I'm not on twitter. What tweets?

edit: forget it.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Don Braid: Notley says to save Trans Mountain, Alberta would buy it from Kinder Morgan

http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/braid-to-save-kinder-morgan-project-notley-would-buy-it/wcm/2b025543-92ab-4807-83ae-cba2a1cd6abe

Cabinet to hold emergency meeting Tuesday in bid to save Trans Mountain pipeline

expansionhttps://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-tories-blast-trudeau-for-not-meeting-with-bc-premier-horgan-on/
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    I think BC should speak with their wallets...they should voluntarily raise gas to 3/litre...LOL
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • I think BC should speak with their wallets...they should voluntarily raise gas to 3/litre...LOL
    It's been higher than anywhere else in Canada for a long time. We've seen no advantages from our proximity to the tar sands.
    I was being sarcastic ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I doubt Notley has the back-bone to turn off the taps nor she should.  Why doesn’t she direct her anger directly at Trudeau...he’s the PM. he has options to get the pipeline built.  I believe Horgan said all along he was opposed to that pipeline...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited April 2018
    I don't have a problem with this. I actually think the parents showed considerable restraint:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/mounties-issue-warning-after-alleged-port-alberni-vigilante-attack/ar-AAvSIDy?li=AAggFp5&ocid=edgsp

If I read correctly... a mother and father restrained (physically) a 28 year old man after he showed up at their house to have sex with their 13 year old daughter. This creep had a history and his creepiness was referred to the authorities by the same parents; however, the I guess the law only intercedes after a 28 year old shitbird has sex with a 13 year old.

* On a side note... Trudeau- in his now traditional failing manner- has expressed that the Kinder Morgan pipeline is going to be built and he couldn't give two shits about how British Columbians feel about this. I had high hopes for this pencil necked geek, but looking back... I don't know why I bothered to get excited? He wasn't ready after all.

What can happen will happen. And when (inevitably) that shit crude oil from the tar sands spills into the bays off Burnaby and settles onto the ocean floor ruining that habitat... the pencil necked little geek can own it.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on

I doubt Notley has the back-bone to turn off the taps nor she should.  Why doesn’t she direct her anger directly at Trudeau...he’s the PM. he has options to get the pipeline built.  I believe Horgan said all along he was opposed to that pipeline...
    For sure, and this is one of the reasons I think it's clear Notley is a moron. Horgan is just fulfilling a campaign promise and doing what the voters wanted. I think he's doing a very good and professional job of that. Notley is just freaking out as far as I can tell. Trudeau is also doing what he said he was going to do. As always, I have no faith that this pipeline won't be built because oil always wins (a sad fact IMO). But FFS, it's not actually hard to do what Horgan is very reasonably and calmly asking for: Let the courts decide if BC can restrict the transportation of bitumen in BC. That is all Horgan is going for at this point, and hot heads barely seem to understand that. If Horgan loses that in court, he will concede, having done his best. Be is clearly very open to compromise too. He's being civilized, while others spaz.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Accused murderer set free due to court delays

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/accused-murderer-set-free-due-to-court-delays-1.3890249

How the fuck does this not become a priority ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Accused murderer set free due to court delays

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/accused-murderer-set-free-due-to-court-delays-1.3890249

lol

Only in Canada! Poor murderer having to wait too long.

Take solace in the fact that even if he did go to trial... the suspension of his Tim Horton's license doesn't stop him from going to Starbucks.
    Accused murderer set free due to court delays

lol

Only in Canada! Poor murderer having to wait too long.

Take solace in the fact that even if he did go to trial... the suspension of his Tim Horton's license doesn't stop him from going to Starbucks.
    We will probably be hearing about this guy again...unfortunately.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Well duh...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/returning-isis-members-pose-potential-chemical-weapons-risk-internal-government-documents/ar-AAw75zd?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartanntp

Trudeau... he loves Canadians that go play ISIS fighter!

I love the part where it says the chances are really low because of robust domestic controls over the required materials(not because of the awesomely successful rehabilitation programming taxpayers are funding for the former beheaders).
    Well duh...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/returning-isis-members-pose-potential-chemical-weapons-risk-internal-government-documents/ar-AAw75zd?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartanntp

Trudeau... he loves Canadians that go play ISIS fighter!

I love the part where it says the chances are really low because of robust domestic controls over the required materials(not because of the awesomely successful rehabilitation programming taxpayers are funding for the former beheaders).
    You are not going to rehabilitate ISIS fighters...they should be left for dead on the battle field, but since we won't there is no way we should allow them in with out being arrested and tried for treason and a life behind bars at the very minimum...maybe throw them in GP and start some nasty rumours and see how they like being controlled 24/7, not just by the correction system but by the other lovely inmates.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Looks like another van terrorist attack, in Toronto. :frowning: 9 dead, 16 injured (as of right now).
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Looks like another van terrorist attack, in Toronto. :frowning: 9 dead, 16 injured (as of right now).
    Yup.

Hopefully it's not one of those ISIS guys Trudeau thought was going to be a great voice for Canada.
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yup.

Hopefully it's not one of those ISIS guys Trudeau thought was going to be a great voice for Canada.
    Trudeau said ISIS soldiers were going to be great voices for Canada?
    Sad...I will let the police inform me what happened.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    We shouldn't automatically assume it was Islamic terror ... plenty of crazies willing to copy ISIS type terror attacks.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Yes, overall, Thirty's comment was 100% not useful or constructive.
  • PJ_Soul said:

I'll retract it with full apology if I'm proven wrong.
    PJ_Soul said:

I'll retract it with full apology if I'm proven wrong.
    Either way, I would still love to see the quote where Trudeau said ISIS terrorists would be great voices for Canada.
    Also, As an Ontario resident, we do a poor job helping people with mental health problems...not saying that's what this is, but a real possibility.  I have a sister in Toronto, I touched base, she is good...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yup.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/24980/justin-trudeau-returning-isis-fighters-theyll-be-emily-zanotti

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Regardless of his motivation, fuck the motherfucker, throw the book at him, since it was clearly intentional. Used to work around the corner from where it happened.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    I think all the provinces do a shit job when it comes to mental health problems.
    I do indeed assume it was a terrorist attack (mentally ill culprit or not), just because that what all signs point to. I definitely see no need to turn that assumption into anything snidely political though. That is just super divisive, while the dead bodies are still lying on the sidewalk.
    edited April 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yup.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/24980/justin-trudeau-returning-isis-fighters-theyll-be-emily-zanotti

I and probably every other Canadian is perfectly aware of this. What you said and what he said aren't the same though. Your paraphrasing and deletion of details really distort what Trudeau was actually saying (not that I ever thought it was a good idea, mind you).
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Watching the local news now, it’s at least a bit heartening to hear how bystanders sprung into action to help the injured.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Regardless of his motivation, fuck the motherfucker, throw the book at him, since it was clearly intentional. Used to work around the corner from where it happened.

He was begging to be shot. We should have obliged him.

A parasite.